World Health Organization
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This organization article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
Quotes from the World Health Organization
- Infectious diseases do not employ multinational public relations firms. There are no front groups to promote the spread of cholera. Mosquitoes have no lobbyists. The evidence presented here suggests that tobacco is a case unto itself, and that reversing its burden on global health will be not only about understanding addiction and curing disease, but, just as importantly, about overcoming a determined and powerful industry.
- Tobacco Company Strategies to Undermine Tobacco Control Activities at the World Health Organization, report of the Committee of Experts on Tobacco Industry Documents, July 2000, page 20.
- Cited by Deborah Arnott, "The killer's lobbyists ", The Guardian, 15 May 2003.
- Brock Chisholm (director-general from 1948 to 1953)
- Gro Harlem Brundtland (director-general from 1998 to 2003)
- Margaret Chan (director-general from 2006 to 2017)
- Tedros Adhanom (director-general from 2017)