Impatience is the lack of patience expressed by restlessness and intolerance of delays or anxiety and eagerness, especially to begin something.
- Yoda: Stopped they must be; on this all depends. Only a fully trained Jedi Knight, with the Force as his ally, will conquer Vader and his Emperor. If you end your training now - if you choose the quick and easy path as Vader did - you will become an agent of evil.
- Obi-Wan: Patience.
- Luke: And sacrifice Han and Leia?
- Yoda: If you honor what they fight for? Yes.
- The Empire Strikes Back screenplay written by Leigh Brackett Lawrence Kasdan
- Impatient straight to flesh his virgin sword.
- Homer, The Odyssey, Book 20, line 381. Pope's translation; reported in Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations (1922), p. 390.
- I wish, and I wish that the spring would go faster,
Nor long summer bide so late;
And I could grow on like the foxglove and aster,
For some things are ill to wait.
- Jean Ingelow, Song of Seven, Seven Times Two; reported in Hoyt's New Cyclopedia Of Practical Quotations (1922), p. 390.
- I am on fire
To hear this rich reprisal is so nigh
And yet not ours.