Ronald Dion DeSantis (September 14, 1978 –) is an American politician and attorney serving as the 46th governor of Florida since 2019. A member of the Republican Party, he represented Florida's 6th congressional district in the United States House of Representatives from 2013 to 2018.
- Too many in Washington display a ruling class mentality and congressional term limits would go a long way towards restoring the citizen-legislator ethos of the Founding Fathers, Americans of all political background overwhelmingly support term limits, yet term limits have floundered in Congress. An approach that phases in congressional term limits reconciles the self-interest of members of Congress with the public–s desire to see these changes enacted and gives us the best chance to make term limits a reality.
- DeSantis Takes New Approach to Term Limits (May 4, 2015)
- I think all that has to be vetted in a way that errs on the side of protecting the American people. If there's a chance that someone may be inclined to be an enemy of the country, then I think you have to err on the side of caution.
- Look, Hollywood is a cesspool. The idea that Wienstein is alone, or even that conspicuous, I don’t think is true, I think this is pervasive behavior in Hollywood, and I think it does implicate the media. I think they’ve been complicit in it, I think businesses have been complicit in it.
- I promised to be the most pro-Israel Governor in America and our bold agenda for my upcoming Business Development Mission to Israel includes many historic firsts and strengthens Florida’s ties with Israel, the only democracy in the Middle East.
- 24 May 2019 tweet
- We looked at the data that we had from other parts of the world as we were getting into March, and we saw that this was a virus that had a disproportionate impact on elderly people and we're the second-oldest state in the country, so that was something that was obviously very concerning to us
- We are going to stand with our Jewish brothers and sisters and we are absolutely going to stand strong in support of the Florida-Israel relationship. The Legislature and I have worked really hard on a lot of great legislation over the past few years on issues including Holocaust education, anti-BDS legislation, security for synagogues and Jewish day schools, and so much more.
- 8 June 2021 speech
- You have hundreds of thousands of people pouring across every month
Not only are they letting them through, they’re farming them out all across the country, putting them on planes, putting them on buses. Do you think they’re worrying about COVID for that? Of course not.
Whatever variants there are around the world, they’re coming across that southern border.
He’s not shutting down the virus. He’s helping facilitate it.
Why don’t you get this border secure?
Until you do that, I don’t want to hear a blip about COVID from you.
- It seems that some publishers attempted to slap a coat of paint on an old house built on the foundation of Common Core, and indoctrinating concepts like race essentialism
- Regarding the Stop WOKE Act Ron DeSantis takes his culture war to the next level (Mon April 18, 2022) text+video
- We're winning big, big, big in the Republican Party for the nomination like nobody's ever seen before
- There it is, Trump at 71 [percent]. Ron DeSanctimonious at 10 percent. Mike Pence at 7 — oh, Mike Pence doing better than I thought.
- Pompeo jumps to defend DeSantis after Trump's 'Ron DeSanctimonious' comments (By Mark Moore November 6, 2022 1:41pm Updated)
- Ron DeSanctimonious is playing games! The Fake News asks him if he's going to run if President Trump runs, and he says, 'I'm only focused on the Governor's race, I'm not looking into the future.' Well, in terms of loyalty and class, that's really not the right answer.
- Donald Trump on Truth Social, reported in Adam Carlson, Jay O'Brien, and Katherine Faulders, Trump takes aim at Ron DeSantis, suggesting he's a 2024 rival, ABC News (November 10, 2022).