Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This Actor article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I am full of doubts ... Each new film is like a trial. Before I step in front of the camera, I do not know whether I am going to fall or whether I am going to fly — and that is exactly the way I want it to stay.
- As quoted in "How did I survive my childhood?" in The Telegraph (16 December 2005)
- I think the characters I play go through tunnels, like in Three Colours : Blue, for example, where she’s lost everything ... In The English Patient, she loses her best friend; this patient is dying in front of her – there’s no hope, so she’s going to start from the bottom. In films we see extremes, because it’s where you have turning points. Before I thought there was a common denominator between my films — as if all my characters were sisters – but I’m not so sure now.
- As quoted in "Emotional Intelligence" by James Mottram, in The Sunday Herald (8 January 2006)
- I try to see my films just once. It's like a dream you've been through when it's been intense, and you just have to go through it once more just to make sure you've had it.
- Quoted at Juliette Binoche: The Art of Being, her official website