Jump to navigation Jump to search
Joseph Wu (吳釗燮; Wú Zhāoxiè; born 31 October 1954) is a politician in Taiwan (Republic of China). He currently serves as the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of China since 26 February 2018.
|This article about a political figure is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Such action (People's Republic of China establishing diplomatic relation with Panama) is not only a blatant threat to the Taiwanese people's right to survive but also a blatant provocation to cross-strait and regional peace and stability. We hereby express our serious condemnation.
- Joseph Wu (2017) cited in "Taiwan denounces China for damaging cross-strait peace" on Focus Taiwan, 13 June 2017.
- I think our nationals won't support us if we have to spend a lot of money to establish ties with one or two new allies.
- Joseph Wu (2018) cited in "Taiwan won't try to form diplomatic ties with new allies: FM" on Focus Taiwan, 8 May 2018.
- I believe that one day, the people of China will become the masters of their own nation, just like their Taiwanese counterparts have done.
- Joseph Wu (2018) cited in "Allies remain a priority: minister" on Taipei Times, 26 May 2018.
- (If) the (mainland) Chinese see the vulnerability of Taiwan, not getting United States support, then they would be thinking about starting scenarios where they would be able to take Taiwan over.
- Joseph Wu (2018) cited in "Taiwan vulnerable to Chinese invasion without US, foreign minister says" on CNN, 23 July 2018.
- We (Taiwan) will keep fighting hard against state-level interference, infiltration, disinformation, military threats, international assaults, wumao (Internet users who are paid to support the Mainland Chinese government's propaganda), GTB (office of wumao) lunatics and African swine fever.
- Joseph Wu (2019) cited in "Minister hits back at Chinese mockery of president" on Taipei Times, 1 February 2019.
- You can't just go and sign an MOU (memorandum of understanding) with one country, and impose rules on another country.
- Joseph Wu (2019) cited in "Nation protests WHO denigration: Wu" on Taipei Times, 5 March 2019.
- The way forward (in Hong Kong) is genuine democratic elections, not violence in the streets and MTR (Mass Transit Railway) stations. The freedom and human rights of the people (of Hong Kong) must be protected.
- Joseph Wu (2019) cited in "Foreign minister urges genuine democratic elections in Hong Kong" on Focus Taiwan, 22 July 2019.
- The government of the Republic of Kiribati officially notified our government on 20 September that it is terminating diplomatic relations with Taiwan.
- Joseph Wu (2019) cited in "Breaking News: Kiribati switches recognition to China, Taiwan loses second Pacific ally in one week" on Taiwan News, 20 September 2019.
- I would like to publicly call upon the World Health Organization to recognize the simple fact that Taiwan is Taiwan and it is not part of the People's Republic of China.
- Joseph Wu (2020) cited in "Virus Fears: Joseph Wu slams WHO for treating Taiwan as PRC" on Taipei Times, 3 February 2020.