Kingdom Hearts coded
Kingdom Hearts coded is the 5th installment in the Kingdom Hearts Series. Originally, it was a role-playing puzzle game developed by SquareEnix for mobile phones. In 2010 it was remade for the Nintendo DS under the name Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded. A cinematic remake of the game was included in the Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix video game compilation for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4.
- (During the letter sequence)
I wanted to tell you right away about memories from the past that sleep within you, and about the pieces that will tie you to your future. Sora, Riku, Kairi... The truth behind the Keyblade has found its way through so many people, and now I know that it rests in your hearts. Sora, you are who you are because of those people, but they're hurting and you're the only one who can end their sadness. They need you. It's possible that all your journeys so far have been preparing you for this great new task that's waiting for you. I should have known there were no coincidences--only links in a much larger chain of events. And now the door to your next journey is ready to be opened.
- Some people think pain is something you just wipe away--and sometimes, maybe, you can. But not all pain can be erased. The only way to deal with it is to accept it head-on. And if the hurt is too great for you to bear it alone--well, then you turn to a friend close to your heart.
- I'm really just data made to pass along a message. I shouldn't... exist right now in this journal at all. And now, the record of me will dispear. But when you pass my message onto the other Sora, just remember to tell him the things that you've seen...and that you've felt. If you do that, then we'll be at rest--her, and me too. Along with everybody connected to Sora...
- If I put the heat aside, I’ll lose my ties to all the people I care about. My mind’s made up. I may end up falling into the darkness, but I’ll carry this with me. I’ll only get rid of it when I remember everything, and not a day sooner than that. I’ll keep the hurt with me for the time being. It’s all that I have. It’s what holds the pieces in place. I accept that.
- No, I don’t. I can keep the hurt because it reminds me of something important. It lets me know what I’ve forgotten is crucial. That’s enough. I won’t run from it. It’ll stay inside of my heart until the day I remember.
- What’s this feeling? I’ve got memories that don’t belong to me. A place to call home. And a sunset, that’s comforting. My first and my last... (with Roxas’ voice) Summer vacation.
- You can rest easy. I’ve got you now.
- My role was to see if you were ready to take ownership of the hurt inside you. And now that role is done. Nothing left for me to do but...go away.
- I get it. You’ve seen through my disguise. I’m just like everyone else you’ve encountered in this place— made of data. I’m not even worth the effort, is that what it is? Guess there’s no point in destroying something if it never existed.
- Yes, my loyal minions. Drag all you see into deepest darkness!
- Data Sora: Who are you?
- Maleficent: An amusing jest, boy, but not one I will not abide. If you desire a reminder of my power....Then I shall give you one!
- Data Sora: Funny, I feel as though...I've met them.
- Namine: Yes, two of them, you have met. As for the third one...I never realized it, but...you and he share a very special connection.
- Roxas: I'd ask if you enjoyed your little trip... but we both know that you've forgotten it. Bet you’re feeling pretty empty.
- Data Sora: No, I’m not. I may not remember who I met, but I do remember that I met them. And knowing that I’ve forgotten them... I miss them.
- Roxas: So you hurt. I warned you. Don’t you remember what I said? That hurt will drag you into the darkness. You have to get rid of all of it.
- Data Sora: Are you gonna go back home?
- Roxas: I don’t know if I really have one. But... There’s a place I’d like to be.