Anna Mae Bullock (born November 26, 1939), known by her stage name Tina Turner, is a singer, dancer, actress, and author, whose career has spanned more than half a century, earning her widespread recognition and numerous awards. Born and raised in the American South, she is now a Swiss citizen.
- We nevah, evah, do nothin’ nice and easy. We always do it nice and rough!
- Well, it was a church person in the early days, Mahalia Jackson. And Rosetta Tharpe. These spiritual, very strong voices. I only knew that they were figures in the black race, recognizable and respected. But I must admit, I’ve always covered the songs of males. I haven’t followed up on women or listened to that much women’s music.
- Her answer on the question who her first musical influences were. Mark Bego: Tina Turner: Break Every Rule, 2005, page 18.
- I have a simple, childlike view of life, and I want to keep it. That’s why I never got into that Beverly Hills world. So many pretentious people. They just aren’t real.
- Oprah’s Interview with Tina Turner, 2005, page 10
- I am strong. I lived through a divorce, separation from my family. I never let it break me down. I’m not an alcoholic. I’ve never smoked, I’ve never done drugs. I’ve floated through the disaster of my past clean. I arrived here undamaged.
- Tina Turner is a soul survivor, Daily Express, 22th of November 2009
- What is life without a dream to hold?
Take my hand and never let me go.
- Cose della vita/Can’t Stop Thinking Of You (1998), English lyrics co-written with her guitarist James Ralston
Quotes about Tina Turner
- She’s a good-hearted woman in love with a good-timin’ man.
She loves him in spite of his ways she don’t understand.
With teardrops and laughter they pass through this world hand in hand,
A good hearted woman, lovin’ a good timin’ man.