Spy Kids is a 2001 family film starring Alexa PenaVega and Daryl Sabara. Upon finding that their average-Joe parents were superspies, working with the OSS, Carmen and Juni's parents get kidnapped by entertainer Fegan Floop. So the kids set out to rescue their parents.
- My parents can't be spies, they aren't cool enough!
- So are we.
- Sorry Juni, you can't be a spy.
- That's the safehouse?
- I'm toast.
- (upon finding his father as a Fooglie) The one I drew. ...It's Dad.
- Looks more like an outhouse.
- That's because I'm mad! You kidnapped my parents, made robot children, and swallowed up my sister!
- I never wanted any of that.
- Oh great. From sweaty hands, sprout warts. Do you know why you have sweaty hands?
- You don't look very scared to me.
- Thank you Minion. Now all I have to do is to make them work for real.
- Juni: (puts on sunglasses) Ew, gross!
- Carmen: What do you see?
- Juni: You!
- Carmen: [sarcastic] Very funny.
- Ms Gradenko: Hi, I'm Ms Gradenko, we worked with your parents.
- Carmen: We?
- Ms Gradenko: Oh, I can understand you don't trust me. You were a baby when we first met. [Opens door and enters] Remember me now? [Carmen shakes her head.] Sorry. I have a key, you see? We're all on the same side. We're here to protect you.
- Carmen My mom has a bracelet like that.
- Ms Gradenko: OSS, standard issue. We all have one.
- Carmen: OSS? You work with my parents?
- Ms Gradenko: Yes. [Her men start walking round the safehouse and begin examining objects] Now, please listen closely. Open your ears. Your father was able to send one last communique this morning before he disappeared. It consisted of 5 letters: F-L-O-O...P.
- Juni: [in disbelief] But you're wrong. Fabulous Floop would never do that.
- Ms. Gradenko: Oh, trust me, he's not that fabulous. In fact... [displays the photos of the Fooglies] recognize these?
- Juni: Floop's Fooglies. I got toy versions.
- Ms. Gradenko: This is what they look like before he mutated them. [Gradenko shows that the Fooglies are actually mutated secret agents.]
- Carmen: You mean these mutants are captured secret agents?
- Ms. Gradenko: We're dealing with a genius.
- Carmen: [to Juni] Told you Floop was a freak.
- Ms. Gradenko: And you know that cute little tuneless song the characters sing? Play it backwards.
- Fooglies: We're trapped! Floop is a madman! Help us! Save us! Floop is a madman! Help us! Save us!
- Ms. Gradenko: A cry for help.
- Carmen: [Referring to the Fooglies] Will Floop do that to Mom and Dad?
- Ms Gradenko: Definitely.
- Carmen: Felix said that he has a message for the OSS, and here you are.
- Ms Gradenko: Here I am. What's the message?
- Carmen: The Third Brain lives.
- Ms Gradenko: (fake impressed gasp) You have just joined the ranks of women in the OSS. Brilliant.
- Juni: (rolls eyes) Girls.
- Juni: Carmen! They're working for Floop! (Carmen runs to Juni and holds up gadget)
- Ms Gradenko: (laughs) You don't even know what those are!
- Carmen: (throwing stance) I know they're heavy.
- Carmen: [Juni contacts her through the walkie talkie] What?!
- Juni: [into walkie-talkie] Where did you go?
- Carmen: I'm right behind him! Where are you?!
- Juni: I'm toast.
- Juni: Don't drop me!
- Carmen: I'm not going to drop you! (drops Juni) Oops.
- Ms Gradenko: Have a seat, Mr Lithp, you'll be more comfortable.
- Mr Lisp Actually it's Lisp. (Sits down)
- Mr Lisp: My army, Ms Gradenko, is the only comfort I need.
- Minion They're right on their way, sir.
- (Minion is speaking to Lisp on the TV)
- Minion The "fabulous Floop" is not with us, sir. Your army is complete. The Ultimate Destructive Force is now within your hands.
- Lisp: I'll believe that. When I see it. (cuts off his webcam)
- [Minion sits back. Ms Gradenko places her hand on his shoulder.]
- Minion: Welcome back, Ms Gradenko. [Minion takes Gradenko's hand and kisses it.]
- Ms. Gradenko: [Revealed to be half-bald] It's good to be back Alex. Let's never have children.
- Alexa PenaVega (credited as Alexa Vega) as Carmen Cortez
- Daryl Sabara as Juni Cortez
- Carla Gugino as Ingrid Cortez
- Antonio Banderas as Gregorio Cortez
- Dan Trejo (credited as Danny Trejo) as Isador "Machete" Cortez
- Cheech Marin as Felix Gumm
- Teri Hatcher as Ms. Gradenko
- Alan Cumming as Fegan Floop
- Tony Shalhoub as Alexander Minion
- Robert Patrick as Lisp
- George Clooney as Devlin
- Michael Judge (credited as Mike Judge) as Donnagon Giggles / Donnamight