Xi Jinping (习近平) (born June 15, 1953) is the current General Secretary of the Communist Party of China, President of the People's Republic of China and Chairman of the Central Military Commission, serving as the Paramount leader of China.
- It was the greatest contribution towards the whole of human race, made by China, is to prevent its 1.3 billion people from hunger.
- Statement during his visit to Mexico (11 February 2009) as quoted in "China's Xi named to oversee military, a step closer to presidency" in International Business TImes (18 October 2010)
- There are some bored foreigners, with full stomachs, who have nothing better to do than point fingers at us … First, China doesn't export Revolution; second, China doesn't export hunger and poverty; third, China doesn't come and cause you headaches, what more is there to be said?
- As quoted in "China's Xi named to oversee military, a step closer to presidency" in International Business Times (18 October 2010).
- Corruption could lead to the collapse of the Party [Communist Party of China] and the downfall of the State [People's Republic of China].
- As quoted in "Opinion: Corruption as China's top priority" in cnn.com (7 January 2013).
- Safeguarding the interests of our Taiwan compatriots and expanding their well-being is the mainland's oft-repeated pledge and solemn promise of the new leaders of China's Communist Party central committee.
- As quoted in "China's Xi to tread peaceful, patient path on Taiwan" in Reuters (25 February 2013).
- Of course, we also are soberly aware that historical problems remain in cross-strait relations, and that there will be issues in the future that will require time, patience and joint efforts to resolve.
- As quoted in "China’s Xi pledges peaceful ties with Taiwan in meeting" in Taipei Times (26 February 2013).
- Why must we stand firm on the party's leadership over the military? Because that's the lesson from the collapse of the Soviet Union. In Soviet Union, where the military was depoliticized, separated from the party and nationalized, the party was disarmed. When the country came to crisis point, a big party was gone just like that. Proportionally, the Soviet Communist Party had more members than we (Communist Party of China) do, but nobody was man enough to stand up and resist.
- As quoted in "China's new President Xi Jinping: A man with a dream" in BBC News (14 March 2013).
- To further promote anti-corruption efforts, we need to insist on the successful experiences gained through the Party's long-term anti-corruption practice. We need to actively draw on effective practices conducted by foreign countries around the world, and our own valuable heritage.
- As quoted in "President Xi: Anti-corruption efforts need to draw on heritage" in cctv.com English (20 April 2013).
- Happiness does not fall out of the blue and dreams will not come true by themselves. We need to be down-to-earth and work hard. We should uphold the idea that working hard is the most honorable, noblest, greatest and most beautiful virtue.
- As quoted in "Xi Jinping meets model workers" in cctv.com English (1 May 2013).
- The issue [Israeli-Palestinian conflict], already lasting more than half a century, has brought deep suffering to the Palestinian people and remains an important reason of extended turbulence in the Middle East region.
- As quoted in "China rebukes Israel ahead of Netanyahu visit" in cnn.com (7 May 2013).
- I think both sides [China and United States] should work hard to build a new type of relationship between big powers. The two sides should cooperate with each other for a win-win result in order to benefit people from the two countries and the world.
- As quoted in "Xi, Obama vow to step up cooperation" in cctv.com English (8 June 2013).
- [We should] set our eyes on the future. The political differences between the Chinese mainland and Taiwan should eventually be solved step by step, and [we] can not let these problems hand on from generation to generation.
- As quoted in "Xi calls for peaceful development of cross-Straits ties" in China Daily (6 October 2013).
- All work of the party’s news and public opinion media must reflect the will of the party, mirror the views of the party, preserve the authority of the party, preserve the unity of the party, and achieve love of the party, protection of the party and acting for the party [and must maintain] a high level of uniformity with the party in ideology, politics and action
|General Secretaries and Chairmen of the Communist Party of China|
|Party Chairmen||Mao Zedong · Hua Guofeng · Hu Yaobang|
|General Secretaries||Chen Duxiu · Xiang Zhongfa · Bo Gu · Zhang Wentian · Hu Yaobang · Zhao Ziyang · Jiang Zemin · Hu Jintao · Xi Jinping|