List of religious texts
This page can be used to create links to specific religious texts of various traditions. Preferably all future pages that are on religious texts will have the label: [[Category:Religious texts]], which will automatically place them on that Category page. Follow the link at the bottom of this page to get to that listing.
Sacred texts of various religions:
- Hinduism: Shruti (Vedas, including the Riveda; also Aranyakas, Brahmanas, Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, Mahābhārata, Ramayana); Panchatantra
- Buddhism: The Tripitaka and the Dhammapada.
- Ayyavazhi: The Akilattirattu Ammanai and Arul Nool.
- Judaism: The Hebrew Bible (Tanakh = Torah, Nevi'im, and Ketuvim)
- Christianity: The Christian Bible especially the New Testament and the Gospels, Sacred Tradition
- Taoism: The Dao de jing, also Chuang Tzu, and the I Ching
- Confucianism: The Analects of Confucius, also the I Ching
- Islam: The Qur'an, also Hadith and the Sunnah
- Sikhism: The Guru Granth Sahib and the Dasam Granth Sahib
- Mormonism: The Christian Bible, Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants