- Ever since I was born I have never been involved in corruption and I will never be corrupt.
- From the steps of the Johannesburg Public Library after his rape acquittal on 8 May 2006, Manto: Media sensationalised Zuma's shower statement, M&G, 11 May 2006
- Even today, I would fight and die for you. I say that without any hesitation because that is what I stood for when I joined the struggle. I will stand for it until the end.
- After his rape acquittal on 8 May 2006, Zuma castigates media after acquittal, M&G, 8 May 2006
- Me?! What? I don’t know, unless I must go to the dictionary and learn what a crook is. I’ve never been a crook. ... I'm saying I'm not a crook, I have never been a crook. I will never be a crook.
- In reply to the question 'Are you a crook?', from BBC Panorama interviewer Fergal Keane, 11 February 2008
- As Africans, long before the arrival of religion and [the] gospel, we had our own ways of doing things, ... Those were times that the religious people refer to as dark days but we know that, during those times, there were no orphans or old-age homes. Christianity has brought along these things.
- At an event in KwaZulu-Natal, Jacob Zuma blames Christianity for South Africa's problems, The Telegraph, 21 December 2011
- South Africans cannot believe that a man who never went to school is the President and that is the reason why he must be attacked 24/7 ... No one has ever said it is a miracle for this man to have become president and wrote a column about it.
- Speaking as patron of the Jacob Zuma Foundation at Dube House official residence, Morningside, South Africans cannot believe they have an uneducated president – Zuma, News24, 15 January 2016