Home Alone 4
Home Alone 4 (also known in North America and Canada as Home Alone: Taking Back the House, and stylized as HOME ALONe4) is a 2002 American made-for-television Christmas family comedy film directed by Rod Daniel, which first aired on ABC on November 3, 2002.
It is the fourth installment in the Home Alone franchise series. The film brings back several of the main characters from the first two films including Kevin McCallister, but with all the roles played by different actors. It is also the only film in the series to be filmed outside the United States (although set in Chicago, it was actually shot in South Africa). The plot revolves around Kevin trying to defend his future stepmother's house from Marv and his wife Vera.
- [The house is awash in water] House, clean yourself up. [nothing happens] Well, it was worth a try.
- [last lines] I knew this was gonna be the best Christmas ever.
- Well, prison isn't so bad. We do get Salisbury steak on Wednesdays.
- [To Kevin] Shut up, you little moron!
- Kevin: Robbers were trying to rip off your house!
- Natalie: So you chose to trash it?
- Kevin: No, I was trying to protect it!
- Natalie: By trashing it?
- Vera: Marv, I gotta pee.
- Marv: Vera, you can pee next week.
- [Vera and Marv enter Kevin's room, which appears deserted]
- Marv: [whispering] I think there's somebody here.
- Vera: [yells] Anybody in here?
- Marv: No, not now. Shhhh.
- Vera: You shhhhhhhh.
- Marv: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
- [Kevin is trapped in the basement with Mr. Prescott]
- Kevin: I don't understand. If they were so mean to you how come you never quit working for them?
- Mr. Prescott: I know you are young and that is the most obvious solution, but jobs are not always easy to find.
- Dad: Just because you grow up on the outside doesn't mean you want to stop having fun enjoying life.
- Kevin: I know all about the inner child dad.
- Peter: You do, huh?
- Kevin: That's why old guys drive sports cars.
- Peter: You're probably right.
- Kevin: But the trouble with sports cars, there's no room for anybody else maybe one other person max. But if you want to take a real road trip luggage and all you don’t even have room for a friend I mean there cool and fast and all but who wants to be in a nice car when you're alone all.
- French Stewart - Marv Merchants
- Erick Avari - Mr. Prescott
- Barbara Babcock - Molly Merchants
- Jason Beghe - Peter McCallister
- Clare Carey - Kate McCallister
- Missi Pyle - Vera Merchants
- Gideon Jacobs - Buzz McCallister
- Chelsea Russo - Megan McCallister
- Mike Weinberg - Kevin McCallister