(Redirected from Jerks off)Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I would masturbate in a red speedo.
- Gillian Anderson, when asked what would she do if she and David Duchovny switched bodies for a week. Reddit "Gillian Anderson here. I've brought David Duchovny with me. Ask us anything, we'll answer almost everything." (October 12, 2013)
- If God had intended us not to masturbate, he would've made our arms shorter.
- George Carlin, quoted in Strean Jokes: Their Purpose and Meaning (1993), p. 72.
- Because of its divine institution for the propagation of man, the seed is not to be vainly ejaculated, nor is it to be damaged, nor is it to be wasted. To have coitus other than to procreate children is to do injury to nature.
- Clement of Alexandria, The Instructor of Children, 2:10:95:3
- When scolded for masturbating in public, he said "I wish it were as easy to banish hunger by rubbing my belly."
- We know that more than seventy to eighty percent of women masturbate, and ninety percent of men masturbate, and the rest lie.
- You're gonna be pleasing each other, and if he already knows what pleases him, and he's gonna please himself, then why am I in the picture?
- Christine O'Donnell, "IX: The Safest Sex of All", Sex in the 90s (MTV), 1996
- To intervene in this personal, secret activity, which masturbation was, does not represent something neutral for the parents. It is not only a matter of power, or authority, or ethics; it's also a pleasure
- Michel Foucault (1990). Politics, philosophy, culture: interviews and other writings, 1977-1984. Routledge. p. 9.
- In this room, right now, each of you, in your own lives, has agonized over the fact that you have masturbated. Masturbation isn't sinful. If it feels good — do it. You have my blessing, and you yourself know how it relaxes you.
- Masturbation is the thinking man's television.
- Christopher Hampton Jonathan, in The Philanthropist (1969)
- But I wonder why he the heretic Jovinianus set Judah and Tamar before us for an example, unless perchance even harlots give him pleasure; or Onan, who was slain because he grudged his brother his seed. Does he imagine that we approve of any sexual intercourse except for the procreation of children?
- Jerome, Against Jovinian, 1:19, (AD 393)
- Among all types of sexual activity, masturbation is, however, the one in which the female most frequently reaches orgasm.
- Alfred Kinsey, Sexual Behavior in the Human Female (1953), ch.5, p. 132.
- And if the flow of seed go out from a man, then he shall bathe all his flesh in water, and be unclean until the even. And every garment, and every skin, whereon is the flow of seed, shall be washed with water, and be unclean until the even.
- Leviticus, 15:17-18, (NIV)
- watch carefully over the young man; he can protect himself from all other foes, but it is for you to protect him against himself. Never leave him night or day, or at least share his room; never let him go to bed till he is sleepy, and let him rise as soon as he wakes. Distrust instinct as soon as you cease to rely altogether upon it. Instinct was good while he acted under its guidance only; now that he is in the midst of human institutions, instinct is not to be trusted; it must not be destroyed, it must be controlled, which is perhaps a more difficult matter. It would be a dangerous matter if instinct taught your pupil to abuse his senses; if once he acquires this dangerous habit he is ruined. From that time forward, body and soul will be enervated; he will carry to the grave the sad effects of this habit, the most fatal habit which a young man can acquire. If you cannot attain to the mastery of your passions, dear Emile, I pity you; but I shall not hesitate for a moment, I will not permit the purposes of nature to be evaded. If you must be a slave, I prefer to surrender you to a tyrant from whom I may deliver you; whatever happens, I can free you more easily from the slavery of women than from yourself.
- I didn't get to masturbate this morning, and I've been dying to, so I've gotta go.
- I have touched filth.
- Only with the finger tip I touched it,
- inquisitive of the taste of it.
- But it creeps.
- It has spread over my body a slime,
- and into my soul a stupor.
- Masturbation: the primary sexual activity of mankind. In the nineteenth century it was a disease; in the twentieth, it's a cure.
- Thomas Szasz, (1974) . "Sex". The Second Sin. London: Routledge & Kegan Paul Ltd. p. 10.
- “Homer, in the second book of the Iliad says with fine enthusiasm, "Give me masturbation or give me death." Caesar, in his Commentaries, says, "To the lonely it is company; to the forsaken it is a friend; to the aged and to the impotent it is a benefactor. They that are penniless are yet rich, in that they still have this majestic diversion." In another place this experienced observer has said, "There are times when I prefer it to sodomy." Robinson Crusoe says, "I cannot describe what I owe to this gentle art." Queen Elizabeth said, "It is the bulwark of virginity." Cetewayo, the Zulu hero, remarked, "A jerk in the hand is worth two in the bush." The immortal Franklin has said, "Masturbation is the best policy." Michelangelo and all of the other old masters--"old masters," I will remark, is an abbreviation, a contraction--have used similar language. Michelangelo said to Pope Julius II, "Self-negation is noble, self-culture beneficent, self-possession is manly, but to the truly great and inspiring soul they are poor and tame compared with self-abuse." Mr. Brown, here, in one of his latest and most graceful poems, refers to it in an eloquent line which is destined to live to the end of time--"None knows it but to love it; none name it but to praise.”
- This is a strange -- and rather alarming -- realisation. For it clearly implies that masturbation is one of our highest faculties that human beings have developed. Many animals masturbate -- but never without the presence of another animal, or some similar stimulus. A human being can masturbate in an empty room: a triumph of pure imagination.
- Colin Wilson in The Misfits , p. 90.
- Encyclopedic article on Masturbation at Wikipedia