Spider-Man: Far From Home
Spider-Man: Far From Home is a 2019 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man, co-produced by Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios, and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing. It is a sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming, and the 23rd film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU). It stars Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man, Samuel L. Jackson, Zendaya, Cobie Smulders, Jon Favreau, J. B. Smoove, Jacob Batalon, Martin Starr, with Marisa Tomei, and Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio.
- Directed by Jon Watts. Written by Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers.
Peter Parker / Spider-Man
- The world needs the next Iron Man.
- I think Nick Fury just hijacked our summer vacation.
- Everywhere I go, I see his face. And the whole world is asking who's gonna be the next Iron Man. I don't know if that's me, Happy. I'm not Iron Man.
- I've kept my identity pretty guarded these past couple of years. I've faced a lot of deception, and I'm tired of the lies. So it's time for the truth to be out there. Are you dating?
- [Last lines] Everybody back to work! Who's got my shoes?
- You're a very difficult person to contact, Spider-Man.
- I used to know everything. Then I come back five years later, and now I know nothing. No intel, no team, And a high school kid is dodging my calls.
- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown. Stark said you wouldn't get that because it's not a Star Wars reference.
- You got gifts, Parker. But you didn't wanna be here. [Peter Parker: Mr. Fury, I–] I'd love to have you in Berlin, too. but you've got to decide whether you're going to step up or not. Stark chose you. He made you an Avenger. I need that. The world needs that. Maybe Stark was wrong– was he? The choice is yours.
Michelle "MJ" Jones
- [Peter Parker: MJ, I–] "–Am Spider-Man." [Peter Parker: What?] That's what you were gonna say, that you're Spider-Man.
- You know, Susan Yang thinks you're a male escort. [Peter Parker: What?! No! Of course I'm not a male escort.] Well, then, you're Spider-Man.
- IF YOU SAVED US, THEN WHY ARE WE ABOUT TO DIE?! [Ned & Betty: MJ!] [Happy Hogan: Stop it!] I'm sorry, okay?! I'm just– I'm obsessed with telling the truth even if it hurts other people's feelings!
Soren / "Maria Hill"
- The Elementals are here now. Attacking the same coordinates. Our satellites confirm it.
Harold "Happy" Hogan
- You're not Iron Man. You're never gonna be Iron Man. Nobody could live up to Tony. Not even Tony. Tony was my best friend, and he was a mess. He second-guessed everything he did. He was all over the place. The one thing that he did that he didn't second-guess was picking you. I don't think Tony would've done what he did, if he didn't know that you were gonna be here after he was gone.
- [Flash Thompson: You work for Spider-Man?] I work with Spider-Man, not for Spider-Man! [The jet suddenly explodes] New plan!
- I'm in love with Spider-Man's aunt! [The other kids shoot him a "WTF" expression.] We're sharing, right?
- We came for science. We're leaving because of witches. Welcome to the new Dark Ages.
- [To MJ after she finds out Spider-Man's identity] So you know too. It's cool. Um, I mean, I've known first and I've known longer, but it's not a competition.
- I wasted my life playing video games, and we're gonna die!
- Did I tell you how my wife pretended to blip out? Turns out she ran off with a guy in her hiking group. We had a fake funeral for her and everything. Well, the funeral was real. 'Cause we thought she was really dead.
- Hungry? [Throws a banana at Peter which hits him in the face] Oh, so sorry. I thought that you could sense that with your Peter-Tingle. [Peter Parker: Please do not start calling it my "Peter-Tingle".]
- Let's go. Where are your bags? Oh, right. They got blown up.
Quentin Beck / Mysterio
- There is a window of opportunity, and someone will step up. But these days, you can be the smartest guy in the room, the most qualified, and no one cares. Unless you're flying around with a cape, or shooting lasers with your hands, no one will even listen. Well, I've got a cape and lasers. With our technology, and with E.D.I.T.H., Mysterio will be the greatest hero on Earth! And then everyone will listen! Not to a boozy manchild! Not to a hormonal teenager! To me! And to my very wealthy crew.
- I don't think you know what's real, Peter. You need to wake up! I mean, look at yourself. You are just a scared little kid in a sweatsuit! I created Mysterio to give the world someone to believe in! I control the truth! Mysterio is the truth! If you were good enough, maybe Tony would still be alive. Deep down, you know I'm right. You made your choice, and all you had to do was step aside. And now you have– [Gets shot in the back by Fury]
- It's easy to fool people when they're already fooling themselves. But for what it's worth, Peter, I really am sorry.
- [Last words] You'll see, Peter. People, they need to believe. And nowadays... they'll believe anything.
Eugene "Flash" Thompson
- [Betty Brant: Who is that guy?] [Brad Davis: He's like Iron Man and Thor rolled into one.] He's alright. He's no Spider-Man. [Michelle Jones: What is it with you and Spider-Man?] What? He's just awesome, okay? He protects the neighborhood and, you know, he's inspiring. He inspires me to be a better man. [To Peter] 'Sup, dickwad? Thought you drowned.
- I post stupid videos daily for people to like me! [Happy Hogan: Hey, if it wasn't for those stupid videos. Spider-Man would've never found you.] Spider-Man– Spider-Man follows me?! I saved us, guys!
- Over five years ago, half of all life in the universe, including our own Midtown High, was wiped from existence. But then, eight months ago, a band of brave heroes brought us back. They called it the Blip. Those of us who blipped away came back the same age. But our classmates that didn't blip had grown five years older. [Jason Ionello: Yeah, like, my little brother is now older than me.] Yeah, it's math. And even though we had blipped away halfway through the school year, and had already taken midterms, the school made us start the whole year over from the beginning. [Jason Ionello: It's totally unfair. It's not right.] Tigers, it's been a long, dramatic, somewhat confusing road. As we draw this year to a close, it's time to move on to a new phase of our lives.
- I have a fake ID, and I've never even used it!
- Look, Peter. I'm not here to judge your life choices, dude. If you wanna hook up with some random European chick on our school trip, that's on you. [Peter Parker: That's not what that was, honestly.] I can't pretend that I didn't see what I just saw. I know you're trying to get with MJ. It's obvious. But I like her, too.
- And pray nothing crazy happens again. Because are the Avengers even like a thing anymore? Does anyone even have a plan?
- Take off your clothes. [Peter Parker: Excuse me?] You told Fury Spider-Man cannot be seen in Europe. So I made you this: another suit.
- E.D.I.T.H. stands for "Even Dead, I'm the Hero." Tony loved his acronyms. [Peter Parker: Yeah, he did.]
J. Jonah Jameson
- There you have it, folks: Conclusive proof that Spider-Man was responsible for the brutal murder of Mysterio! An inter-dimensional warrior who gave his life to protect our planet, and who will no doubt go down in history as the greatest superhero of all time. But that's not all, folks. Here's the real blockbuster. Brace yourselves, you might wanna sit down.
- Peter Parker: [Using Happy's phone] What's your password?
- Happy Hogan: "Password".
- Peter Parker: No, what is your password?
- Happy Hogan: "Password", the word-spell that-"password".
- Peter Parker: You're the head of security and your password is "password"?
- Happy Hogan: I–I don't feel good about it either.
- Peter Parker: I need a suit.
- Happy Hogan: A suit? [Gives a knowing smile and goes to the cockpit, pressing a button. The back of the jet opens up to reveal a workshop. Peter goes in, puts his hand on the scanner and the console activates]
- Peter Parker: [Both surprised and initially aprehensive] Okay, um– bring up everything you have on Spider-Man. [Console shows each of the holograms of different Spider-suit designs. Peter opens one of the secondary files] Yeah, open that. Okay, no, no, no– [Scrolling through different weapons as Happy proudly looks on. Peter opens a holo of a web-shooter and puts his hand through it, causing the holo to attach to his arm. Peter notices Happy looking at him] What?
- Happy: Nothing– you take care of the suit, I'll take care of the music. [Goes back to the cockpit and turns on "Back In Black" by AC/DC]
- Peter Parker: Oh, I love Led Zeppelin!
- [Mid-credits scene]
- Pat Kiernan: We come to you now with revelations about last week's attack in London. An anonymous source provided this video, it shows Quentin Beck, aka, Mysterio, moments before his death. A warning: You may find this video disturbing.
- [Cut to altered footage of the Tower Bridge battle]
- Mysterio: I managed to send the Elemental back through the dimensional rift, but I don't think I'm gonna make it off this bridge alive. Spider-Man attacked me for some reason. He has an army of weaponized drones, Stark technology. He's saying he's the only one who's gonna be the new Iron Man, no one else.
- E.D.I.T.H.: Are you sure you want to commence the drone attack? There will be significant casualties.
- Spider-Man: Do it. Execute them all.
- [Cut to voice-over as Peter and MJ watch]
- Pat Kiernan: This shocking video was released earlier today on the controversial news website, 'TheDailyBugle.net.'
- [Cut to J. Jonah Jameson news screen]
- J. Jonah Jameson: There you have it, folks: conclusive proof that Spider-Man was responsible for the brutal murder of Mysterio! An inter-dimensional warrior who gave his life to protect our planet, and who will no doubt, go down in history as the greatest superhero of all time! But that's not all, folks, here's the real blockbuster. Brace yourselves, you might wanna sit down.
- [Cut back to altered footage of the Tower Bridge battle]
- Beck: Spider-Man's real– Spider-Man's real name is..... Spider-Man's name is Peter Parker!
- [Peter's picture appears on screen; cut to Peter]
- Spider-Man: [Horrified and angry] What the fu–!
- Tom Holland as Peter Parker / Spider-Man / Night Monkey, a New York teenager with spider powers who is trying to be normal after the Infinity War.
- Samuel L. Jackson as Nick Fury, the former director of SHIELD who has taken on the role of Peter's mentor.
- Zendaya as Michelle "MJ" Jones, Peter's main love interest and the captain of the Midtown Academic Decathlon team.
- Cobie Smulders as Maria Hill, Nick's right-hand woman and a former SHIELD agent.
- Jon Favreau as Harold "Happy" Hogan, the (Fore)Head of Security at Stark Industries.
- J. B. Smoove as Julius Dell, Peter's teacher.
- Jacob Batalon as Ned Leeds, Peter's best friend and Betty's boyfriend.
- Martin Starr as Roger Harrington, Peter's teacher.
- Marisa Tomei as May Parker, Peter's aunt.
- Jake Gyllenhaal as Quentin Beck / Mysterio, a former Stark Industries employee.
- Tony Revolori as Eugene "Flash" Thompson, Peter's bully.
- Angourie Rice as Betty Brant, Ned's girlfriend and the co-host of Midtown News.
- Remy Hii as Brad Davis, Peter's rival.
- Numan Acar as Dimitri Smerdyakov, a SHIELD agent.
- Jorge Lendeborg Jr. as Jason Ionello, the co-host of Midtown News.
- Toni Garrn as Seamstress, a SHIELD agent.
- Peter Billingsley as William Ginter Riva, a former Stark Industries employee.
- Dawn Michelle King as E.D.I.T.H., the artificial intelligence in Tony Stark's glasses.
- Ben Mendelsohn as Talos, a Skrull.
- Sharon Blynn as Soren, a Skrull.
- J. K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson, the host of TheDailyBugle.net.