John Adam Belushi (January 24, 1949 – March 5, 1982) was an American comedian, actor, and musician. He is best known for his "intense energy and raucous attitude" which he displayed as one of the original cast members of the NBC sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live, in his role in the 1978 film Animal House and in his recordings and performances as one of The Blues Brothers.
|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- It's all false pressure; you put the heat on yourself, you get it from the networks and record companies and movie studios. You put more pressure on yourself to make everything that much harder. You say, 'Well, I'll get all screwed up and then it'll be a real challenge again.' So stupid—I've often wondered why people do these things. You're so much happier if you don't, but I guess happiness is not a state you want to be in all the time.
- In: Bob Woodward. Wired: The Short Life and Fast Times of John Belushi. p. 209 ; Form interview in Cosmopolitan, December 1981, according to: Robert Andrews (2003), The New Penguin Dictionary of Modern Quotations. p. 144
- I give so much pleasure to so many people. Why can I not get some pleasure for myself?
- Quoted in: Robert Andrews (2003), The New Penguin Dictionary of Modern Quotations. p. 144
- I owe it all to little chocolate donuts.
- Quoted in: "John Belushi honoured 30 years after death," The Telegraph at www.telegraph.co.uk, 5 March 2012
- I just love cocaine.
- Quoted in: Bill Crawford . Adam Sandler: America's Comedian. 2015. p. 76