Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer
|The neutrality of this article is disputed.|
Please see the relevant discussion on the talk page.
Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer are an American film director and screenwriter team. They were two of the writers of the Scary Movie series of films and have on their own written and directed films such as Date Movie, Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, and Disaster Movie, all of which have been widely panned by film critics.
Quotations about Friedberg and Seltzer
- Friedberg and Seltzer do not practice the same craft as P.T. Anderson, David Cronenberg, Michael Bay, Kevin Costner, Zucker, Abrahams, and Zucker, the Wayans Brothers, Uwe Boll, any dad who takes shaky home movies on a camping trip, or a bear who turns on a video camera by accident while trying to eat it. They are not filmmakers. They are evildoers, charlatans, symbols of Western civilization's decline...
- . Yet another terrible spoof movie from Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer.. Slate Magazine.
- Writer/directors Friedberg and Seltzer are a scourge. They’re a plague on our cinematic landscape, a national shame, a danger to our culture, a typhoon-sized natural disaster disguised as a filmmaking team, a Hollywood monster wreaking havoc on the minds of America’s youth and setting civilization back thousands of years.
- Does the phrase "gilding the lily" mean anything to Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer, who wrote and directed this? Apparently not, since they were equally clueless in their choice of prey for Date Movie, last year's comic misfire. (The Brothers Wayans, the original source of sophomoric inspiration for the Scary Movie franchise, are nowhere to be found.)
- . 'Epic Movie': Grand scale failure. thestar.com (28 January 2007).
- I think we’ll shove Jody into the dim-witted corner directors like Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer (“Scary Movie,” “Date Movie,” “Meet the Spartans,” among other atrocities) already occupy.
- . Whitman Pioneer : Don’t ‘Observe’ this film. Whitman Pioneer.
- Writer/director team Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer have no such inhibitions. To this deadly duo, there is no joke so lame it can't be repeated. Did you hear the one about how Donald Trump wears a wig? That Paris Hilton's a spoiled bitch? Or even—get this—Britney Spears might be crazy? Friedberg and Seltzer have, and once again, they prove themselves to be the cinematic equivalent of that annoying friend of yours who thinks repeating the jokes he saw last night on TV is the funniest damn thing ever.
- Luke Y. Thompson (25 January 2008). Lousy Movie. OC Weekly.