Pacific Rim Uprising
Pacific Rim: Uprising is a 2018 American science fiction monster film and the sequel to the 2013 film Pacific Rim starring John Boyega (also making his producer debut), as well as Scott Eastwood, Cailee Spaeny, Jing Tian, Adria Arjona, and Zhang Jin, with Rinko Kikuchi, Charlie Day, and Burn Gorman returning from the original film.
- Directed by Steven S. DeKnight. Written by Steven S. DeKnight, Emily Carmichael and Kira Snyder, and T.S. Nowlin.
Set in the year 2030, the plot follows humanity again fighting Kaiju, giant monsters set on destroying the world.
- [narrating] My generation, we were born into war. Giant monsters attacked our world. We called them, "Kaiju". They came from the Breach, a gateway to another dimension, at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. Sent by an alien race, Precursors. We fought back, building our own monsters..."Jaegers". Giant robots, so big they needed two pilots. My father was one of them. He sacrificed himself to help save the world. I...am not my father. It’s been 10 years since we won the war... And closed the Breach. Most of this world has been rebuilt. But some cities cannot do it. And the world is still picking up the pieces. Some of us live better on broken boats. And living in a half-lived mansion, much better than a bad apartment. And to live here you have to be creative. You have to cheat others to get breakfast. And a new pastry. And for the fraud, you know how to do it? You create a different value on the stuff. The Pacific Defense Corps usually look the other way. So long as you do not break the law. For example ... Jaeger Metal Disposal Commission. Santa Monica, California. Big risk means great results. And no one gets more money than taking Jaeger technology. Some crazy people try to build their own Jaeger. But they need us to make it. So ... if you can steal in place that no one else can steal ... You can live like a king.
- Join the Jaeger Uprising.
- He said a lot of things. I’m not a hero like he was.
- Pilots of Obsidian Fury, get the hell out of your Conn-Pod! (opens Obsidian Fury's faceplate; to Nate) What the hell is that?! (revealing a secondary Kaiju Brain inside Obsidian Fury's Conn-Pod)
- How'd they get into our world?
- (After Jules saves Nate from the collapsing Titan Redeemer) Really? Now?!
- All Jaegers, advance and fire everything you've got! On my command! (All Jaegers lock and loaded to attack the Mega-Kaiju) GO!
- (Trying to speak Chinese language) Dammit! Why can I get this language?
- (as he grabbed Hermann by the throat when his friend tries to help him go back to his senses) HE IS NOT STRONG ENOUGH! NONE OF YOU ARE STRONG ENOUGH!!!
- (During a Jaeger and Kaiju fight in Tokyo) Okay, going with giant robots again? REAL original, guys. I am not impressed. I am not impressed.
- (After Gipsy Avenger kills the Mega-Kaiju) NO! NO! (grunt) Okay, ya know what? Plan B, always a plan B. (Nate punches him unconscious)
- Everyone else seemed to be a little preoccupied with the killer drones your boss just set up!
- You...(realizing the first drift of Newton with the Precursors)...Precursors.
- It means..."yes"!
- Told you she's not a "Toy"!
- You pilot Gipsy Avenger?
- (Japanase language) "Kiss my ass."
- Jake, your father always said "he wanted you to be a pilot".
- This is your chance to make things right.
- Precursors didn't do this. (Pause) Humans did.
- (to Jake and Nate) Get to Gipsy, go! All pilots, man your Jaegers and engage hostiles!
- (upon seeing Jake for the first time) You gotta be kidding me.
- Gipsy to Command, you reading this?
- We're going to need more pilots. (Jake Pentecost: We have them.)
- (after Newton merges Raijin, Shrikethorn and Hakuja into a Mega-Kaiju) Well, he's pretty big.
- I DON'T CARE! You know, when I first joined the Corp, I was just like you. Worse, I was nobody. But that woman we laid to rest today, Mako Mori. She said: Whoever you are, the minute you enter this program, you join a family. And no matter what they do, no matter how stupid they may act sometimes, you forgive them and you move on. So you start believing that, in here. And you'll start believing in a Jaeger.
- (after knocking out Newton) Anyone who's listening, this is Ranger Lambert. Be advised, we just got ourselves a Newt.
- Nate Lambert: Take out his legs! We gotta get outta here!
- Jake Pentecost: Plasma cannon!
- Nate Lambert: Think we pissed him off.
- Jake Pentecost: Good. You remember our old move?
- Nate Lambert: Hell yeah.
- Jake Pentecost: He looks hurt.
- Nate Lambert: Go for its power core!
- Hermann Gottlieb: What did you just do?
- Newton Geiszler: What I've been planning the last ten years...I'm ending the world.
- Amara Namami: She jumped me!
- Viktoriya Malikova: She doesn't belong here!
- Nate Lambert: I DON'T CARE! You know, when I first joined the Corp, I was just like you. Worse, I was nobody. But that woman we laid to rest today, Mako Mori. She said: Whoever you are, the minute you enter this program, you join a family. And no matter what they do, no matter how stupid they may act sometimes, you forgive them and you move on. So you start believing that, in here. And you'll start believing in a Jaeger.
- Jake Pentecost: Ready for this?
- Nate Lambert: No. You?
- Jake Pentecost: No.
- Amara Namani/Jake Pentecost: Hang on!
- Amara Namani/Jake Pentecost: I am hanging on!
- Amara Namani/Jake Pentecost: Hang tighter!
- Newton Geiszler: You think this is over, huh? You think you saved your crappy little world?! We're gonna keep coming! We are never going to stop! And sooner or later, YOUR LUCK IS GOING TO RUN OUT!!!.
- Jake Pentecost: No. The things in your head? Precursors? Tell 'em we're not afraid. Tell 'em next time, they won't need to worry about coming for us. Cause we're gonna come for them.