Jump to navigation Jump to search
- I [recorded the tape] at 5 a.m., after my prom at the university and a friend of mine shot it for a joke. I was extremely scared that this was something sketchy, it’s not a real audition, they’re gonna try to do human trafficking on me.
- Rudy Giuliani actually did call the police. But we did nothing illegal. So we left the place together… and we were happy! It’s like a family moment.
- Shaffer, Claire (17 November 2020). "Maria Bakalova Talks About That Rudy Giuliani Scene in 'Borat' Sequel". Rolling Stone.
- The moment when they announced it, it was literally a blackout. I couldn’t start jumping or crying or screaming, nothing, a blackout for a second. And then 30 minutes later, I realized it is actually happening, is this possible to happen? It’s still like a dream, it’s still like a fairytale, and it’s something I will always be grateful for Sacha [Baron Cohen] and this part that I have been given.
- I want to work on projects that are going to have strong messages, that are going to document the times that we’re living in. Our movie is a comedy, it’s a really strong satirical movie, but behind all the silliness, behind all the jokes, there are some really important messages about equality, about how we should support each other more and how we are all equals. It’s something interesting about the arts. We have a certain amount of time on this planet, on this Earth, as human beings, but the art somehow stays forever.
- Welk, Brian (3 February 2021). "Maria Bakalova Blacked Out With Excitement Over Being First Bulgarian Golden Globes Nominee". TheWrap.
- I dedicate every single award to all the eastern European actors who can recognise themselves in me, because we’re from this region that hasn’t been recognised much in western cinema. That’s what I’m fighting for.
- Bromwich, Kathryn (10 April 2021). "Maria Bakalova: ‘I dedicate every award to all the eastern European actors’". The Guardian.
- I love James Gunn, I want to work with him for the rest of my life! He’s just everything. I don’t even know how to say it, he’s so talented. He’s so funny. He’s so fun. He’s such a great human being. What an example of a person that I’d want to be like. His dedication to his craft is admirable as well. It’s just phenomenal. I’ve been very lucky to meet him and to have a chance to work with him. I want to do it again and again.
- Romanchick, Shane (21 August 2022). "'Guardians of the Galaxy': Maria Bakalova Wants to Work With James Gunn "Over and Over"". Collider.