(Redirected from Normal)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Quotes about normality
|This theme article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- I wouldn't say I'm normal, but I'm relatively stable. When I think of normalcy I think of mediocrity and mediocrity scares the fuck out of me.
- Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal.
- Albert Camus, Notebook IV in Notebooks: 1942-1951
- America's present need is not heroics, but healing; not nostrums, but normalcy; not revolution, but restoration.
- Warren Gamaliel Harding, quoted in Frederick E. Schortemeier, Rededicating America (1920), ch.17
- The note I wanted; that of the strange and sinister embroidered on the very type of the normal and easy.
- Henry James, Prefaces (1909), "The Altar of the Dead"
- Society highly values its normal man. It educates children to lose themselves and to become absurd, and thus to be normal. Normal men have killed perhaps 100,000,000 of their fellow normal men in the last fifty years.
- Ronald David Laing, The Politics of Experience (1967), p. 28
- The Normal is the good smile in a child's eyes - all right. It is also the dead stare in a million adults.
- Peter Shaffer, Equus, Act 1, Scene 19
- Normal is enormously susceptible to swinging with the gusts of politics and history. Disguised as scientific and fixed, it is subjective and protean. That is why I used the word normative above, a term derived from statistics, simply meaning what most people do.
- Levine, Judith (2003). "Therapy". Harmful to Minors. Thunder's Mouth Press. p. 48. ISBN 1-56025-516-1.