Scandal (TV series)
- 1 Season 1
- 2 Season 2
- 2.1 Whites Hats Off [2.1]
- 2.2 The Other Women [2.2]
- 2.3 Hunting Season [2.3]
- 2.4 Beltway Unbuckled [2.4]
- 2.5 All Roads Lead to Fitz [2.5]
- 2.6 Spies Like Us [2.6]
- 2.7 Defiance [2.7]
- 2.8 Happy Birthday, Mr. President 2.8]
- 2.9 Blown Away [2.9]
- 2.10 One for the Dog [2.10]
- 2.11 A Criminal, a Whore, an Idiot and a Liar [2.11]
- 2.12 Truth or Consequences [2.12]
- 2.13 Nobody Likes Babies [2.14]
- 2.14 Whiskey Tango Foxtrot [2.15]
- 2.15 Boom Goes the Dynamite [2.16]
- 2.16 Top of the Hour [2.17]
- 2.17 Snake in the Garden [2.18]
- 2.18 Molly, You In Danger, Girl [2.19]
- 2.19 A Woman Scorned [2.20]
- 2.20 Any Questions [2.21]
- 2.21 White Hat's Back On [2.22]
- 3 External links
Sweet Baby [1.1]
- Harrison: (To Quinn) I'm not a baby lawyer. I'm a Gladiator in a suit, because that's what you are when you work for Olivia Pope. You're a Gladiator in a suit. Do you wanna be a Gladiator?
- Quinn: Yes.
- Harrison: You have to say it.
- Quinn: I wanna be a Gladiator in a suit.
- Olivia: (About Amanda Tanner) I'm sorry, I have to ask.
- Fitz: No. I never…I would never…no. You've known me for a long time. Longer than most. You know I didn't fall for some young girl. You know there's only one person I love.
- Cyrus: Mellie and Fitz are happy together, Liv. He'd have no reason to cheat.
- Olivia: I'll handle it. Consider it handled.
- Fitz: You should come back to the White House. We need you on our side.
- Olivia: I like working for myself. But I've never left your side.
- Olivia: (talking about Fitz) I think... he knows. I think he knows what we did. I'm pretty sure.
- Cyrus: Liv, there is no way--
- Olivia: I haven't slept in ten months. I have our last conversation on a loop in my head all night, every night. I think he knows what we did, Cyrus.
Dirty Little Secrets [1.2]
- Billy: (to Olivia and Cyrus) Maybe this won't come out.
- Olivia: It's a dirty little secret, and dirty little secrets always come out. Don't they, Cyrus?
- Fitz: (to Cyrus) I know I don't get to do what other men do. Above reproach, my whole life. I'm not John Edwards. I get it. Wear the crown. That's fine. There is a price. But Liv... is the love of my life.
Hell Hath No Fury [1.3]
- Olivia: I was wrong before about it not being your fault. It IS your fault... You love him, you do. But you can't fix everything for him. You can't. He's playing you, because you let him. You give him everything he asks for, and you clean up his messes, and you believe him even when he lies to you and that is NOT LOVE. Love is making him face who he is. The best thing you can do for him is to do the best thing FOR him It's not your fault what he did, but letting him get away with it, THAT IS your fault.
- Cyrus: (After Fitz listens to the tape) That's what it is right? You getting caught with your pants down? You having sex with Amanda Tanner?
- Fitz: Cyrus, I -
- Cyrus: You don't talk. YOU don't talk anymore! Someone sent this to me. You get that? Amanda Tanner is blackmailing you. Which means, Olivia Pope is blackmailing you.
- Travis: (To his girlfriend) You know who this is? This is The Olivia Pope! She is amazing! (To Olivia) Who are you working for now? The White House? CIA? FBI?
- Olivia: Right now, your mother.
- Travis: Oh…
Enemy of the State [1.4]
- Fitz: The way I see it, all roads lead back to Amanda Tanner. She's saying we had an affair, she's says she's carrying our child. Without her, there's nothing but that tape. Without her, that tape has a guy that sounds vaguely like me. There's no proof. No one takes it seriously without being vouched for. Which means, our problem is Amanda Tanner. And she's not a problem; she's a kid. Our real problem…is Olivia Pope.
- Cyrus: You realize -
- Fitz: I got into this job to help people; to change this country for the better. I am the President of the United States of America. It's time I start acting like it.
- Olivia: I made a tough call.
Crash and Burn [1.5]
- Huck: (While torturing Charlie) They put me in a hole nobody wants to be in. And I don't mean a metaphorical hole. An actual hole. They took stuff from me, Charlie. So much stuff that I was homeless on the subway, begging for change when Liv found me. Which is why I'm breaking my sobriety 'cause she asked. Ok? I'm telling you this because I want you to understand that I owe her. So I'm not gonna stop until you tell me where Amanda is.
- Fitz: Amanda Tanner is dead.
- Cyrus: How sad.
- Fitz: Aren't you gonna ask how it happened?
- Cyrus: No. Should I?
- Fitz: A young woman died. A member of this administration.
- Cyrus: I said how sad I was. You didn't hear me? I'll say it again. How sad. Let's lower the flags.
The Trail [1.6]
- Fitz: (In a flashback to the presidential campaign) It's not our stances on the issues. We are not getting our message out there. People don't know where I stand. The problem is-
- Olivia: Your marriage. It looks like you don't screw your wife. Which would be fine, except that family values matter to Republicans. It's why they vote for who they vote for. And since Sally's got Jesus firmly on her side, that just leaves family. Marriage. Yours, whatever the truth may be, from the outside in, looks cold. Distant. Dead. Where is your wife, by the way? (Fitz doesn't answer) People want to like who they're voting for. People thought Al Gore was a big stiff until he stuck his tongue down Tipper's throat. They put George W. in office because he and Laura seemed like a fun couple to have a beer with. People have to want to invite you in for dinner. Right now, you and your wife are standing in their doorway, three feet apart, not looking at each other, letting in the cold air. That's why you lost Iowa. It's why you'll lose New Hampshire.
- Fitz: And you are?
- Olivia: Olivia. Pope.
- Fitz: (on a flashback to the presidential campaign) God. Please don't. Don't be nice to me. I'm sitting here complaining to you about my wife, which is sleazy and low and not fair to you and the oldest trick in the book. Suddenly I'm looking down at myself and I'm... How did I get here? Why didn't I meet you sooner? What kind of a coward was I to marry her and not wait for you to show up?
- Olivia: Governor Grant--
- Fitz: Oh, for God's sake. We are so far beyond the "Governor Grant" crap. Just say my name.
- Olivia: That's crossing the line. It would be inappropriate.
- Fitz: Then let's be inappropriate. Say my name.
- Olivia: (after a 30 seconds silence) Fitz.
- Fitz: You really want me to detail for you how and where and in what positions Amanda Tanner and I had sex? Would that help make you feel better? Because I'll do it.
- Olivia: No!
- Fitz: You left me, I was unhappy, she was there. One time. I made a mistake.
- Olivia: I don't want to talk about it! You cheated on your mistress with your girlfriend. Let's just leave it at that.
Grant: For the People [1.7]
- Olivia: He's talking about resigning.
- Mellie': You must love that.
- Olivia: This isn't about me.
- Mellie: Really? Seems like my whole marriage is about you.
- Olivia: Mellie, he can't resign. I'm sure we can make some kind of deal.
- Mellie: I try to be pleasant. I try to be... I'm the First Lady. There are sacrifices. There's a price. And for a time, that was fine. You and I wanted the same thing. Fitz in the Oval. We were on the same team, you and I, and everything was fine. I just don't understand what happened.
- Olivia: What happened?
- Mellie: You let that girl get into his pants! You left the team, Liv! You fell down on the job! You broke his heart, and you left him open and vulnerable and helpless. And that is how that snake Billy Chambers got that shiny red Amanda apple right into Fitz's hand. I do my job. I smile, and I push him, and I make sure he has what he needs. I do my job. Why couldn't you do yours?
- Cyrus: (to Olivia about Fitz) I don't doubt that he could do it. Live the normal life he's always wanted. Walk the dog, mow the lawn... a simple life, a happy life. For most people, that's fine. It's all they need. For him, it's a waste. Of talent. Of potential. That man was born to be a leader. He was born to do this. Anything else would diminish him and deprive this country. He can talk all he wants about a regular life. Some men aren't meant to be happy. They're meant to be great.
Whites Hats Off [2.1]
- Fitz: (Yelling at Mellie) NO ONE ELECTED YOU!! You're not the president! You don't weigh in on foreign policy! Your opinion doesn't matter! You are the First Lady. Your job is to plant gardens and decorate rooms and let them blog about your clothes. You're ornamental, not functional. So, don't come into the oval and try to use your brain because no one cares.
- Mellie: You always did know just the right way to hurt me. I understand that you miss "her". But, to take it out on me? Really?
- Olivia: I don’t have to answer to you. I have to produce for you. I don’t do lost causes or tilt at windmills. I don’t perform miracles or do the impossible. I make cold calculations about difficult situations and I do not take on anything I know I won’t win. And i will win this. I just need you to trust me. I promise you. I will not let you die in here.
- Fitz: Liv?
- Olivia: No, pretend I’m somebody else. Somebody you hate. Hang up.
- Fitz: You hang up.
- Harrison: Gladiators in suits, remember? You know I’ve gotta make you say it.
- Quinn: Gladiators in suits.
The Other Women [2.2]
- Fitz: Can we skip to the end?
- Mellie: What?
- Fitz: You come in, tell me how I'm failing you, I yell, you yell, I feel guilty about yelling at the mother of my children, you're cold, and then you leave. Can we skip right to you leaving?
- Huck: This is where they took you.
- Quinn: Yeah.
- Huck: No, I mean, this is where they took you. Lindsay Dwyer. When they do something like that you can’t go back. They said seven people died in that explosion. They were wrong. It was eight. Let’s go home.
- Olivia: (talking about Pastor Drake) She was his mistress. The woman in the handcuffs. He loved her.
- Fitz: What do you want me to do, Liv? Tell me what to do and I'll do it.
- Olivia: Let me go.
- Fitz: Anything but that.
- Cyrus: I can’t have a baby with you. Because I already have a baby and his name is Fitzgerald Grant. And my baby is troubled and angry and exhausting, and brilliant and he might actually change the world if I can keep my eyes on him every minute and make sure he eats his vegetables and so I don’t have time or the energy or extra space in my soul for another baby, James. I’m sorry. I don’t. I can’t. I don’t have it in me to take care of someone else. Because I’m busy taking care of the United States of America.
Hunting Season [2.3]
- Olivia: (to Fitz) I am not yours. I don’t show up places because you want me. I am not yours. This is over.
- Mellie: Get over her.
- Fitz: Mellie…
- Mellie: You see her again, and I’ll blow you away. And I’m an excellent shot, remember?
Beltway Unbuckled [2.4]
- Fitz: You must really hate me. For falling in love with you…
- Olivia: Can I walk out of here or will I be stopped by Tom and Hal?
- Fitz: Liv–
- Olivia: Where can this go, really? Other than me joining the Mile High Club with you in Air Force One, how is there any future here?
- Fitz: Fine. We’re done.
- Olivia: What?
- Fitz: I’m letting you go. That’s what you want, right?
- Abby: If she would talk to someone, let someone in once in a while, maybe she wouldn’t wear out so many pairs of expensive shoes. To Hell with it. I’m going in.
- Verna: (about Olivia and Fitz) Liv, I’ve seen you two together. You breathe in sync.
- Olivia:: You have a very active imagination.
- Verna: You try so hard to get that man to walk away from you. Have you ever stopped to consider how painful it’s going to be if you succeed? If he actually does walk away?
- Olivia: I have no idea what you’re talking about.
- Verna: We worked on the general election together, and I’m not stupid. And we’ve been through far too much together to pretend. And you’re pushing him away because you think it’s the right thing to do, as if right and wrong are fixed.
- Cyrus: The only reason I let you through those gates is because he’s on the Hill right now. You can’t be here. He’s not doing well. He’s struggling. He’s suffering. And seeing you will make it worse.
All Roads Lead to Fitz [2.5]
- Cyrus: James is working at the White House press corps to punish me.
- Olivia: So separate your work life from your personal life.
- Cyrus: Really? How’s that working out for you?
- Mellie: Like you said, I am a terrifying, political animal. So, I want to be clear. I will not attend any more of those meetings again. If any of this comes up, I will deny, deny, deny. And if anyone ever asks me about Defiance --
- Cyrus: …Ok. First of all, you will attend whatever meetings you need to attend. They are not optional. Not for me, not for you, not for anyone else. Two, if this ever comes up, you won't have time to deny because that means we are already going down in flames. Three, you may be an animal, but I'm a monster…and I am much more terrifying than you can ever imagine.
- Harrison: Women like going to a nice restaurant, it's a universal truth.
- Huck: Will I need a reservation? It's tomorrow. That's too late to make a reservation.
- Harrison: You just hacked into the NSA's mainframe and you don't think you can make yourself a dinner reservation?
- Huck: Good point.
Spies Like Us [2.6]
- Olivia: You’re important to me.
Happy Birthday, Mr. President 2.8]
- Fitz: What’s wrong?
- Olivia: (exhales)
- Fitz: You pace in circles when something’s wrong. When you’re just thinking it’s back and forth. When something’s wrong, circles.
- Olivia: Did you need something, Mr. President?
- Fitz: You know you used to sound sexy when you call me Mr. President. Now it sounds like I’m just a gym teacher.
- Olivia: Did you need something, Mr. President?
- Fitz: The Sally Hemings-Thomas Jefferson comment was below the belt.
- Olivia: Because it’s so untrue?
- Fitz: You’re playing the race card because I’m in love with you? Come on! Don’t belittle us. It’s insulting and beneath you and design to drive me away. I’m not going away.
- Olivia: I don’t have to drive you away. You married and you have children. You’re the leader of the Free World. You are away by definition. You are away. You’re unavailable.
- Fitz: So this is about Mellie?
- Olivia: No, no, no! This is-
I smile at her and take off my clothes for you. I wait for you. I watch for you. My whole life is you. I can’t breathe because I’m waiting for you. You own me, you control me, I belong to you…”
- Fitz: You own me!
You control me. I belong to you. You think I don’t want to be a better man? You think that I don’t want to dedicate myself to my marriage? You don’t think I want to be honorable? To be the man you voted for? I love you. I’m in love with you. You’re the love of my life. My every feeling is controlled by the look on your face. I can’t breathe without you. I can’t sleep without you. I wait for you, I watch for you. I exist for you. If I could escape all of this and run away with you? There’s no Sally and Thomas here. You’re nobody’s victim, Liv. I belong to you. We’re in this together.
Blown Away [2.9]
- Olivia: Mellie’s let me visit him exactly once and then she revoked my privileges. I might not even get to say goodbye.
- Cyrus: I’m going to say this once, and I better not ever have to say it again. Don’t you ever again suggest to me that Fitzgerald Thomas Grant the Third is going to die. That is unacceptable coming from you. He calls you the love of his life. Don’t you dare give up on him.
One for the Dog [2.10]
- Edison: Olivia, if that letter from President Grant was forged, there will be joint congressional hearings and letters of impeachment. The Chief Justice of the Supreme Court will turn the Senate chamber into a courtroom, and you will be the star witness for the prosecution. Forging that letter, or helping whoever did, would be staging a coo. It is an act of domestic terrorism.
- Olivia: You have no idea what you're talking about.
- Edison: I am the leader of the Senate. If my job description requires, I won't hesitate to prosecute you to the fullest extent of the law. And guess what? I make the law. So you talk it over with whomever you need to talk it over with and you let me know when the President is ready to see me.
- Olivia: Goodbye, Edison.
- Becky: The president is not going to Camp David, is he?
- Huck: Nope.
- Becky: So, by the time I reach for gun, you would've put four bullets in me?
- Huck: Five. One for the dog.
- Mellie: How are you holding up?
- Olivia: Me? I’m fine.
- Mellie: It’s not easy living a lie, pretending everything’s perfect when it’s not. I learned that lesson a while ago. I keep asking myself, what am I going to do? I mean, I can keep the stories going for so long until…What if he never wakes? What am I gonna do? What are you going to do? Do you ever ask wonder that? What you’re gonna do without him?
A Criminal, a Whore, an Idiot and a Liar [2.11]
- Mellie: What do you think? What do you want? If you could have anything…
Fitz: I want a divorce.
- Fitz: Do you think I’ll make a good President?
- Olivia: I think you’ll make a great President.
- Olivia: You almost died.
- Fitz: Yes.
- Olivia: Don’t do it again.
- Fitz: Okay.
Truth or Consequences [2.12]
Nobody Likes Babies [2.14]
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot [2.15]
Boom Goes the Dynamite [2.16]
- Jake: (about Olivia) Fitz, my professional opinion is she seems harmless, so unless this is personal...
- Fitz: You're watching tapes and looking at photos. You don't know her. Olivia Pope is not what she seems.
- Jake: Of course. I didn't mean... I'm s--
- Fitz: I didn't mean to... It's just I'm... She's not a good person. Not the way you think. And this isn't personal. Nothing about this is personal.
- Olivia: I'm so sorry. This is not... I'm not a late person, and I don't want you to think that this meeting isn't a priority.
- Jake: It's a date.
- Olivia: What?
- Jake: You said "meeting". I'm not a client. I don't have a problem. I don't need fixing. I asked you out. You said yes. We dressed up. At the end of the evening, if all goes well, there will be... kissing. This is not a meeting. This is a date. And I don't want to insult you. You chose this restaurant. I'm sure the food is very good. But this is not a date restaurant. We can't have a date here. This is where dates go to die.
Top of the Hour [2.17]
Snake in the Garden [2.18]
Molly, You In Danger, Girl [2.19]
A Woman Scorned [2.20]
Any Questions [2.21]
White Hat's Back On [2.22]
- Cyrus: Your job has only two requirements, Sally. One is to not die. The other is to be loyal to the President. That's it!! Don't die, be loyal!!!
- Olivia: (Hearing sirens blasting from the speakerphone) Cyrus, where are you?
- Cyrus: (on the other line) It's nothing.
- EMT: He looks hypertensive.
- Olivia: Are you in an ambulance?
- Cyrus: I'm fine. These idiots are telling me I had a heart attack!
- Olivia: and Fitz: CYRUS!
- Olivia: We went too far. My people--Huck and Harrison and Abby and Quinn--I took them too far over the wrong cliff. We went so far that I don't know that we can get back, but you can get back. Run with Mellie by your side. You can win with Mellie by your side.
- Fitz: I want you by my side. We can do this together. You are going to be my first lady.
- Olivia: I can't leave them. They need me. I'm their gladiator.
- 'Rowan: Hello, Olivia.
- Olivia: (shocked) DAD???