Michael John Myers, OC (born 25 May, 1963) is a Canadian actor, comedian, director, producer, screenwriter and singer. He is known for his run as a performer on Saturday Night Live from 1989 to 1995 and for portraying the title roles in the Wayne's World, Austin Powers, and Shrek film franchises. Myers made his directorial debut with the documentary Supermensch: The Legend of Shep Gordon (2013). He semi-retired from acting in 2012, though had supporting roles in Terminal and Bohemian Rhapsody (both 2018).
- They say that comedy and sausages are the two things that if you know how they're made they affect the appetite. I'm always creating and writing stuff so it's nice for me to be able to watch it as a fan.
- Interview with Joe Utichi, RT-UK: Mike Myers Interview, rottentomatoes.com, 27 June 2007.
- Most comedians want to be the architect of their own embarrassment. They have horrible self-esteem issues. I would rather push myself into the mud. I don't want to be pushed into the mud. I think that is probably true. I think most people struggle with self-acceptance. But comedians get a chance to self externalize.
- Interview with B. Alan Orange, Mike Myers and Antonio Banderas Talk Shrek the Third!, movieweb.com, 11 May 2007.
- Everything I do is autobiographical in some way. Wayne's World was me growing up in the suburbs of Toronto and listening to heavy metal, and Austin Powers was every bit of British culture that my father, who passed away in 1991, had forced me to watch and taught me to love. With the guru Pitka, after my father died, I went on a spiritual quest, and it's very hard when you're a comedian to go on a spiritual quest, because your natural instinct is to be cynical.
- Interview with Larry Carroll, Mike Myers Shares His "Love Guru" Wisdom And His Love For Justin Timberlake., mtv.com, 4 September 2008.
- Rome ruled the world with that phalanx formation and Britain with the three-masted ship; America has ruled the world with the moving image and the projection of image around the world.