Smallville (season 6)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Martha: Every world needs its heroes, Clark. They inspire us to be better than we are. And they protect us from the darkness that's just around the corner.
- Martha: I've lost my husband and now my son because of your games!
- Jor-El: We have both lost much, Martha Kent. But you must put aside your anguish if you wish to save your world.
- Raya: Zod is a soldier. He will kill you.
- Clark: If there was a way for you to save everyone you loved, wouldn't you risk dying?
- Raya: You truly are your father's son.
- Zod [in Lex]: So easily beaten. Disappointing.
- Clark: I won't let you destroy Earth, like you did Krypton.
- Zod [in Lex]: Jor-El couldn't stop me, and neither will his son.
- Clark: Then I'll die trying.
- Zod [in Lex]: But you won't be the only one. These humans you care so much about... swear your allegiance to me, and I'll allow the ones you love the most to live...Kneel before Zod.
- Lex: Look, I can never make up for what happened. All I can do is move forward and try to rebuild everything I've damaged.
- Lana: That might not be easy.
- Lex: Well, nothing worth it ever is.
- Lex: Well I forgot what a concerned parent you are. That's why you're having me followed, isn't it? To make sure I don't destroy the rest of the world?
- Lionel: If I were having you followed, son, you would never know it. I can guarantee you that.
- Chloe: When you escaped from that Kryptonian Land of the Lost, I bet you didn’t think that you’d be rewarded by having to save Lex Luthor while battling a raging head cold, huh?
- Clark: Not exactly the goodbye gift I was expecting, no.
- Chloe: I guess heroes don’t get sick days.
- Chloe: Clark, with a sneeze like yours, that says a lot about your lung capacity. Now just take a really deep breath and blow it out as hard as you can.
- Clark: That's a steel door, it's not a birthday cake.
- Chloe: I don't see anything else working. Come on, let's see what you got. Huff, puff, and blow this door down. [Clark blows] Good thing you didn't have garlic today.
- Chloe: You just take care of that cold. We've enough natural disasters around here without having to worry about Hurricane Clark looming off the coast.
- Lois: Miracles really do happen: man walked on the moon, call waiting was created, and Lois Lane got her first by-line on the front page of the Inquisitor.
- Chloe: Hey, that's great, Lo. I don't know how I feel about the alien angle, but...
- Lois: I wasn't too crazy about the E.T. spin, either, but my editor insisted it'd help sell papers, so...
- Clark: Well, let's hear it for journalistic integrity.
- Lois: Look, I swear, you guys, when I was writing that article, I don't know... I don't think I've ever been happier in my life. The thrill of discovery, the clacking of keys, the scent of fresh ink. Yeah, I think I've finally found my calling.
- Lex: Happiness is just a feeling of euphoria. It's your brain chemistry going into overdrive. That's why so many relationships fail when the honeymoon ends and reality sets in.
- Lana: Wow, have you always been such a romantic?
- Clark: Hey, how goes life living with Lois?
- Chloe: Closer to coffee, further from sanity, but, you know, until Metropolis University reopens, I guess... what is it they say about a gift horse?
- Clark: "Stay away from the mouth," which is difficult because Lois uses hers so much.
- Lex: You've always had an eye for beauty. It's a Latin name, formositas falsus. "Beauty that belies a dark nature."
- Clark: So, even your plants have hidden agendas.
- Lex: Well, I guess it all comes down to survival of the fittest. Doesn't it?
- Clark: A strange vine has cropped up over the ridge at Lone Pine. It's attacking people.
- Lex: And naturally you came to my little shop of horrors to foil my ingenious plot to repopulate the planet with vegetation. Sorry, Clark. I'm all out of evil.
- Lois: [to Oliver] Well, I wasn't going to give it to you, but the tights... you're totally pulling it off.
- Lex: You should see him in a tutu.
- Oliver Queen: Lex Luthor... with a girl that he doesn't have to inflate.
- Gloria: Kryptonians, always so hard and cold.
- Clark: You can't go home. I can't let you stay. What are we gonna do?
- Gloria: We'll have to let nature decide.
- Oliver: This is funny. You know, the way Lois talked about you, I thought you were gonna be a little bit more of a...
- Clark: Little more what? Of a geek?
- Lois: Well, you're not exactly jumping the velvet ropes at nightclubs, so...
- Clark: It's really nice to see that Lois has found someone who can overlook her personality.
- Oliver: Oh, don't worry about it, Clark. If I lived under the same roof with such a beautiful woman, I probably would mask my feelings in sarcasm, too.
- Oliver: [discussing Lois investigating the Green Arrow] Look, forget about this guy for the weekend. I can have you in Cancun by sunset, sipping margaritas.
- Lois: Well, as much as I'd love to be your beach bimbo, the only person I'll be spending my weekend with is into leather and has a perverted fetish for archery.
- Green Arrow: Looks like I'm not the only one with a secret. I hate to break it to you, tough guy, but you're on the wrong side.
- Clark: I'm not sure the police would agree.
- Green Arrow: Look around you. The days of the good guy running the show are over.
- Chloe: So, how did you let this guy slip through your fingers?
- Clark: This Green Arrow Bandit's got a lot of gadgets.
- Chloe: Gadgets? Against the Man of Steel?
- Clark: He's good, all right?
- Chloe: Fine, backing off. The Green Arrow Bandit? Is that really the name Lois came up with? If you ask me, I'd lose the "Bandit," but, not my story.
- Green Arrow: I saved you.
- Lois: Yeah, from goons who were trying to find you. They're not the only one with a "V" for vendetta on your little leather ass.
- Green Arrow: Little? I've been really working the glutes lately, too.
- Lois: Did the humor come with the costume?
- Green Arrow: Did the Tomb Raider routine come from wanting daddy's attention?
- Oliver: Clark, you have abilities I couldn't even dream of. And I admire that you use them to save the people you're close to.
- Clark: But?
- Oliver: But there's a whole world of people out there, Clark. They need us. With your potential... you can't wait for them to come to you. When you're ready to do something about that, you let me know.
- Oliver: Clark, I was wondering if my security system would keep someone like you out.
- Clark: Looks like you need an upgrade.
- Oliver: Or you need to learn how to knock.
- Oliver: I was thinking about developing a boxing-glove arrow, and then I thought, "come up with something a little fancier." [shoots an arrow] Contained Electromagnetic Pulse. Knocks out everything electrical within an 8-foot radius: cameras, laser systems... pacemakers. That last one was a joke, Clark.
- Clark: I'm laughing on the inside.
- Oliver: Maybe we'll get lucky one day and it'll bubble to the surface.
- Young Lex: What are you going do?
- Duncan: I'm going help people, like Warrior Angel.
- Young Lex: You better hit the gym. Spandex is tough to pull off.
- Lois: We've all done things we're not proud of. I just wish that Oliver didn't feel like he had to hide it from me.
- Clark: You know, sometimes in order to protect the people we love, we keep secrets.
- Lois: That is... totally retarded.
- Clark: Making the wrong choices and living with the consequences... it's not easy, is it?
- Oliver: Speaking from experience, huh?
- Clark: More than I'd like.
- Oliver: You know, we all make bad choices, Clark. All we can do is hope to make the right ones in the future, right?
- Chloe: Jimmy, this isn't a story. It's a hunch. Besides what were you doing playing stalker-azzi in the middle of the night following Lex Luthor around?
- Jimmy Olsen: Being proactive, hopefully nailing a front-page shot. You don't think some back-alley hand-off is suspicious?
- Chloe: I think Lex Luthor getting out of bed in the morning is suspicious.
- Clark: I haven't been the best son.
- Raya: Your father was hard on himself, too. He felt guilty that he couldn't save Krypton. His only redemption was sending you to save Earth.
- Clark: Save it from what?
- Raya: Extinction. Your civilization is going to destroy itself, just like Krypton. You should know this. It was part of your training.
- Clark: I haven't started my training. Now the Fortress is damaged. Jor-El tried to warn me, but I didn't listen. I mean, how could I trust someone who brought so much pain into my life?
- Raya: Pain is a part of anyone's journey, Kal-El. You can't escape it. You must accept your destiny.
- Baern: So this is Jor-El's famed Fortress of knowledge. I thought it'd be bigger.
- Clark: It doesn't matter. You won't be staying long.
- Baern: Big talk, big man. I'm surprised you're still standing. I guess Jor-El was right about how the yellow sun affects you Kryptonian cockroaches. But I'm back. And now, I'm supersized. This is the perfect place for the fall of the House of El. Paying for the sins of your father can be a bitch.
- Martha: It looks like Krypton gave us more than one hero.
- Clark: Mom, I know how much you love me and how much dad... but I've always felt different. Because I am. And Raya was the first person I ever met who could really understand that. And I don't think I ever really thought about what I'd lost... a family, a whole race of people who were just like me. For the first time, I'm ready to stop running from who I really am... from my destiny
- Lex: What do you think is faster, an arrow or a bullet?
- Green Arrow: There's only one way to find out.
- Clark: You're looking awfully healthy.
- Oliver: It's called exercise, Clark. It's something we mere mortals have to do from time to time.
- Clark: According to the Daily Planet, the Green Arrow was shot last night.
- Oliver: If I was shot, don't you think I'd be laying in a hospital or a morgue? I'm not bulletproof like you are, Clark.
- Oliver: Apparently, you were too busy using your powers to bale hay than to realize there's a crime wave in Metropolis. Let me ask you a question. Are you ever gonna get off your ass and finally do something for a change?
- Clark: I didn't come here to be insulted.
- Oliver: Well you know what? There's the door. I don't remember you being invited.
- Clark: Oliver, what's going on with you?
- Oliver: Clark, I don't need to take advice from someone whose only worry in life is to protect his own identity.
- Clark: Oliver, you're not a killer!
- Oliver: No, but he is, Clark. You and I both know the world's a better place without Lex Luthor.
- Clark: That's not for us to decide.
- Clark: What made you come to your senses?
- Oliver: Actually, you did. This whole time, I just wanted to be like Clark Kent, you know? I wanted to... I wanted to have the ability to bring justice to the world without having to worry about getting killed in the process. And then something occurred to me, and I realized that Clark Kent would never take another man's life. I came within an inch of doing just that. I'm not even in your league.
- Clark: Oliver, you do a lot of good in this world. You don't need to be indestructible to be a hero.
- Chloe: [to Clark] Look, I understand that you feel like all these psychopathic space invaders are your fault, but you can't keep it all inside. You feel the need to carry the world on your shoulders, and that's noble. But there are other people out there who want to help you fight the good fight, and you need to let them in. Because sometimes even heroes need to be saved.
- Lex: I thought I told you you're no longer a welcome guest at the mansion.
- Clark: Trust me, Lex, I don't want to be here either. But after what you've done...
- Lex: And exactly what did I do? Did I swat a fly with too much force?
- Chloe: Come on, Clark, you put a psycho killer away and you reunited a mother with her son. I mean, there are only so many hours in the day.
- Clark: Well, see, that's the thing. No matter how many people I save, I can't solve the world's problems.
- Chloe: I don't know anyone else who does more for this world than you.
- Clark: You realize the only reason Lex is doing this is to wash his hands of it.
- Lana: Lex had no idea what was going on on that farm.
- Clark: Lana, you don't believe that.
- Lana: Unlike some people I know, Lex doesn't lie to me.
- Clark: Or he just wants his name clear of murder and slavery, so he sends a messenger to do his cleanup work.
- Lois: I don't get it. Of all the photographers in Metropolis, how is it that you end up with the first shots of our merry archer?
- Jimmy: My connections.
- Lois: No. Really.
- Jimmy: Uh, well, the guy doesn't get out of the Suicide Slums much, so I just hung out there for a few weeks... in my car with my pepper spray and the doors locked.
- Lois: This is it? A bunch of arms and legs? Nice work, hotshot. I mean, you didn't even manage to catch one shot of his face. All these tell me about Green Arrow is that he needs a band-aid.
- Jimmy: Preliminary investigation is calling it suicide, but how's a guy who's larger than life drown in two feet of water?
- Chloe: Well, his career was over. And Lake was right; the coroner's report says that Dawson was juiced up on muscle mixers.
- Jimmy: Chloe, come on, you're going to tell me that someone on a 'roid rage is going to lie down in a koi pond and call it a day?
- Chloe: (sees the picture of Lois' kiss with Green Arrow) Oh, I feel dirty...
- Jimmy: Think about how Oliver feels. Lois and Clark put this whole scheme together because they thought Oliver was Green Arrow, but then-- pow!-- the poor sucker catches her sucking lip with leather daddy.
- Clark: People keep secrets for a reason.
- Lois: I don't know. If you ask me, I think a secret is just a big loophole in the whole "thou shall not lie" clause.
- Clark: There's just no gray area with you, is there?
- Lois: Not when someone I thought I knew better than anyone has been keeping the biggest secret of all.
- Clark: What are you talking about?
- Lois: What would you do if one day you realized someone close to you had a serious hero complex?
- Clark: Hero complex?
- Lois: Hiding his true identity from everyone he supposedly cares about? You can't tell me you wouldn't find something wrong with that.
- Clark: Who exactly are we talking about?
- Chloe: Clark, before you unload your anger on me, can I just say that I think it is incredibly unfair that everyone trusts me to keep their secrets, and then they turn around and they throw me attitude for keeping someone else's secret! Look, I'm sorry that I had to take a two-second breather from hiding the fact that you are an alien from another planet to protect someone else for a change! God! [Clark hugs her] You had that coming, you know?
- Clark: For the record... I prefer "intergalactic traveler" over "alien from another planet."
- Chloe: The craziest part is he chucked a guy across an alley, right? [Lois: Oh yeah] And then supersped away. I mean, WHO does that?
- Clark: Hmm. [pause] It's a good thing when Oliver showed up when he did. Then you know for sure.
- Chloe: Oh, she knew before he showed up.
- Clark: You did?
- Chloe: Ask her how.
- Clark: How?
- Lois: I kissed him.
- Chloe: Isn't that romantic? [Clark sighs and nods] Oh, I'm sorry Lois. Finish the story. [Clark tries to interrupt] This is the best part.
- Lois: Hmmm. Well, he was holding me in his arms, and - Ollie's a good kisser, don't get me wrong - but that Green Arrow? He could teach Ollie a thing or two.
- Oliver: Rain check?
- Lois: Sure. I'll just put it next to the rest of the umbrellas you keep handing me. I mean, is it just me or is this relationship all interruptus and no coitus?
- Bart: I want a lawyer.
- Lex: And I want a ponytail! Disappointment abounds.
- Victor: Ollie found me. I was living on the streets. He gave me a warm meal, roof over my head.... and a reason to go on living.
- Oliver: Did he just say something nice about me?
- A.C.: Maybe he's starting to rust.
- Clark: A.C., how'd you fall into all this?
- A.C.: I got into a little trouble sinking a whaler off the coast of Japan.
- Victor: A little trouble? That's what you're gonna go with? Ollie had to save your scaly butt from getting filleted.
- A.C.: I would have gotten out of it.
- Oliver: Before or after they packed you into a thousand little tin cans?
- Victor: Well, at least he would have been dolphin-safe.
- A.C.: Fish jokes. That's all I ever get are fish jokes.
- Oliver: Green Arrow to Watchtower, Boy Scout's out of the woods.
- Clark: "Boy Scout"?
- Oliver: Maybe if you hadn't run off all half-cocked, you could have picked your own code name.
- Lex: You.
- Green Arrow: You remember. I'm touched.
- Lex: Well, it's a little hard to forget. Last time we met, you put an arrow in my chest.
- Green Arrow: You put a bullet in mine. Bygones?
- Lex: Go to hell.
- Green Arrow: You first.
- Victor: Cyborg to Aquaman. Where the hell are you fish-stick?
(A door opens and Cyborg see a lot of guards in the floor)
- A.C.: What took you so long?
- Victor: Nice! But please, put a shirt on.
- A.C.: I swim faster when I´m naked.
- Victor: I bet you do.
- A.C.: (Smiles to Cyborg) You're lucky I still have my pants on.
- Oliver: Ever since my parents died, I've jumped around from city to city, from continent to continent and in all those years, not once have I regretted leaving anyone. But then I met you.
- Lois: Then stay.
- Oliver: I can't. Because there are more important things in this world than what I want.... and what I love. Someday I can explain why.
- Lois: Don't expect me to be waiting around for that when you get back.
- Oliver: I'm not coming back, Lois. At least not any time soon. I'm sorry. I never wanted to hurt you.
- Lois: Well, you finally got around to it anyway, didn't you?
- Oliver: This is it, the moment, right? The moment that I'm gonna regret for the rest of my life, isn't it?
- Lois: Yes.
- Clark: Impulse, Cyborg, Aquaman, Green Arrow. What do you guys call your team?
- Bart: I don't know. I've been thinking, you know, that we need something cool. We need something like.... like-
- Oliver: I was thinking about something with the word "justice" in it. After all, that's what Lex is gonna get a big dose of.
- Dr. Hudson: You suffer from paranoid schizophrenia. You have for a number of years... after the death of your birth parents in the Smallville meteor shower.
- Clark: See, it's not true. My birth parents were out of town for the meteor shower.
- Dr. Hudson: You were placed in the wonderful adoptive home of the Kents. But like many children, you invented a make-believe world to help you deal with the trauma you endured. You convinced yourself that you came from another planet, that you possessed special powers and you used them to save humanity.
- John: You're not crazy, Kal-El. We don't have much time, so listen to me closely. I believe you're from another planet.
- Clark: What makes you say that?
- John: Because like you, I'm not from here. I come from Mars. You can't trust anyone.
- Clark: I know who I am!
- Dr. Hudson: I'm not sure you do. Your name is Clark Kent, not Kal-El. And Jor-El isn't your father.
- [Dr. Hudson shows Clark a bottle of soap labeled "Jorel"]
- Woman: [over an intercom] Dr. Fine, Dr. Milton Fine, please report to level three, stat.
- Dr. Hudson: When the human mind has faced tremendous emotional pain, it has no choice but to protect itself. You've taken bits and pieces of your surroundings and created an alternate universe where you feel safe and secure. Clark... in a world where you truly have no power, you chose to give yourself superpowers.
- Lana: Okay. Let's say that I am a hallucination... and that your world really does exist. I'm about to marry your greatest enemy. You're an alien from another planet who's responsible for so much tragedy. Do you really want to live in that reality?
- Clark: I don't know what to believe anymore.
- Lana: Don't you just want to take this treatment and be with me?
- Clark: Of course I want to be with you... more than you could ever imagine.
- Lana: Then stop fighting, please. You've lived like this for so long, carried this burden of being a hero. It's time to just let go and live a normal life.
- Clark: I've never been normal.
- Lana: Your destiny isn't to save the world, Clark. It's to be with me for the rest of our lives.
- Lana: Are you gonna tell me? What's that look in your eye?
- Clark: I had a dream about you last night.
- Lana: I hope that it wasn't a nightmare.
- Clark: No! We were 10 years old and I gave you a plastic ring from of a gumball machine in Quinn's Market.
- Lana: That's sweet. What was the occasion?
- Clark: It was an engagement ring.
- Lana: So what happened next?
- Clark: [speaking softly] I woke up....
- Clark: The important part is... you were the one person who believed in me. I don't know what I'd do without you, Chloe.
- Chloe: Oh, is this when I'm supposed to cue the Barry Manilow music?
- Clark: What is it you always say about Valentine's Day? Oh, yeah. Our annual sneak peek at hell. That must have been before cupid struck.
- Chloe: Don't you think after being trapped in a front seat to the Clark/Lana opera that I deserve a good V-Day?
- Clark: You're the only person who can make me feel guilty, relieved, and a little sad all in one sentence.
- Chloe: It's a gift.
- Chloe: Lois and Clark?
- Jimmy: You got to admit, they got chemistry.
- Chloe: Yeah, so do nitroglycerin and peroxide, and I don't suggest putting them together.
- Lois: Please tell me we weren't just set up.
- Clark: Looks like it.
- Lois: Us. That's like hot fudge and halibut.
- Clark: I take it I'm the halibut.
- Lois: Naturally.
- Lois: Wait. I knew I'd kissed you before, in the alley. You're Green Arrow.
- Clark: Hardly. I was just pretending to be so you wouldn't know it was Oliver.
- Lois: Oliver? Oh, my god. All those times he disappeared... what is my deal with emotionally unavailable weekend warriors? Thank god I finally found a normal guy.
- Clark: What do you mean "normal"? Oliver's not even in the same league as me.
- Lois: You don't have to be macho just for me. I like the dorky farm boy thing.
- Clark: Dorkier than a hood and a quiver? Just because I don't wear a costume and splash my face all over the papers-
- Lois: Clark! So what if your signature move is driving a tractor? I think it's adorable.
- Clark: You know, Lois, I think that it's time for you to meet the real Clark Kent.
- Clark: [Taking Lana] C'mon Lana, if no one else in this room is gonna save you from Lex, then I will.
- Lois: [Holding Clark] I don't think so, Lana is your past.. I'm your future.
- Clark: This is the present.
- Lana: I'm not a competition.
- Clark: You are to Lex. He didn't tell you? He's always wanted everything I've ever had. And you were at the top of that list. You're just a trophy to him. And he's nothing but your consolation prize.
- Jimmy: Look, Clark, despite our differences, I think that you're a decent guy. Chloe obviously thinks that you can walk on air, so... who am I to stand in the way?
- Clark: Jimmy, hold on.
- Jimmy: But if you hurt her, I don't care how impossibly gigantic you are, I will chop you down like a cherry tree. And that, ain't no lie.
- Clark: It's nice to see that you'd risk ending up in traction to protect Chloe's honor.
- Jimmy: A girl like that... worth spending the rest of my life in a body cast.
- Clark: I feel the same way. As her friend. Nothing more, I swear.
- Martha: [to Lana] If you're taking the Luthor name, I guess armed guards and dodging the press go with the gold ring.
- Lex: Looks like you're working out some issues there.
- Clark: Just doing a little honest work, Lex. You should try it sometime.
- Lex: Why start now? My life's perfect.
- Lex: I just wanted to take a little sleigh ride down memory lane, visit the scene of the crime. Hey, here's where you took my fiancée after kidnapping her, right before you tried to kill me.
- Clark: I wasn't myself that night... I'm sorry.
- Lex: Sorry? What, that you didn't finish the job? You know, I'm still a bit fuzzy on the details, what with you trying to choke the life out of me, but what fascinates me is how after all that, Lana could still feel safe coming here.
- Clark: That was her choice. I had nothing to do with it.
- Lex: You never do. That's all right. You see, I understand the allure of trying to unravel the mystery of Clark Kent. I suffered from it once too. When I thought you mattered.
- Lex: [to Clark] What I want is to make Lana happy for the rest of her life. And I want you to be there on our wedding day... to see what you lost.
- Chloe: Face it, Clark, I'm a walking time bomb.
- Clark: Then consider me your own personal bomb squad.
- Chloe: Clark, I need you to X-ray me.
- Clark: What?
- Chloe: Clark, come on, we're both adults. Now just do it!
- Lionel: [reading Lana's letter to Lex] This will destroy Lex...I give you my word Ms. Lang, if you don't honor the promise that you gave my son, or I find out you've told anyone about this conversation I will kill Clark Kent.
- Clark: I waited for you....
- Lana: Clark!
- Clark: What happened?
- Lana: I'm..I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you...but I wanna be with Lex
- Clark: That's not true. He got to you didn't he?
- Lana: No, please just believe me and let it go.
- Clark: Let it go?...Let it go? Lana I love you....I love you!
- Chloe: Clark, slow down! I don't have enough money to hire a full-time maid to clean up every time you decide to blow in!
- Clark: What did you find?
- Clark: How could Lana do it? How could she marry Lex?
- Martha: I don't know Clark, but she made her choice.
- Clark: Or someone made it for her.
- Clark: I'm not going to punch you, Lois.
- Lois: Fine. Then you take the dive. (she punches Clark in his stomach and hurts her hand) That is not just a six-pack under your shirt! That's a steel kegger!
- Chloe: There is an old abandoned hospital on Paper Mill road, just like he said. And it's owned by--
- Clark: --LuthorCorp. It's probably another 33.1 franchise.
- Chloe: I was gonna go check it out, but I thought it would be more wise for me to come get my army of one.
- Chloe: Lex, I'm tired of playing hardball, or softball, or any ball for that matter. Game's over.
- Chloe: [on voice mail] Hey, Clark, it's me again. Where are you? I feel like your stalker ex-girlfriend, even though I was never your girlfriend. It was just an analogy - a bad one.
- Clark: I saw Lana the day of the wedding and she was gonna leave you. What did you do her?
- Lex: I don't know. The answer must have gotten lost in that dark abyss we call my soul.
- Clark: Were we ever really friends, Lex?
- Lex: I don't know. I have nothing to compare it to. You're the only real friend I've ever had, Clark. And somewhere along the way, you saw me as your nemesis, turned your back on me.
- Clark: Chloe, I've x-rayed these tunnels over a dozen times, and they all just seem to lead to Reeves Dam.
- Chloe: Maybe so, but if Lex is willing to go up against Tomb Raider for them, I can't retire my reporter's notebook just yet.
- Lana: I wonder how Martha Kent would handle hearing that you used her son as a bargaining chip? Tell me what you know.
- Lionel: Well, I see you've embraced wholeheartedly what it means to be a Luthor.
- Jimmy: I figured you could use an escape from your real-life soap opera.
- Chloe: What do you mean?
- Jimmy: Well, you live it every day, but from the outside your real life's got Cagney and Stanwyck written all over it. You've got your billionaire mogul, you got the confused damsel who chose money over love, and the mysterious best friend who shows up everywhere because he can't seem to get a real job. Not to mention the steadfast dame they all depend on.
- Chloe: Wow. A real glimpse in the mind of Jimmy Olsen. FYI, um, "dame"? Not so flattering.
- [Jimmy picks a lock]
- Chloe: When did you learn to do that?
- Jimmy: Some girls go for sports cars. I figure you're more of a lock-picking kind of girl.
- Bartender Lionel: You stroll in here with this crackerjack kid... You trying to land me in the cooler?
- Detective Clark Kent: Cool your jets, Mack. Jimmy's here just a little down on love. Ain't you, Jimmy?
- Bartender Lionel: Poor sucker. Man, dame's his poison.
- [Clark talks to Lana about Lex.]
- Clark: Lana, whatever reason you had to go through with the wedding — it was the wrong choice. You have no idea what he is capable of.
- Lana: You'd be surprised what I know.
- Clark: Then why are you still here?
- Lana: We all have our secrets, Clark. Sometimes we have to keep them to protect those we love.
- Lex: Every time I open my heart to someone, I end up getting hurt. If you ever betrayed me, I don't know what I'd do.
- Lana: I'd never hurt the man I love.
- Clark: It will be just like old times, like when you first got to Smallville
- Lois: You're just hoping to catch me in the shower again.
- [Clark lifts Lionel by his throat]
- Lionel: Clark, if Lana's spoken to you, I know what you must be thinking, but you've got to listen to me.
- Clark: I've listened to you for too long!
- Lionel: Lex is tracking a wraith from the Phantom Zone. I had to force Lana to marry him. It was the only way she could get close to him to get the information for me I need to help you.
- Clark: No. I never asked for your help. And I never will.
- Lionel: You're not a murderer. You're Kal-El.
- Clark: Don't call me by that name!
- Clark: Chloe, I told Lana my secret. She knows everything. She knows that... I'm an alien.
- Chloe: Wow. So, I guess we have a new charter member of the Clark Kent secret-keeping club... What did she say?
- Clark: She kissed me.
- Chloe: That's fantastic. You've been wanting this forever. You just... you must be on Cloud 99.
- Clark: I will be as soon as I deal with this Phantom.
- Chloe: Look, Lois, take it from someone who's gone up against the Lex Luthor army more than once. Not only will victory remain elusive, but you're almost certain to step on a land mine in the process.
- Lois: I'm the general's daughter, remember? I live for battle.
- Clark: [Clark superspeeds into Reeves Dam and pushes Lex up against the wall] She was your wife, Lex. Why did you do it?
- Lex: Now is not the time to lecture me about my marriage, Clark.
- Clark: Why'd you do it? Just tell me!
- Lex: GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF ME!
- Clark: You afraid she was gonna bring you down, or was it just too humiliating for you that she was gonna leave you? Why'd you have to kill her? Why?
- Lex: No.
- Clark: No. You don't to need act so surprised. You're the one who killed her. You put a bomb in her car. You're the one who killed her!
- Clark: I don't understand. None of this makes any sense.
- Lionel: It was when Lex was possessed with Zod. I became possessed with all your father's knowledge. I found myself writing, in Kryptonian, the symbol for power.
- Martian Manhunter: It was a beacon. The same beacon Jor-El used when he needed me.
- Clark: You knew my father?
- Martian Manhunter: I worked for Jor-El, bringing criminals to justice. When Krypton was on the verge of annihilation, he asked me to keep an eye out for you.
- Clark: Where have you been all these years?
- Martian Manhunter: Watching from a distance.
- Lionel: Your father wanted you to pass the test without any help. He wasn't to interfere unless it was absolutely necessary.
- Martian Manhunter: When you unleashed those phantoms, your life was at stake. I didn't have a choice.
- Lionel: Like what happened at the docks in Seattle.
- Clark: When that phantom infected my mind?
- Lionel: That's right.
- Martian Manhunter: Unfortunately, I've lost a step since then.
- Clark: What happened?
- Martian Manhunter: Nothing.
- [Clark opens Martian Manhunter's jacket and sees he was injured]
- Clark: That doesn't look like nothing.
- Martian Manhunter: I had a run-in with the last phantom. I have to leave Earth's atmosphere to heal, but first I must complete the job I started.