Marvel Comics, Inc. is the world's largest comic book company and is perhaps best known for publishing the adventures of Spider-Man, the Incredible Hulk and the X-Men.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc., commonly referred to as Marvel Comics and formerly Marvel Publishing, Inc. and Marvel Comics Group, is an American publisher of comic books and related media. In 2009, The Walt Disney Company acquired Marvel Entertainment, Marvel Worldwide's parent company.
Marvel Comics the well known perhaps other original highest-grossing, best-selling and longest-running early era media franchises such as Spider-Man, Hulk, X-Men, Captain America and other Marvel characters.
- Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
- New Warriors
- Nextwave; Agents of H.A.T.E.
- Avengers Forever
- Young Avengers
- New Avengers
- Astonishing X-Men
- Ultimate X-Men
- Uncanny X-Men
- X-Men; Pixie Strikes Back
- Misc X-titles and Limited Series
- The Avengers (2012 film)
- Iron Man
- Spiderman 2
- Spiderman 3
- X-Men (film)
- X2 (film)
- X-Men: The Last Stand
- X-Men Origins: Wolverine
- Spider-Man: The Animated Series
- Spectacular Spider-Man
- X-Men: Animated Series
- X-Men: Evolution
- Wolverine and the X-men
About Marvel Comics
- If you had two things, and on one you earned 100% of the revenues from the efforts that you put into making it, and the other you earned a much smaller percentage for the same amount of time and effort, you’d be more likely to concentrate more heavily on the first, wouldn’t you?
- Tom Brevoort, Marvel Still Sabotaging X-Men And The Fantastic Four, Sean O'Connel, Cinema Blend, 2015.
- Wired: …what’s the relationship like with the comic book side of the company? Is there back-and-forth?
- Feige: Absolutely. That started on Iron Man.
- Wired: Oh right, with Adi Granov 's designs.
- Feige: That was one of the big ones. We have fans, like myself, who spend a lot of money on three-dimensional statues. Now, look at the state Iron Man was in, even at the high-end, before the movie came out. It may as well have been gold tights, right? But then we lucked out on all of them, right? All of the characters had modern incarnations that proved to be helpful jumping-off points. Adi’s version was that for Iron Man.
- Wired: Sure. And Joe did it for Thor, and Hitch and Neary did Captain America.
- Feige: Yeah, exactly. So we weren’t starting from scratch, from the Jack Kirby designs — which by the way, there would be worse things to start from.
- Kevin Feige, "Kevin Feige Tells How Marvel Whips Up Its Cinematic Super Sauce", Adam Rogers, WIRED, 5/1/12.
- I fell in love with the notion of movies being a thing that can help us escape and also teach us lessons and make us better people.
- Kevin Feige Marvelous Vision Steve Fisher, Costco Connection, 8/2/18.
- I enjoyed my time at Marvel, and the people there, but it was time to go. I left Marvel because I'd hit the glass ceiling. I was never going to be promoted, so if I intended to make a mark in the business, it would be as a freelance writer, not an editor. Leaving Marvel allowed me to take assignments at several other companies, and ultimately, to help found Milestone.
- Dwayne McDuffie, "Race Sci-Fi and Comics: A Talk With Dwayne McDuffie", Evan Narcisse, The Atlantic, 5 March 2010.
- I think they’re so complete now, Marvel. They probably don’t need me anymore. But if they needed me? I’d love to. It’s great to be wanted.
- Sam Raimi, Admits he 'messed up' Spider-Man 3, would 'love' another chance, The Week, Scott Meslow, 29 October 2015.
- It's kind of a difference based upon mood and vibe of the material. There's something about the stoic heroes of DC that could be contrasted against the hyperkinetic heroes of Marvel.
- Alex Ross, “Meet the artist who put a realistic spin on comic book superheroes”, CBS News, December 22, 2018.
- It was nice in a way to work with more obscure Marvel characters because then the audience wouldn’t have a strong expectation of what they were going to find. It gives us a lot of creative freedom.
- Chris Williams, "‘Big Hero 6’ Interview: Don Hall and Chris Williams Talk Disney’s First Marvel Animated Film", EelyajekiM, Geeks of Doom, 23 February 2015.