Anna Mae Bullock (born November 26, 1939), known by her stage name Tina Turner, is a singer, dancer, actress, and author, whose career has spanned more than half a century, earning her widespread recognition and numerous awards. Born and raised in the American South, she is now a Swiss citizen.
|This musician-related article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- Who needs a heart, when a heart can be broken?
- I have a simple, childlike view of life, and I want to keep it. That's why I never got into that Beverly Hills world. So many pretentious people. They just aren't real.
- Oprah's Interview with Tina Turner, 2005, page 10
- I am strong. I lived through a divorce, separation from my family. I never let it break me down. I’m not an alcoholic. I’ve never smoked, I’ve never done drugs. I’ve floated through the disaster of my past clean. I arrived here undamaged.
- Daily Express, 22th of November 2009, Tina Turner is a soul survivor
- Well, it was a church person in the early days, Mahalia Jackson. And Rosetta Tharpe. These spiritual, very strong voices. I only knew that they were figures in the black race, recognizable and respected. But I must admit, I've always covered the songs of males. I haven't followed up on women or listened to that much women's music.
- Her answer on the question who her first musical influences were. Mark Bego: Tina Turner: Break Every Rule, 2005, page 18.