(Redirected from Soul Music)
- Valter Ojakäär (1983). Popmuusikast. Eesti Raamat. .
- Soul [is] music that arose out of the black experience in America through the transmutation of gospel and rhythm & blues into a form of funky, secular testifying.
- Soul is truth, … no matter where it comes from, no matter how it is presented.
- God would be a very selfish god if he gave all the soul to one race. … When one sings from the heart and it reaches another heart, that's soul.
- But now if I can wrap myself up in that song, and when that song gets to be a part of me, and affects me emotionally, then the emotions that I go through, chances are I’ll be able to communicate to you. Make the people out there become a part of the life of this song that you’re singing about. That’s soul when you can do that.
- Rhythm and blues used to be called race music. … This music was going on for years, but nobody paid any attention to it.
|This stub page needs quotations, links to Wikipedia, or very brief additions of identifying source of information. See how you can help Wikiquote expand it.|