Hop is a 2011 Easter-themed live-action-computer-animated comedy film in which E.B., the Easter Bunny's teenage son, heads to Hollywood, determined to become a drummer in a rock 'n' roll band. In LA, he's taken in by Fred after the out-of-work slacker hits E.B. with his car.
- Fred, I think you and I got off the wrong foot. You said some things, I flooded some things. Let's start over, okay? People are the best people of all the people in the world
- [to E.B; when Sam O'Hare arrives] One more word out of you, and it's rabbit season, you got it?
- [when he's pulling] Phil! How do I look from back there? My buttocks! They're pretty firm, yeah?
- E.B.: [after Fred talks to a Chinese Woman] What'd she say, was it about me?
- Fred O'Hare: [In Chinese; subtitled] She thinks Easter is cool. Talking rabbits freaks her out.
- E.B: You speak Chinese? And to think I couldn't like you any more.
- E.B.: Hey, wait. You're not surprised I'm a talking rabbit.
- David Hasselhoff: Little man, my best friend is a talking car.
- Fred: Okay, if this job interview is so important to you, I'll swing by.
- Sam O'Hare: No, Fred. You don't swing by. You shower, you shave, and you show up. The 3 Sh's!
- Voice at Playboy Manison: [through an intercom] Listen, this is the Playboy Mansion, not a hotel.
- E.B.: [looking into a map] Yeah, right. I know, but it says here that ever "Since 1971 the Playboy Mansion has been home to many sexy bunnies."
- Voice at Playboy Mansion: I can't even see you. Step closer.
- E.B.: [stepping closer, face still in the map] I'm just saying, I am a bunny and incredibly sexy.
- Voice at Playboy Mansion: I don't have time for this. [clicks intercom off]
- E.B.: Hello? Hello? Ugh, this must the rags part of my rags-to-riches story.
- Fred: Yeah, my parents have moved in with me. That has sort of been a full-time job.
- Mrs. Beck: Mmm-hmm.
- Fred: It’s fine. It’s gets in the way of writing my novel, is all.
- Mrs. Beck: You're writing a novel? What's that about?
- Fred: It's, ah, it's about a crippled soldier, who in the future goes to another planet, and becomes one of the indigenous people who, uh, are blue, and live in a forest.
- Mrs. Beck: That's not Avatar?
- Fred: No... Not really.
- Mrs. Beck: So why don’t we take a walk and I can tell you a little bit about the company.
- Fred: Okay.
- E.B.: Fred, I've just had an idea. When I'm a famous rock star, I'm going to buy a mansion just like this, and make you sleep in the garage in a topsy-turvy switcheroo. What do you think?
- Fred: Oh, man. My sister's here!
- E.B.: You never told me you had a sister. There's still so much we don't Know about each other, Fred.
- Fred: Oh, man. If she goes upstairs, I'm dead.
- E.B.: Why?
- Fred: Why? Let me take you back to this morning when you flooded the bathroom and you trashed the bedroom, remember that?
- E.B.: Fred, leave this to me. I'll smooth it out with her. Ow! Hey.
- Fred: Look at me. One word out of you, and it's rabbit season. You got it? Okay, I'm going to run interference. I need you to sneak upstairs and clean up, quietly.
- E.B.: Fred, mate! I'll behave. I'll clean up this mess. I'll do the dishes!
- Fred: Not your problem. There's no dishes in the wild.
- E.B.: No, Fred. But... I'm special!
- Fred: Nope. We're all special.
- [E.B. is in his room, playing his drum set while Phil dances until his father walks into the room]
- Mr. Bunny: E.B.? E.B.!!!
- E.B.: [stops drumming] Oh! Hello, Dad! What do you think?
- Mr. Bunny: Great. Really kicking. But, E.B., shouldn't you be rousing your speech? You're about to be crowned the Easter Bunny in front of your peers.
- E.B.: Um, yeah. About that.
- Mr. Bunny: Yes?
- E.B.: Look, Dad. Ever since I was yea big, it's always been, "The Easter Bunny has to be perfect." and "The Easter Bunny wouldn't do that." But I'm not perfect.
- Mr. Bunny: I know that, son. But you'll get there eventually.
- E.B.: Yes. But I'm... [Sighs] Listen. You want me to be this. [Picks up an Easter egg] But maybe I'm not this. Maybe I'm this. [He hands him a sock on the floor. Mr. Bunny grunts in disgust after smelling it]
- Mr. Bunny: A sock?
- E.B.: That's right. I might be a metaphorical sock. I might not be a good enough egg, but I might be the best sock ever! I might not cut it, delivering Easter baskets, but I might be great at something else! [Gestures to his drum set]
- Mr. Bunny: Oh, the drums! I think that's fine. I think it's really nice that you have a hobby. Everybody should have a hobby.
- E.B.: It's not a hobby, Dad! I wanna drum in a band! I wanna see the world!
- Mr. Bunny: E.B., the Easter Bunny sees the world. Every country in one night, making people happy.
- E.B.: Really, Dad? The whole world? [He spins his egg-shaped globe and points to China] What about China?
- [Scene cuts to a Chinese woman shooing Mr. Bunny away with a broom, spilling baskets of candy and eggs into the streets]
- Mr. Bunny: Look, it's candy, woman! Madame, please. [Cuts back to E.B.'s room] Alright. So, we haven't cracked China yet. But for all those that do believe, you will be there.
- E.B.: No, Dad! I don't wanna be the Easter Bunny!
- Mr. Bunny: [Seriously] Now, listen to me! Four-thousand years of tradition doesn't end just because one selfish bunny doesn't feel like doing it! [Goes to the door to leave the room]
- E.B.: Look, Dad...
- Mr. Bunny: No, E.B.! You look! You are going to be the Easter Bunny! Now, you need to get it together, get rid of these drums, and get your priorities straight! I'll see you out there! [Closes his bedroom door]
- E.B.: No. I don't think you will.
- Big Game, Big Ears.
- Candy, Chicks, and Rock 'n' Roll
- From the creators of Despicable Me.
- A comedy about candy, chicks and rock 'n roll.
- James Marsden - Fred O'Hare
- Kaley Cuoco - Samantha "Sam" O'Hare
- Gary Cole - Henry O'Hare
- Elizabeth Perkins - Bonnie O'Hare
- Tiffany Espensen - Alex O'Hare
- David Hasselhoff - Himself
- Chelsea Handler - Mrs. Beck
- Dustin Ybarra - Cody
- Carlease Burke - Receptionist
- Veronica Alicino - Waitress
- Jimmy Lee Carter, Billy Bowers, Benjamin Moore, Jr., Eric Dwight McKinnie, Joey Anthony Williams, Tracy Roman Pierce, Will Cleveland Smith - Blind Boys of Alabama
- Coleton Ray - Young Fred
- Greg Lewis - Performer
- Mark Riccardi - Security Guard
- Cici Lau - Chinese Woman
- Jayden Lund - Another Parent
- Christian Long - a "Hoff Knows Talent" production assistant
- Hugh Hefner - Voice at Playboy Mansion
- Nick Drago - Dancer
- David Goldsmith - Warm-Up Guy
- Rick Pasqualone - Utility Voice
The O'Hare Family
- Bonnie (wife)
- Fred (son)
- Sam (daughter)
- Alex (adoptive daughter)