Iron Man 3
Iron Man 3 (stylised onscreen as Iron Man Three) is a 2013 American superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Iron Man, produced by Kevin Feige of Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is the sequel to Iron Man and Iron Man 2, and the seventh installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- 1 Tony Stark / Iron Man
- 2 Pepper Potts
- 3 Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes / Iron Patriot
- 4 Aldrich Killian / The Mandarin
- 5 Maya Hansen
- 6 Ellen Brandt
- 7 Eric Savin
- 8 Happy Hogan
- 9 Trevor Slattery
- 10 J.A.R.V.I.S.
- 11 President Matthew Ellis
- 12 Vice President Rodriguez
- 13 Harley Keener
- 14 Dialogue
- 15 Cast
- 16 External links
Tony Stark / Iron Man
- [opening lines]
- A famous man once said, "We create our own demons." Who said that? What does that even mean? Didn't matter. I said it 'cause he said it. So now, he was famous and it was basically said by two well-known guys. I don't... uhh... I'm gonna start again. Let's track this from the beginning.
- [last lines]
- And so, as Christmas morning began, my journey was at its end. You start with something pure. Something exciting. Then come the mistakes, the compromises. We create our own demons. As promised, I got Pepper sorted out. Took a little tinkering. But then I thought "why stop there?" Of course there are people who say progress is dangerous, but then I bet none of those idiots ever had to live with a chest full of shrapnel. And now, neither will I. Let me tell you: that was the best sleep I'd had in years. So if I were to wrap this up tight with a bow or whatever, I guess I'd say my armor, it was never a distraction or a hobby, it was a cocoon. And now, I'm a changed man. You can take away my house, all my tricks and toys. One thing you can't take away... I am Iron Man.
- Oh, my God. That was really violent.
Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes / Iron Patriot
- If you want this suit, you're gonna have to pry my cold, dead body out of it.
- Tony, I swear, I'm gonna blow his face off.
Aldrich Killian / The Mandarin
- You know who I am. You don't know where I am. And you'll never see me coming.
- No more false faces. You said you wanted the Mandarin, you're looking right at him. It was always me, Tony, right from the start. I am the Mandarin!
- Look, if you want a launch product next year, I need Stark, He just lacked a decent incentive, Now, he has one.
- That's all you got? A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner?
- What are you doin', buddy? You out by yourself? A little date night? Watching your favorite chick flick maybe?
- He's not here. Try the jet stream, speaking of which, go fish.
- Let me tell you something. Do you know what happened when I told people I was Iron Man's bodyguard? They would laugh in my face. I had to leave while I still had a shred of dignity.
- President Ellis, you continue to resist my attempts to educate you, sir. And now, you’ve missed me again. You know who I am, you don’t know where I am, and you’ll never see me coming.
- Sir, I have an update from Malibu. The cranes have finally arrived and the cellar doors are being cleared as we speak.
President Matthew Ellis
- Central to my administration's response to this terrorist event is a newly minted resource. I know him as Colonel James Rhodes. The American people will soon know him as the Iron Patriot.
Vice President Rodriguez
- Mr. Stark, I'm about to eat honey-roast ham, surrounded by the Agency's finest. The president's safe on Air Force One with Colonel Rhodes. I think we're good here.
- My mom already left for diner and Dad went to 7-11 to get scratchers. I guess he won because that was six years ago.
- Tony Stark: Where are your parents?
- Harley Keener: Well, my mom's at work, and my dad went out to get scratchers... I-I guess he won, because that was six years ago.
- Stark: Which happens. Dads leave. No need to be a pussy about it.
- Savin: Hey, kid! What would you like for Christmas?
- Harley: Mr. Stark, I am so sorry.
- Savin: Nope. I think he was trying to say, "I want my goddamn file."
- Tony Stark: You walked right into this one: I've dated hotter chicks than you.
- Ellen Brandt: That's all you've got? A cheap trick and a cheesy one-liner?
- Stark: Sweetheart, that could be the name of my autobiography!
- [blows her up with an improvised bomb]
- Maya Hansen: [prepares syringe for Extremis] Let him go! What's going to happen to your men, what's going to happen to you?
- Aldrich Killian: [kills Maya; to Stark] Well, the good news is, a high-level position has just been vacated.
- Colonel James Rhodes: [sees Trevor] This is the Mandarin?
- Tony Stark: I know, right? It's embarrassing!
- Colonel James Rhodes: We couldn't save the President with the suit, how are we going to save Pepper with nothing?
- Tony Stark: Uh…say, Jarvis? Is it that time?
- JARVIS: The House Party Protocol, sir?
- Stark: Correct. [JARVIS activates suits]
- [Tony is telling his story with his eyes closed to Bruce Banner, who has fallen asleep.]
- Tony: You know, and thank you, by the way, for listening. But something about just getting it off my chest and putting it out there in the atmosphere instead of holding this in. I mean, this is what gets people sick, you know. Wow. I had no idea you were such a good listener. To be able to share all my intimate thoughts, my experiences with someone, it just cuts the weight of it in half, you know. It's like a snake swallowing its own tail. Everything comes full circle. [Bruce drops the glasses he was holding and wakes up.] And - and the fact that you've been able to help me process... [Tony opens his eyes and looks at Bruce.]
- Bruce: So?
- Tony: You with me?
- Bruce: I was, yeah. Where – we were at, uh –
- Tony: Actively napping?
- Bruce: I – I was – I – I – I drifted.
- Tony: Where did I lose you?
- Bruce: Elevator in Switzerland.
- Tony: So you heard none of it?
- Bruce: I'm sorry. I'm not that kind of doctor. I'm not a therapist. It's not my training.
- Tony: So?
- Bruce: I – I don't have the –
- Tony: What? The time?
- Bruce: Temperament.
- Tony: You know what? Now that I think about it, oh, God, my original wound, 1983, you all right?
- [A tired Bruce nods.]
- Bruce: Yes.
- Tony: I'm 14 years old, and I still have a nanny? That was weird.
- Robert Downey, Jr. as Tony Stark / Iron Man
- Gwyneth Paltrow as Virginia "Pepper" Potts
- Don Cheadle as Col. James "Rhodey" Rhodes / Iron Patriot
- Guy Pearce as Aldrich Killian
- Rebecca Hall as Dr. Maya Hansen
- Stephanie Szostak as Ellen Brandt
- James Badge Dale as Eric Savin
- Jon Favreau as Happy Hogan
- Ben Kingsley as Trevor Slattery
- Paul Bettany as J.A.R.V.I.S.
- William Sadler as President Matthew Ellis
- Miguel Ferrer as Vice President Rodriguez
- Ty Simpkins as Harley Keener