House of Bourbon
The House of Bourbon is a European royal dynasty who have reigned over many areas including France, Spain, the Two Sicilies, Parma and more.
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Nobles and heralds, by your leave,
Here lies what once was Matthew Prior;
The son of Adam and of Eve:
Can Bourbon or Nassau claim higher?
- Matthew Prior, Epitaph (1721)
- I am Bourbon as a matter of honour, royalist according to reason and conviction, and republican by taste and character.
- François-René de Chateaubriand, De la restauration et de la monarchie élective (1831)
- I see that God died on a gibbet eighteen hundred years ago on behalf of the Bourbon family.
- A sceptic of the throne and altar political alliance of Catholicism and Monarchism. Quoted in The New Cambridge Modern History (1965)