JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (ジョジョの奇妙な冒険, JoJo no Kimyō na Bōken) is an ongoing manga series created by Araki Hirohiko. It has been adapted into an OVA, three anime seasons, and several video games. It has also spawned light novels, most notably including Rohan at the Louvre and Kishibe Rohan Meets Gucci. Running since 1986, it is currently on its 8th part, JoJolion.
The anime currently has three seasons, covering the first four parts of the manga. The latest season, covering Diamond is Unbreakable, began airing on April 1st, 2016.
Part I, Phantom Blood
- Dario: I've not long left... in this world... I know that... I'll be dead soon...
- Dio: ...
- Dario: You're my only concern once I pass on... Listen, Dio. Cough! You're to mail this letter and head to the place it's addressed to! This man owes me a favor... I'm sure he will look after you and send you to school!
- Dario: He owes me one, heh heh heh!
- [After Jonathan is beaten up by Erina's bullies, and Erina attempts to help him up.]
- Jonathan: Pant pant... Leave me alone! [Slaps Erina's hand away] Get out of here! I didn't go after them in order to get thanked by you!
- Erina: !
- Jonathan: I want to be a true gentlemanǃ You were a woman in troubleǃ There are times when a gentleman has to be courageous and fight, even when his opponent is bigger than he is and he knows he's going to loseǃ But one day, I'll be able to beat themǃ
- Dioː JoJo... humans are limited in what they can do, right? If I've learned anything in this short life... It's that the more you plan, the easier it is for those plans to crumble from some unforeseen circumstanceǃ Unless you surpass 'being human'...
- Jonathan: What?ǃ What are you talking about?ǃ
- Dio: I reject my humanity, JoJo! [Brandishes the Stone Mask]
- Jonathan: C-Could it be? Could Dio literally be sucking the life out of them?ǃ Is he no longer human? W-what is he then?ǃ
- Speedwagon: UWHOOAH?ǃ
- Jonathan: Even Speedwagon is afraid! 
- [During the fight between Dio and Jonathan in the burning mansion, while Jonathan is clinging to Dio.]
- Dio: GOODBYE, JOJO!
- [Dio kicks Jonathan away; Jonathan screams as he begins to fall into the flames.]
- [When Dio first encounters Zeppeli, Speedwagon, and Jonathan in Windknights Lot.]
- Zeppeli: Bastard... how many people did you kill to heal those wounds?!
- Dio: Do you remember how many breads you have eaten in your life?
- Zeppeli: !!
- [During the fight with the Dark Knight Bruford]
- Bruford: This is itǃǃ Young one-- I shall slice off your head and savor the blood that spurts outǃ
- Jonathan: ...
- Speedwagon: MISTER JOESTAAAARǃǃ
- Zeppeli: What?!
- [Bruford swings his sword at Jonathan.]
- Jonathan: Right hereeeeeǃǃ TAKE THISǃǃ HWAAAHHǃ
- [Jonathan stops Bruford's sword with his foot.]
- Jonathan: Overdrive through metalǃ METAL SILVER OVERDRIVEǃǃ 
[After Bruford is defeated by Jonathan.]
- Bruford: I have now reached a bizarre peace. I no longer resent this world... I was able to meet a wonderful, kind man like you in the last moments of my final hours... I shall now journey off to meet my queen... Friend of a world 300 years in the future from mine. Let me hear your name.
- Jonathan: Jonathan Joestar.
- Bruford: Jonathan... I shall dedicate the word engraved on this sword of mine to you! LUCK! And take this with you as you face what lies ahead!
[Bruford uses his blood to add a 'P' to the beginning of the word 'luck' engraved onto his sword.]
- Bruford: PLUCK! 
- Dio: JoJo... if it wasn't for you, I never would have received the power of the Stone Mask... But at the same time, it is you who has kept me from taking the world for my own! We are one in the same in this world of ours... Thus... I must take the body of the only person in this world I respect, make it my own, and live out eternity with it! That is my destiny! I shall cause you no pain! That is my final gesture to you, my rival!
- Jonathan: Argh.. those eyes of his! This isn't good!
- Dio: Live as one with me as my body, JoJo!
- [Dio fires two beams from his eyes, piercing Jonathan's neck.]
- Erina: Jonathan!
- Jonathan: Erina... 
Part II, Battle Tendency
[Joseph punches the fat policeman in the face.]
- Joseph: Give it a rest, you Yankee bastard!!
[Joseph's finger pierces Policeman's nose]
- Fat Policeman: Gyaaaahhh!!! Take it out. Awww! Take it out!!!
- Bearded Policeman: What?! Are you resisting?!
[The bearded policeman points his gun at Joseph.]
- Joseph: Heh, go ahead and shoot! But you better be prepared for the consequences. The moment you pull that trigger, I'm going to break your finger like a matchstick!!
- Smokey: I don't know what's going on, but you said you gave your wallet to me, a thief and a black man- I owe you one. My name is Smokey. Tell me your name.
- Joseph: Joestar. Joseph Joestar. Call me JoJo. I just moved from London with Granny Erina... Nice to meet you.
- [After a taxi driver insults Joseph under his breath.]
- Joseph: I'm sorry, can you repeat what you just said? Depending on what you said, I might have to kick your ass!
[After shooting Straizo.]
- Joseph: Straizo! I've been waiting for you! Not that I expect you to die from that but... I will avenge Speedwagon!!
- [After blasting Straizo with a grenade.]
- Joseph: Look at his legs! They were blasted apart so much that it'll take him time to recover, there's our chance!
- Smokey: So the only way is..
- Joseph: We use our legs too!
- Smokey: Legs?! How do we use our legs?!
- Joseph: We run, Smokey! Get your ass moving!
[Joseph begins to flee.]
- Smokey: Aw, what's with this guy?!
- Joseph: Cough cough cough. Over here, look... right here. I'd appreciate it if you guys would notice that I'm here.
- The Pillar Men: .....
Part III, Stardust Crusaders
[Jotaro is in prison, refusing to leave his jail cell despite the fact that he's been released.]
- Jotaro: What.. Mom, is that you? Tch! Go away.. I'll be staying here for a little while.
- Holly: ...?
- Jotaro: I am possessed by an 'evil spirit'... I have no idea what 'it' could make me do.
[A long rant given to Noriaki Kakyoin.]
- Jotaro: Look, nobody says Jotaro Kujo is a nice guy. I beat the crap out of more people than I have to. Some are still in the hospital. There’s plenty of teachers that got on my bad side and never came back to class. And, hey, I make it a policy not to pay if I don't like a meal. But even a guy like me can spot evil when he sees it! Evil is the one who uses and looks down upon the weak, especially women! And that's exactly what you've done, isn't it?! You must think that Stand allows you to avoid laws and consequences, aren't you... In that case, I will judge you myself!!
[Spoken in broken English.]
- Rubber Soul: Do you undastaaaaaaaandu?!
[Mocking Rubber Soul.]
- Jotaro: Do you undastandu?
The Emperor and the Hanged Man [2.10 - 2.11]
Justice [2.14 - 2.15]
The Lovers [2.16 - 2.17]
[After the Sun breaks Joseph's pair of binoculars.]
- Joseph: Agh! Son of a bitch!
[Said in broken English.]
Death 13 [2.19 - 2.20]
Judgement [2.21 - 2.22]
[While Polnareff is battling the fake versions of his sister and Avdol, the real Avdol appears- Polnareff believes the real Avdol had died.]
- Polnareff: MOHAMMED AVDOL!
- Avdol: Tsk tsk!
[Avdol waggles his index finger, before striking a pose.]
- Avdol: Yes, I am!!
The High Priestess [2.23 - 2.24]
Iggy the Fool and Geb's N'Doul [2.25 - 2.26]
Anubis [2.28 - 2.29]
Bastet's Mariah [2.30 - 2.31]
Set's Alessi [2.32 - 2.33]
D'Arby the Gambler [2.34 - 2.35]
Hol Horse and Boingo [2.36 - 2.37]
- Hol Horse: Listen, Boingo... I am the nicest man in the world. I have girlfriends everywhere. I might lie to a woman, but I'll never hit them!!! It doesn't matter how ugly they are!!! Because I respect women!!!
The Guardian of Hell, Pet Shop [2.38 - 2.39]
D'Arby the Player [2.40 - 2.41]
The Miasma of the Void, Vanilla Ice [2.42 - 2.44]
DIO's World [2.45 - 2.47]
Part IV, Diamond is Unbreakable
- Josuke: Seriously? There are other Stand users besides us at this school?
- Tamami: Yeah. He's Toshikazu Hazamada, a student in 3-C. This Hazamada guy apparently got into an argument over something silly with a friend right around the start of spring. One of them had insulted the other's favorite idol or anime or something. That night, surprisingly, the friend he got into an argument with gouged out his own eye with a mechanical pencil. Isn't that insane?
- Tamami: Apparently Hazamada's friend said this at the hospital: "Next thing I knew, I was staring with at my left eye, which I'd gouged out, with my right eye.
- Koichi: There's something scary going on in my town. If Morioh City is in danger, that means my parents, my sister, and everyone else important to me will have to face that danger. So even if it's scary, I gotta do something!
- [A high school girl, mistaking Surface's imitation for the real Josuke, hands it a love letter.]
- Hazamada: Why the hell did you accept that? Rip this stupid thing up!
- [Hazamada rips up the letter.]
- Hazamada: Damn it... What the hell is the difference between you and me?
- Surface: Why does that even matter?
- Hazamada: Wha...
- Surface: You don't have time to waste, do you?
- Hazamada: Who the hell do you think you're talking to?!
- [Hazamada punches Surface in the face, with a dull thunk. He ends up with a wound on his hand.]
- Hazamada: Ow!
- Surface: You scraped your hand? That was dumb. I'm made of wood, remember?
- [Hazamada attacks his Stand once more.]
- Hazamada: Shut up! Get away from me!
- [Hazamada, thinking back on other times he used his Stand to replicate other people.]
- Hazamada: The other day, I had it copy my crush, Junko, so I could have my way with her, but I got pissed off because it kept doing things to piss me off, so I never even got anywhere. Doesn't anyone in this world have a decent personality? Damn it!
Yukako Yamagishi Is In Love [3.8 - 3.9]
- Hazamada: Stand users, for some reason, seem to be unknowingly drawn to each other, 
- Koichi: Wh... What should I do... To make Yukako think that I'm bad for her?
- Josuke: Well, guys usually dislike... "momma's boys". Or, you know, guys with bad hygiene.
- Koichi: D-definitely not that momma's-boy thing! She might do something to my mom, and put her in danger!
- Okuyasu: Then we gotta go for the bad hygiene thing! If you go all out with this, she'll start to hate you for sure!
- All right, Koichi! Starting today, don't take baths! And don't brush your teeth, and wear the same underwear every day! And... breed lice and fleas in your hair!
- Koichi: D... Don't fool around! I'm serious here!
- Okuyasu: I'm completely serious too!
- Yukako: Koichi, you... don't seem to be very well-liked by your friends. But don't worry... I'm here with you...! From now on, I'll stay by your side and make you into a "real man"! That's why I'm here to take you away!
- Koichi: B... yeah?
- Yukako: AHHH! Correct! I'm glad! See, you do know this! And here it is, your boiled egg! Here, I'll take the shell off for you... Do you want some salt with it?
- Koichi: (Phew... she seems to be in a good mood now! Now if only she'll let her guard down so I can leave...)
- Yukako: By the way, if you had chosen 'A', I would have made you eat this eraser!
- Koichi: HUH?!
- Yukako: Box C had a bar of soap.
Red Hot Chili Pepper [3.11 - 3.12]
Let's Go 'Hunting'!
Rohan Kishibe's Adventure
Yoshikage Kira Wants a Quiet Life
Yukako Yamagishi's Vision of Cinderella
Sheer Heart Attack
- Koichi: Now I'm really getting pissed off... Shouldn't this be the other way around? Why was I running around and being all "God help me" just because of some serial killer? I don't get it... Why should I be running in fear like somebody with diarrhea looking for a toilet? When... THAT FUCKING SERIAL KILLER! HE SHOULD BE THE ONE RUNNING FROM ME!
[During the fight between Kira and Koichi, after Kira proceeds to punch and kick the highschooler in the face, before beating his head against the concrete several times.]
- Koichi: Your name is Kira Yoshikage, right?
- Kira: !!
- Koichi: It's Kira Yoshikage. That's... your full... name...
- Kira: ........................................
[Kira slams Koichi's face into the pavement, once again.]
- Kira: My driver's license. When did you steal my wallet? You fucking brat!
- Koichi: You said you had to pay extra at the cafe..... You took out your ID and put it in the wrong pocket.....
- Kira: ......................................... So what? What are you doing to do now that you have my name? I'm still going to erase you.
- Koichi: Yeah, yeah, whatever. You're going to kill me. Good for you. But..... I found out your name. That makes you pretty careless. You might get away for now, but will you be able to live with the fact that some fucking brat got your name so easily? Let me say that again... some fucking brat...... got your name.
- Kira: .......................................
- Koichi: You're totally exposed! I'll be waiting for you in Hell!
[Kira's Stand, Killer Queen, punches a hole directly through Koichi's abdomen, incapacitating him.]
- Kira: Why does it feel like I lost to this little shit?
Atom Heart Father
Yoshikage Kira's New Face
Janken Boy is Coming!
I Am An Alien
- [After Okuyasu and Josuke find Mikitaka passed out in the middle of a crop circle, and Mikitaka finally wakes up.]
- Mikitaka: So, this is Earth?
- Okuyasu & Josuke: .................
- Mikitaka: Last night I was taking a walk when suddenly I fell ill...
- [Mikitaka checks his watch.]
- Mikitaka: It seems I lost consciousness. That would have been... about 13 Earth hours ago.
- Okuyasu & Josuke: ..............................
- Okuyasu & Josuke: AHH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!
- [The two teenagers begin rolling on the ground in laughter.]
- Okuyasu: Hahahahaha! This bastard... He's just pulling our legs... hahaha! And in a crop circle too...
- Josuke: Damn, I wish I'd thought of this prank! Hahaha!
- [After Mikitaka proclaims to Josuke and Okuyasu that he is, in fact, an alien.]
- Okuyasu: Ahahahaha...
- Josuke: Dude, it's cool. You can drop the act now. Keep going and you'll ruin it. Here, have some tissues.
- [Josuke holds out a pack of tissues to Mikitaka. Mikitaka looks at them for a moment, before picking them up and eating them.]
- Mikitaka: Thank you. It was quite delicious.
- Josuke and Okuyasu: ..................
- [Josuke and Okuyasu discover that the ice cream shop they normally go to is closed.]
- Mikitaka: Would you like some ice cream?
- Okuyasu: It's that guy...
- Mikitaka: Well? Would you like some?
- Okuyasu: Well, yeah. But they're closed. It can't be helped.
- Mikitaka: Oh no! Helped is something it most certainly can be! I happen to have some with me...
- [Okuyasu and Josuke stare as Mikitaka retrieves two cold ice cream cones from his bag.]
- Mikitaka: This is to thank you for the tissues. A token of gratitude, if you will.
- Mikitaka: Earth seems like a very nice place. I like it.
- Mikitaka: My name is Nu Mikitakazzo N'shi. I have lived 216 of your Earth years. I am employed as an intergalactic pilot. My hobbies include caring for animals.
[When Rohan was subjected to Highway Star's Stand powers.]
- Rohan: But I refuse!
- Highway Star: What!?
- Rohan: One of the things that I, Kishibe Rohan, love to do, is to say "NO!" to people who think they're hot shit!
The Cat That Likes Yoshikage Kira
The Man on the Tower
My Dad Is Not My Dad!
Another One Bites the Dust
The Invincible Crazy D
Part V, Vento Aureo
Meet the Gangster Beyond the Wall
Mystery of Soft Machine
Moody Blues' Retaliation
Sex Pistols Arrives
Man in the Mirror and Purple Haze
The Express Train Heading Towards Florence
The Grateful Dead
The Mystery of King Crimson
Clash and Talking Head
My Name is Doppio
King Crimson vs. Metallica
Pronto! On the Line
"Green Day" and "Oasis"
They Called Him Diavolo
The Requiem Plays Quietly
Gold E Requiem
Part VI, Stone Ocean
Prisoner FE40536: Jolyne Cujoh
There's Six of Them!
The Collector, Marilyn Manson
- [Foo Fighters, Hermes, and Jolyne are playing catch.]
- F.F.: I'm gonna throw it!
- Jolyne: Ah! You look like a queer! You've never actually thrown a ball before, have you?
- Hermes: HAH! Easy to tell, too! You probably only know what a ball is from that chick's memories!
- [After Hermes loses the bet against Miraschon.]
- Marilyn Manson: If I sell this liver to the black market, it will cover the rest of the debt... 590 dollars! This is what you., Hermes, have just contemplated. I found out where to find the money you owe me from your thought, so that I can obtain it. Hermes here has just broken the rules that you established, and therefore has lost the bet. No one can attack me... Hermes has acknowledged in her heart that she is in debt. I am just here to collect that debt. This is my ability.
Savage Garden Strategy
Flash Flood Warning
Kiss of Love & Revenge
The Secret of Guard Westwood
Burn Dragon's Dream
Birth of the "Green"
Here Comes Yo-Yo Ma!
F.F. - The Witness
Whitesnake - The Pursuer
Jail House Lock!
- [While Jolyne and Hermes are attempting to escape the snail-infested hospital..]
- Jolyne: An organism that can have sex with anything it encounters... I'm kinda jealous. I mean... No, no! It's just gross!
- Weather Report: I see... Guess it could be useful for fixing joint and back pains... becoming a snail, that is. But if you don't want it to happen to you, Anasui... You shouldn't touch those snails... or the rainbows, either.
- Anasui: Is this your fault, Weather?! What the fuck are you doing?!
- [Pucci begins to emerge from under a large pile of snails.]
- Pucci: I already know all about it. This phenomenon, turning anything, man or beast, into snails... As long as I know the reason for it...
- Anasui: Huh?
- Pucci: I have nothing to fear!!
- [Pucci stands up, his Stand, Whitesnake, emerging with him.]
- Pucci: When I took your memory from you, back in 1988.. I managed to find out the way I can overcome this phenomenon!
- Weather Report: B... Bastard!
- Anasui: N...No way...! He was hiding under that mass of snails! You! Pucci!!!
- [Anasui moves to attack Pucci, who holds his hand up with the sun shining behind him. The snails begin to move, launching themselves off of the car towards Anasui.]
- Anasui: (What?! The snails... From the car window?!)
- [Anasui uses his Stand, Diver Down, to try and deflect the onslaught of snails.]
- Pucci: So, you touched it. Then, it's all over for you. You should have stayed out of my business... And away from Jolyne Cujoh. You could have peacefully waited for your sentence to end... Well, I suppose I could leave you... All of you will eventually die as Snails, anyway. Besides me and Weather, of course...
- Pucci: Subliminal effects are all in the mind. But, humans can age faster just by willing themselves to do so... And give themselves ulcers just by being stressed. Once the heart is impacted by this effect, it doesn't matter how hard one struggles to block it out of his mind. You would understand... You're a Stand user, after all. If I were to start filming what's going on right now... The people of this town would only see themselves as snails, rolling in the filth that they created, thinking that that is the truth. This phenomenon will continue as long as Weather is alive... and besides, Weather, you would have eventually noticed that I had taken my own ability to see. That's why I took the time to explain this ability to you.
- Anasui: Listen, Jolyne. People have called me a murderer. The papers called me that, and I can't say I disagree with them. When people asked me if I would sacrifice myself for the sake of my family, I answered 'no'. I'd probably answer that way, even now. My heart was never moved by them. But I know that I'd be willing to risk my life for something that was able to revive me. I used to be dead. Weather was that way, too. Weather came back to life when he left that prison. I can tell. So don't think too deeply about what happened to him. These past few days, Weather was happy. Weather was already saved.
The New Moon's Gravity
- Pucci: Our Lord Jesus Christ was fated to be put on the cross. Our holy mother Mary was fated to lose her son. In order for humans to attain 'happiness', they have to overcome 'destiny'... And for Dio and I, the thing we must overcome is the Joestar bloodline!
- Jotaro: Did he dodge the spear...?! But how..?
- Jolyne: He's not just trying to get away... It can't be... Did he find out something that we shouldn't have let him know find out...?! The way to complete his ability...
- Pucci: You were the ones who have been pushing me. Ever since you were in prison, you have been aiding me. Our Father, who art in Heaven, guide me... Watch over me. so I may not walk the wrong path... I will give myself to your will. I can feel it!
- [A shining light begins to emanate from Pucci and his Stand.]
- Pucci: I can sense the position! When Jotaro threw the spear, I felt it... his actions directed me the right way! The ones who were pushing me to 'Heaven' were the Joestars!
Made In Heaven
- [While fleeing from Pucci.]
- Anasui: Over here, Mr. Jotaro. Get up on the roof... Also... I'm determined to protect your daughter, with my life. We're already involved in something we can't back out of... But I'm going to make sure that we come out of this alive... So please, give me permission to marry your daughter.
- [Anasui and Jotaro now perch on the roof of one of the Kennedy Space Center's buildings. Emporio, Hermes, and Jolyne are behind them, facing away from the duo.]
- Jotaro: You... what did you just say?
- Anasui: What I mean, Mr. Jotaro, is that... I want your permission, here and now. To marry your daughter...
- Jotaro: You...
- Anasui: I know this isn't the time, but... All you have to do is give me permission. If you say 'yes'... those words could save me. I... You know, I didn't expect to just immediately be able to marry Jolyne... It's true that I'm a murderer, I don't deny it, and I also know.. that Jolyne won't fall in love with me just like that. But... Jolyne's strong will and pure heart, that she inherited from you, her father, is the light that shines on the darkness of my heart, which could collapse at any moment!
- [Anasui brings his face close to Jotaro's.]
- Anasui: She's what I need, right now...! You don't have to say much... just that you'll let me. I want you to let me reveal my heart! I need you to let me marry her once we get out of here alive!
- Jotaro: I don't understand what you're talking about. Are you insane? Babbling, in this situation...
- Anasui: ............
- Pucci: In the name of God, I will destroy you! Your actions, Emporio... You're just... Making it so your screams become the trumpets of Hell! Even if you insert Weather's Stand disc, Weather's ability is his own talent!
- [The clock on the wall begins to speed up, ticking so fast that the arrows begin to blur. The flowers next to it rapidly wilt, the dried and decaying petals falling onto Emporio's mortified face.]
- Pucci: And! I've accelerated time again! In front of my honorable ambitions...
- [Made In Heaven begins to attack Emporio with a flurry of punches.]
- Pucci: Realize your insignificance as you crumble away!
- [In the remade universe, after a woman and man resembling Jolyne and Anasui come across a stranded Emporio, who remains from the original universe.]
- Irene: What's your name? Come on, get in! I'm not going to take your money. You're trembling, are you cold?
- [Emporio notices the birthmark on Irene's shoulder, and realizes that she's this universe's version of Jolyne.]
- Irene: Here.
- [Irene wraps her sweater around Emporio's shoulders. Emporio tears up, and begins to cry.]
- Emporio: I'm Emporio...
- Irene: Hm?
- Emporio: Emporio. My name... my name is Emporio.
Part VII, Steel Ball Run
Steel Ball Run is the seventh part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, serialized in Weekly Shōnen Jump in 2004 and in Ultra Jump between 2005 and 2011. Set in the U.S. in 1890, the story follows Johnny Joestar, a paraplegic ex-jockey, and Gyro Zeppeli, master of a mystic art named the "Spin", as they compete with a vast number of others in the Steel Ball Run race: A mad-dash across America for a grand prize of 50 million dollars.
Steel Ball Run takes place in a new universe, entirely separate from those seen in Parts I - VI.
- Mountain Tim: What's this fury I'm feeling all of a sudden? So such a thing was present during the race... Don't worry, feel at ease... I can't possibly win the race now. In this race, I have many friends who are also participating. But up until now, I've never seen anything like this before... such a killing method! However, I have heard a legend about similar deaths... There's an old Indian legend that tells about a spot where a shooting star fell somewhere in the Arizona desert. There lies tainted soil. It is said that anything that touches the spot, will suddenly be able to pull out a mysterious power from its own. At the same time, though, evil spirits will call out a curse upon them. None of the natives of the land will dare step foot there. One day, a white man looking for emerald ore stepped into the spot and started to walk home. It is said that afterwards, he began to kill others in a similar fashion. And afterwards, as if possibly realizing his own sinfulness, he shot himself.
The Desert Born Outlaws
The Devil's Palm
Gyro Zeppeli's Mission
The Terrorist from a Faraway Country
- Gyro: Have you ever seen an opera show? An opera...
- Johnny: Opera? Those music plays? Where they start singing out situations when they could just say their lines? ...Nope, never seen one. Why do you ask?
- Gyro: Just a simple question.
- [Gyro holds up his pair of binoculars.]
- Gyro: They call these opera glasses because you use them for watching an opera. But the people singing on stage have huge bodies that weigh like 120 or 150 kilograms or more.
- Johnny: Yeah... that's why they can sing like that I guess.
- Gyro: But why look at them with opera glasses? You don't need to, cause they're already so big.
- [Johnny grins, and soon Gyro follows suit. Gyro holds up the binoculars, looking out over the desert through them.]
- Gyro: Maybe you're supposed to zoom into the buttons on their fancy clothes, and watch them as they're about to fly off...?
- Johnny: Now that you mention it... but dude! Since they all have the same body type, maybe you can't tell the difference unless you zoom in?!
- Gyro: Nyohohahohahaha!! Not bad, Johnny!!
- Diego: There's a small villiage up ahead... let's stay there. Camping out is a bad idea. There are beasts out in this area. The other day after sundown, I got surrounded by beasts. A few cougars and a few rattlesnakes. The cougars and snakes were on two sides of the road, blocking my way out. I was thinking of how to escape... but then, for some reason, I was able to pass through on one side of the road. I was able to get by one of the two groups easily. Which side do you think it was? The cougars? Or the snakes?
- Gyro and Johnny: ........
- Diego: The answer is the rattle snakes! Because they were... assssssssssleep... and sssssssssnoring on the road!
- Gyro: Huh?
- Johnny: ...........................
- Diego: Hey, come on, it's a joke! Only a joke! What did you think? Then maybe they woke up and started ssssssssssslapping each other.... in their facessssssss! Get it?
- Johnny: .....
- [While Johnny and Gyro are first being attacked by Diego in dinosaur form.]
- Gyro: He's getting up! My steel balls won't hit him! We gotta run! Hurry and get outside, Johnny!
- [Gyro slams the door shut, but Diego's claws fit through the space between the door and the wall. Gyro and Johnny slam it back shut.]
- Johnny: What is this!? This Stand ability!! What kind of ability is it?
- Gyro: It's a dinosaur, Johnny! It looks like Dio's body has fused with a dinosaur's ability!
- Johnny: Dino-sore? What's a dinosore?
- Gyro: You don't know?
- [After absorbing one of the Corpse's eyes, a half-transformed Diego looks back at Johnny and Gyro. A mechanical-looking figure that slightly resembles one of Gyro's steel balls can be seen in the distance for a few panels.]
- Johnny: What's going on!? What does that mean!? Dio's dinosaur transformation hasn't gone away! Dio was under the control of Ferdinand!! We have to chase him or he'll take away that eye!
- Gyro: Stop, Johnny... It's over now, calm down. We can't chase him here. Dio got us at the very end... or maybe we should say he got the eye and its power brought back the dinosaur transformation that had disappeared as his talent. Half to my steel ball... half to Dio's Stand ability is what it seems.
- Johnny: The ability of the dinosaur... Dio Brando may not have been a terrorist... but if he has one of the eyes, he'll want the other! At this point he's found out about the Corpse...... I can't believe he took half... He doesn't just desire victory! He longs for authority and eliteness!
- [After a suspenseful battle of Johnny, Gyro, and Diego racing neck to neck, Johnny crosses the goal line first, followed by Diego and then Gyro.]
- Announcer: At this point, the 4th stage has already begun! Johnny Joestar is the one who conquered the deadheat battle just now, but an hour ago, Hot Pants had already passed through the finish line to take 1st place!
- [The stage's scoreboard is shown, with Hot Pants' name at the time. Hot Pants had indeed finished an hour before the others, placing Hot Pants in first.]
- Gyro: What the...?
A Man's World
- Hot Pants: I've lost nearly an hour here. No matter which path I take, I come back to this spot! The plums grown here in this orchard contain a lot of iron... That could be the reason why my compass doesn't seem to be pointing in the right direction.
- Johnny: Hot Pants, don't come any closer! We're thinking that you could be tricking us!!
- Hot Pants: This is the fourth time I've come back here. Look at my tracks!! They pass through four times, don't they? Why...? I'm the one who wants to know.
- Gyro: So what's that to us!? Get lost already!! We're never ever gonna trust you anyways, got that!?
- Hot Pants: Then I'll be the one to trust in you. You two aren't bad people. If you were, I'd have already killed you... how's that?
- Gyro: Tell him to go eat shit, Johnny.
- Johnny: Tell him yourself.
- Gyro: EAT SHIT, ASSHOLE! FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!
- Hot Pants: Aren't we looking for the same path?
The Green Tomb
Catch the Rainbow (On a Stormy Night...)
The Land of Promises: Sugar Mountain
Both Sides Now
Ticket to Ride
Break My Heart, Break Your Heart
The World of the Stars and Stripes
JoJolion is the award-winning eighth part of JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, published in Ultra Jump from May 2011. The story begins in 2011 and follows Josuke Higashikata (not to be confused with Part IV's protagonist), a young man afflicted by retrograde amnesia, on his search to uncover his identity in Morioh Town, a coastal Japanese town affected by the Tohoku earthquake.
JoJolion is the second part of the series set in the "Steel Ball Run Universe".
Soft & Wet
California King Bed
- [During the fight between Josuke and Daiya Higashikata. Josuke had hidden Daiya's phone in the refrigerator before telling her about it.]
- Daiya: ...That's it. You've really done it now... You got Yasuho involved in this... the one thing you shouldn't have done...
- [Daiya raises up two chess pieces containing Josuke's memories, prepared to smash them.]
- Daiya: DISAPPEAR!
- Josuke: No, wait. You're stepping.
- [Daiya pauses.]
- Josuke: My shadow... you're stepping on my shadow, aren't you? The refrigerator's been open for a while now...
"Paisley Park" and "Born This Way"
Paper Moon Deception
Norisuke Higashikata, Tsurugi Higashikata, and Yotsuyu Yagiyama
"I Am a Rock"
Every Day Is a Summer Vacation
The Twins Are Coming to Town
Chapters not yet in tankōban format
Tamaki Damo's Traces
Two Years Ago, at Sea.
Rohan at the Louvre
[At the end of the manga, Rohan is reminiscing about earlier events in the chapter.]
- Rohan: Why did she rip up my drawings that day? Who knows what would have happened if, ten years earlier, she hadn't destroyed my drawings. Nizaemon's rancor would have certainly killed me! I'd have ended up cut into pieces in the depths of the Louvre, succumbing to the memory of desire once felt for her. A desire impossible to forget, like every first love. 
[Note: Most dialogue from All Star Battle is taken from the manga; the dialogue contained in this section is only what's exclusive to the game.]
[After Josuke defeats Akira Otoishi.]
- Josuke: I told you to rethink your stupid ideas, but your ideas aren't really the problem. You're just an idiot.
- Okuyasu: Josuke Higashikata, you better get ready to talk to the HAND!
- Jolyne: How deep can I hit? Balls deep!
Victory Quotes and Taunts
- Hermes: Come at me, bro!
- Joseph: Damn meased to pleet ya!
- Okuyasu: I'll take anything you got! Unless it's the clap.
[Caesar Zeppeli vs. William Zeppeli.]
- Caesar: To pretend to have the Zeppeli name… I won’t forgive you!
- Zeppeli (victory): I feel like I practiced with a son or a close friend...
- Dio Brando, vs. Jonathan: The sun has set………..and with it, your life!
[Dio Brando vs. DIO.]
- DIO: I suppose it could be interesting to test my stand on my past self…
- Dio Brando: A 'Stand' you say… Interesting… let’s test it out!
- Dio Brando (victory): Stand, huh… I was a little surprised but after actually fighting it, it’s no problem at all!
- DIO (victory): Vampiric Freeze... a nostalgic move...
[Joseph vs. Kars]
- Joseph: I’ve never, Kars! Never have I hated someone from the bottom of my heart!
- Kars: You scum… Don’t be so enraged… 
- Joseph, vs. Lisa Lisa (victory): Why did it have to come to this? You're tearing me APART, Lisa Lisa!
[Joseph vs. Wamuu]
- Joseph: Here, over here! I don’t want you to not notice me standing riiight here~
- Wamuu: Stop. A human’s life is short anyways. Don’t rush to your death.
[Kakyoin mirror match.]
- Kakyoin (1): My name is Noriaki Kakyoin.
- Kakyoin (2): No need to say it twice.
[Various characters' reactions to Josuke Higashikata's hairstyle.]
- Hol Horse: I can lend you a hat if you wanna cover that disaster up!
- DIO: Your hair's like a pile of cow dung by the side of the road.
- Josuke: Hey, great haircut... NOT.
- Jolyne: I've seen drag queens with better hair!
- Funny Valentine: The first thing I'm going to do in office is outlaw that ridiculous hairstyle!
- There's no need to share my prideful name with a zombie!
- My shivering heartǃ This burning heatǃ GRAAHHǃ Cut finely, beat of my bloodǃ SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVEǃǃ 
Will A. Zeppeli
- Hey baby!!:[Spoken in English, even in the original Japanese releases.]
- I reject my humanity!
- MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!
- [lit. meaning "useless" or "waste".]
- [To Erina] The one who stole your first kiss wasn't JoJo... it was me, Dio!!
- ZA WARUDO!
- [A romanization of DIO's Stand name, The World.]
- Happy urepii- yoropiku ne!
- Next you're gonna say...
- [Joseph often predicts what others will say next, particularly during Battle Tendency.]
- OH MY GOD! / OH NO!!! / HOLY SHIT!!
- [These are spoken in English, even in the original Japanese releases.]
- OH NO! The two phrases I hate the most are “hard work” and “work hard!”
Jotaro Kujo (空条 承太郎, Kūjō Jōtarō)
- ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!
- Yare yare daze...
- [lit. 'Give me a break' or 'Good grief'.]
Josuke Higashikata (東方 仗助, Higashikata Jōsuke) (Part IV)
- Let me punch this "spaghetti" and reduce it to its original parts!
- [This was during their meal at Tonio's, after Josuke began to suspect that something about the food Okuyasu is eating is off.]
Okuyasu Nijimura (虹村 億泰, Nijimura Okuyasu)
- I feel you! I feel you deeply! Your feeling I can feel deeply.
Koichi Hirose (広瀬 康一, Hirose Kōichi)
- You've made me go through such a thing! It's too late. That's why I'm telling you I hate you.
Rohan Kishibe (岸辺 露伴, Kishibe Rohan)
Yoshikage Kira (吉良 吉影, Kira Yoshikage)
- What a Beautiful Duwang! Chew. There must be no other place as pretty as this town. This feels like a picnic.
- [When Kira was having a 'picnic' with his 'girlfriend'; A (mis)translation of one of Kira's lines from the infamous "Duwang" fan translation.]
- MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA MUDA!
Jolyne Cujoh (空条 徐倫, Kūjō Jorīn)
- ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA!!!
- Yare yare dawa.
- [lit. 'Give me a break' or 'Good grief'.]
- The kind of evil that doesn't realize that it's evil... is the worst kind there is...
- '[lit. 'Tada' in Japanese.]
- Jonathan Joestar
- Kazuyuki Okitsu (Anime/All Star Battle/Eyes of Heaven)
- Kazuya Nakai (Phantom Blood PS2 game (Young))
- Hideyuki Tanaka (Phantom Blood PS2 game)
- Katsuyuki Konishi (Phantom Blood movie)
- Jūrōta Kosugi (Stardust Crusaders OVA)
- Johnny Yong Bosch (Anime English dub)
- Dio Brando/DIO
- Kenji Nojima (Phantom Blood movie (Young))
- Hikaru Midorikawa (Phantom Blood movie and PS2 game)
- Isshin Chiba (Heritage For the Future)
- Tanaka Nobuo (Stardust Crusaders OVA)
- Norio Wakamoto (Drama CD)
- Takehito Koyasu (Anime/All Star Battle/Eyes of Heaven)
- Andrew Chaikin (Stardust Crusaders OVA English dub)
- Marco Balzarotti (Stardust Crusaders OVA Italian dub)
- Patrick Seitz (Anime English dub)
- Will A. Zeppeli
- Rikiya Koyama (Phantom Blood movie/PS2 game)
- Yoku Shioya (Anime/All Star Battle/Eyes of Heaven)
- Joe Ochman (Anime English dub)
- Robert E.O. Speedwagon
- Masaya Onosaka (Phantom Blood PS2 Game)
- Yōji Ueda (Anime/All Star Battle/Eyes of Heaven)
- Keith Silverstein (Anime English dub)
- Joseph Joestar
- Tomokazu Sugita (Anime (Young), All Star Battle, Eyes of Heaven (Young))
- Unshō Ishizuka (Anime (Old), Eyes of Heaven (Old))
- Chikao Ōtsuka (Stardust Crusaders OVA)
- Tōru Ōkawa (Heritage for the Future (Old))
- Hōchū Ōtsuka (Heritage for the Future (Young))
- Kenji Utsumi (Drama CD 1 & 3)
- Gorō Naya (Drama CD 2)
- Ben Diskin (Anime English dub (Young))
- Richard Epcar (Anime English dub (Old))
- Michael Bennett (Stardust Crusaders OVA English dub)
- François Siener (Stardust Crusaders OVA French dub)
- Enrico Bertorelli (Stardust Crusaders OVA Italian dub)
- Caesar A. Zeppeli
- Lisa Lisa
- Jotaro Kujo
- Noriaki Kakyoin
- Jean Pierre Polnareff
- Mohammed Avdol
- Hol Horse
- Vanilla Ice
- Josuke Higashikata (東方 仗助, Higashikata Jōsuke) (Part IV)
- Yūki Ono (Anime)
- Okuyasu Nijimura (虹村 億泰, Nijimura Okuyasu)
- Wataru Takagi (Anime)
- Koichi Hirose (広瀬 康一, Hirose Kōichi)
- Yūki Kaji (Anime)
- Rohan Kishibe (岸辺 露伴, Kishibe Rohan)
- Takahiro Sakurai (Anime)
- Yoshikage Kira (吉良 吉影, Kira Yoshikage)
- Ryohei Higashikata
- Katsuhisa Hōki (Anime)
- Anjuro "Angelo" Katagiri
- Kenji Hamada (Anime)
- Keicho Nijimura
- Tomoyuki Shimura (Anime)
- Akira Otoishi
- Showtaro Morikubo (Anime)
- Tamami Kobayashi
- Satoshi Tsuruoka (Anime)
- Toshikazu Hazamada
- Hiroki Shimowada (Anime)
- Giorno Giovanna
- Bruno Buccellati
- Pannacotta Fugo
- Narancia Ghirga
- Guido Mista
- Leone Abbacchio
- Vinegar Doppio
- Jolyne Cujoh
- Narciso Annasui
- Weather Report
- Hermes Costello
- Enrico Pucci
- Johnny Joestar
- Gyro Zeppeli
- Funny Valentine
- Diego Brando
- Josuke Higashikata (VIII)
- Joshuu Higashikata
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012-) on IMDB
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure on Know Your Meme
- Official website
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure at Viz Media
- . JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable Episode 1 – Jotaro Kujo! Meets Josuke Higashikata. Retrieved on 9 April, 2016.
- Phantom Blood 01, Youth with Dio Part 2, p. 36
- Phantom Blood 03, Tarkus and the Dark Knight BrufordPart 4, p. 37-38
- Phantom Blood 03, Sleep as a Hero, p. 52-53
- Phantom Blood 03, Fire and Ice, Jonathan and Dio Part 4, p. 296-297
- Episode 7 – Toshikazu Hazamada (Show Off)
- Vol. 32 Ch.296: Yukako Yamagishi Is In Love Part 3
- Vol. 32 Ch.297: Yukako Yamagishi Is In Love Part 4
- Vol. 38 Ch.358: Sheer Heart Attack Part 5
- Vol. 39 Ch.361: Sheer Heart Attack Part 8
- Vol. 40 Ch.378: I Am An Alien! Part 1
- Vol. 40 Ch.378: I Am An Alien! Part 2
- Vol. 78 Ch.724: Heavy Weather Part 6
- Vol. 78 Ch.727: Heavy Weather Part 9
- Vol. 78 Ch.729: Heavy Weather Part 11
- Vol.79 Ch.731: Heavy Weather Part 13
- Vol. 79 Ch. 737: C-Moon Part 3
- Vol. 80 Ch. 742 C-Moon Part 8
- Vol. 80 Ch.744: Made In Heaven Part 2
- Vol. 80 Ch.745: Made In Heaven Part 3
- Vol. 80 Ch.752: What a Wonderful World
- Vol. 83 Ch.765: The Sheriff's Request to Mountain Tim
- Vol. 85 Ch.777: Tusk Part 1
- Vol. 86 Ch.780: Scary Monsters Part 1
- Vol. 86 Ch.781: Scary Monsters Part 2
- Vol. 87 Ch.783: Scary Monsters Part 4
- Vol. 87 Ch.784: Third Stage: Cannon City
- Vol. 87 Ch. 785: A Man's World Part 1
- Vol. 107 Ch. 857: California King Bed Part 3
- Rohan at the Louvre
- All Star Battle English Localization
- . All Star Battle Special Dialogue Translations. Retrieved on 5 January 2016.
- Phantom Blood 03, Tarkus and the Dark Knight Bruford Part 4, p. 40-41
- Vol.79 Ch.730: Heavy Weather Part 12