Marine Le Pen
Marion Anne Perrine "Marine" Le Pen; born 5 August 1968, is a French lawyer and politician who has been President of the National Rally (previously the National Front) since 2011. She has been the member of the National Assembly for the 11th constituency of Pas-de-Calais since 2017. Le Pen was featured by Time as one of the 100 most influential people in the world in 2011 and 2015.
- For those who want to talk a lot about World War II, if it's about occupation, then we could also talk about it (Muslim prayers in the streets), because that is occupation of territory. It is an occupation of sections of the territory, of districts in which religious laws apply. It's an occupation. There are of course no tanks, there are no soldiers, but it is nevertheless an occupation and it weighs heavily on local residents.
- At a gathering in Lyon – Marine Le Pen: Muslims in France 'like Nazi occupation', The Telegraph (12 December 2010)
- The progressive Islamisation of our country and the increase in political-religious demands are calling into question the survival of our civilisation.
- We are fighting against Islamism, not Islam. Islamism is the will to impose Shariah for all as civil, political and religious law. … In reality, it's asking French people to increasingly submit themselves to the Muslim religion. That goes totally against the secular principles of the French republic.
- Tolerance? What does that mean? I am a very tolerant and hospitable person, like you. Would you accept 12 illegal immigrants moving into your flat? You would not! On top of that, they start to remove the wallpaper! Some of them would steal your wallet and brutalise your wife. You would not accept that! Consequently, we are hospitable, but we decide with whom we want to be.
- The EU is deeply harmful, it is an anti-democratic monster. I want to prevent it from becoming fatter, from continuing to breathe, from grabbing everything with its paws and from extending its tentacles into all areas of our legislation. In our glorious history, millions have died to ensure that our country remains free. Today, we are simply allowing our right to self-determination to be stolen from us.
- The objective of these barbaric acts is to terrorise, to paralyse through fear, to subjugate or to censor. Undisputedly after this act that traumatised the whole nation, fear is there. It is my responsibility to say that this fear must be overcome. And to say that this attack must continue to prompt free speech in the face of Islamic fundamentalism. We must not stay silent. And we must say what happened. We must not be scared of words: this is a terrorist act committed in the name of radical Islamism. Denial and hypocrisy are no longer an option. The absolute refusal of Islamic fundamentalism must be proclaimed high and loud by whomever. Life and liberty are among the most precious values.
- Every minute, every instant, from Brittany to Corsica and from Lille to Strasbourg, the French look around them, and ask themselves: Where am I?
- The immigrationist religion is an insult for human beings, whose integrity is always bound to one national community, one language, one culture.
- Now, the dividing line is not between left and right but globalists and patriots.
- France will be led by a woman, either me or Mrs. Merkel.
- French presidential debate (3 May 2017), quoted in "Le Pen: France Will Be Led By A Woman — Either Me Or Merkel", The Daily Caller.
- What matters to me is the defence of France.
- If one day, there is someone who is better placed than me to assemble the millions of French citizens who are needed to bring about the turnaround of our country, then I will step aside.
Quotes about Marine Le Pen
- Eric Zemmour is a man from the right who has never belonged to the extreme right, or to Mrs. and Mr. Le Pen's party. But he is someone who has the ideas of Geert Wilders about Islam and migration. We have the paradox that Marine Le Pen, who has been called the far right for the past 20 years, is being overtaken by someone who is much harsher and more pessimistic.
- Official website
- Profile on the European Parliament's official website
- Cross, Tony (4 May 2012). "Has Marine Le Pen Made France's Front National Respectable?". RFI English.
- Appearances on C-SPAN