Marketing is the process of communicating the value of a product or service to customers. Marketing might sometimes be interpreted as the art of selling products, but selling is only a small fraction of marketing. As the term "Marketing" may replace "Advertising" it is the overall strategy and function of promoting a product or service to the customer.
Free Digital Marketing Course in hindi & क्या modules है [[Category:]] फ्री ऑनलाइन डिजिटल मार्केटिंग कोर्स ''''आगर आप इस कोर्स को किसी institute में करने के लिए जाओगे तो कम से कम 40000 रूपए में होता है. इस कोर्स की फीस अलग- अलग City और Country के हिसाब से होती है. इस कोर्स से आप बहुत अच्छे पैसे का सकते है. 10,0000, 20,0000 रूपए कमा सकते है. ''''
- Quotes are arranged alphabetically by author
A - F
- Marketing is the process of planning and executing the conception, pricing, promotion, and distribution of ideas, goods, and services to create exchanges that satisfy individual and organizational objectives.
- American Marketing Association (1985), as quoted in Principles of Marketing Management (1986) by R. P. Bagozzi, p. 26
- The future of marketing belongs to honest information, accurate data and clear claims based on truth.
- The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself.
- Peter Drucker in: Philip Kotler Standing Room Only: Strategies for Marketing the Performing Arts, Harvard Business Press, 1 January 1997, p. 33
- I believe we are born with our minds open to wonderful experiences, and only slowly learn to limit ourselves to narrow tastes. We are taught to lose our curiosity by the bludgeon-blows of mass marketing, which brainwash us to see "hits," and discourage exploration.
- Roger Ebert in: Jonathan Silverman, Dean Rader (2005), The world is a text, p. 315
G - L
- Until I came to IBM, I probably would have told you that culture was just one among several important elements in any organization's makeup and success — along with vision, strategy, marketing, financials, and the like... I came to see, in my time at IBM, that culture isn't just one aspect of the game, it is the game. In the end, an organization is nothing more than the collective capacity of its people to create value.
- Louis V. Gerstner, Jr. Who Says Elephants Can’t Dance? (2002)
- By the way, if anyone here is in advertising or marketing...kill yourself...you're the ruiner of all things good...you are Satan's spawn, filling the world with bile and garbage...kill yourself.
- Bill Hicks (1961 - 1994), "Revelations" (1992)
- The art of marketing is largely the art of brand building. When something is not a brand, it will be probably be viewed as a commodity.
- Philip Kotler (1999), as cited in: Dennis Adcock, Al Halborg, Caroline Ross (2001), Marketing: Principles and Practice. p. 208
- Society drives people crazy with lust and calls it advertising.
- John Lahr (1941- ), The Guardian (August 1989)
M - R
- Ads are the cave art of the twentieth century.
- Marshall McLuhan (1911-1980), Culture Is Our Business (1970)
- Nowhere, except perhaps in the analogous society of pagan Rome, has there ever been such a flowering of cheap and petty and disgusting lusts and vanities as in the world of capitalism, where there is no evil that is not fostered and encouraged for the sake of making money. We live in a society whose whole policy is to excite every nerve in the human body and keep it at the highest pitch of artificial tension, to strain every human desire to the limit and to create as many new desires and synthetic passions as possible, in order to cater to them with the products of our factories and printing presses and movie studios and all the rest.
- Give them quality. That's the best kind of advertising in the world.
- Milton Hershey. Interview with Abe Heilman, 1953. Paul Wallace Research Collection, Accession 97004, Box 2, Folder 24; Hershey Community Archives, Hershey, PA, USA.
- The flaw of target marketing is that it assumes people are indifferent to variety. Suburban white boys won't listen to Rap because supposedly they can't relate to urban black youths hopping around to all beat and no melody. What we get is music segregation on the airwaves and the record racks.
- Marketing is far too important to be left only to the marketing department!.
S - Z
- Another forerunner of modern organization theorists was Andrew Ure, a professor of chemistry. An enthusiastic proponent of “the factory system,” Ure (1835) took a step beyond Adam Smith. Whereas Smith’s pin factory was solely an example of division of labor, Ure pointed out that a factory poses organizational challenges. He asserted that every factory incorporates “three principles of action, or three organic systems”: (a) a “mechanical” system that integrates production processes, (b) a “moral” system that motivates and satisfies the needs of workers, and (c) a “commercial” system that seeks to sustain the firm through financial management and marketing. Harmonizing these three systems, said Ure, was the responsibility of managers.
- William H. Starbuck (2005). "The Origins of Organizational Theory," p. 149-150
- Industrial marketing
- Marketing management
- Services marketing
- Social influence