Spy Kids is a 2001 family film starring Alexa PenaVega and Daryl Sabara. Upon finding that their average-Joe parents were superspies, working with the OSS, Carmen and Juni's parents get kidnapped by entertainer Fegan Floop. So the kids set out to rescue their parents.
- My parents can't be spies, they aren't cool enough!
- So are we.
- Sorry Juni, you can't be a spy.
- That's the safehouse?
- I'm toast.
- (upon finding his father as a Fooglie) The one I drew. ...It's Dad.
- Looks more like an outhouse.
- That's because I'm mad! You kidnapped my parents, made robot children, and swallowed up my sister!
- I never wanted any of that.
- Oh great. From sweaty hands, sprout warts. Do you know why you have sweaty hands?
- You don't look very scared to me.
- Thank you Minion. Now all I have to do is to make them work for real.
Juni: (puts on sunglasses) Ew gross! Carmen: Why? What do you see? Juni: You!
- Ms Gradenko: Hi, I'm Ms Gradenko, I worked with your parents.
- Carmen: Really?
- Ms Gradenko: Oh, I can understand you don't trust me, you were a baby, when we first met. (Opens door and enters)
- Ms Gradenko Remember me now?
- Carmen: No.
- Ms Gradenko: It's OK, you see. Look, I've got a bracelet, same side. We'll protect you.
- Carmen My mom has a bracelet like that.
- Ms Gradenko: OSS, Standard issue. We all have one.
- Carmen: OSS!? You work with our parents?
- Ms Gradenko: Of course. (Her men start walking round the safehouse and begin examining objects)
- Ms Gradenko: Now listen closely. Open your ears. Your father managed to send a message to the OSS just before he was captured. It consisted of five letters. F-L-O-O-P.
- Juni: (Sadly) I thought Floop was a genius.
- Ms Gradenko: Oh, trust me, he's not that fabulous. In fact, you see this: (Plays video; Fooglies singing "Poolf si a namdam pleh su evas su")
- Ms Gradenko: But if you play it backwards - (Fooglies now singing "Floop is a madman, help us, save us."
- Ms Gradenko: It's a cry for help.
- Carmen: (Referring to the Fooglies) Floop's gonna do that to Mom and Dad?
- Carmen: Uncle Felix said that he has a message for the OSS, and here you are.
- Ms Gradenko: Here we are! What's the message?
- Carmen: The Third Brain lives.
- Ms Gradenko: (fake impressed gasp) You have just joined the ranks of women in the OSS.
- Juni: (rolls eyes)
- Juni: Carmen! They're working for Floop! (Carmen runs to Juni and holds up gadget) *Ms Gradenko: (laughs) You don't even know what those are!
- Carmen: (throwing stance) I know they're heavy.
- Juni: (into walkie-talkie) Carmen, where are you?
- Carmen: Right behind him, where are you?
- Juni: I'm toast.
- Juni: Don't drop me!
- Carmen: I'm not going to drop you! (Carmen drops Juni)
- Carmen: Oops.
- Ms Gradenko: Have a seat, Mr Lithp, you'll be more comfortable.
- Mr Lisp Actually it's Lisp. (Sits down)
- Mr Lisp: My army, Ms Gradenko, is the only comfort I need.
- Minion They're right on their way, sir.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ (Minion is speaking to Lisp on the TV)
- Minion The "fabulous Floop" is not with us, sir. Your army is complete. The Ultimate Destructive Force is now within your hands.
- Lisp: I'll believe that. When I SEE IT. (cuts off his webcam)
- Minion sits back. Ms Gradenko places her hand sexily on his shoulder. Minion takes her hand and kisses it. Minion: It's good to have you back with us, Ms Gradenko.
- Ms Gradenko: (Revealed to be half-bald) It's good to be back Alex. Let's never have children.
- Alexa PenaVega as Carmen Cortez (as Alexa Vega)
- Daryl Sabara as Juni Cortez
- Carla Gugino as Ingrid Cortez
- Antonio Banderas as Gregorio Cortez
- Dan Trejo as Isador "Machete" Cortez (as Danny Trejo)
- Cheech Marin as Felix Gumm
- Teri Hatcher as Ms. Gradenko
- Alan Cumming as Fegan Floop
- Tony Shalhoub as Alexander Minion
- Robert Patrick as Lisp
- George Clooney as Devlin
- Michael Judge as Donnagon Giggles / Donnamight (as Mike Judge)