Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The US wants only 51 per cent adherence as against 100 per cent adherence demanded by Russia.
- Supporting India's alliance with the US, as quoted in "US A Better Ally For India: Subramanian Swamy", Rediff (29 December 1999)
- National politics has become devalued today because of casteism, communalism and regionalism. A few seats from one state is enough to launch you nationally.
- As quoted in "The Rediff Interview: Subramanian Swamy", Rediff (1 February 2001)
- I was later called by Morarji Desai who said I should not press the matter as it was in the national interest that the basement be kept sealed. The government has something to hide and the issue should be thoroughly investigated.
- Once, at a get together, I called him my guru and explained the gurukul system of our rishis. He said: "Ah! That is what the US needs." Samuelson was a rishi in the way he treated his chosen students and saw them through difficulties. He was a great and gentle guru.
- On Paul Samuelson, as quoted in "Subramanian Swamy: Samuelson - A genius who was my guru", Business Standard (22 December 2009)
- Earlier, the scams were related to the defence deals, where things were difficult. Now, they have got into things within the country. And since there are lots of players, some of them spill the beans.
- On the scams under UPA government, as quoted in "I saved prime minister in telecom scandal, says Swamy", Gulf Times (4 November 2010)
- It is first of all factually correct that Muslims of India have DNA wise the same DNA as us. And therefore there is nothing wrong with them acknowledging that their ancestors are Hindus. If they say Hindus are not their ancestors, then who could be their ancestors? Now after all we created Pakistan for those Muslims who didn't consider themselves as ready to live with their Hindu brothers.
- As quoted in "Indian Muslims have Hindu ancestry: Subramanian Swamy", IBNLive (14 April 2011)
- Fanatic Muslims consider Hindu-dominated India an unfinished chapter of Islamic conquests.
- As quoted in "'Swamy hate piece violates the law': Minority panel Chief", NDTV (30 July 2011)
- Amartya Sen is not Indian. He had lost his Indian-ness after he left his Bengali ex-wife and married two foreign females. He has lived abroad and only visits the country for a couple of months, which cannot make you Indian.
- On Amartya Sen, "Sen 'lost Indian-ness' after dumping Bengali wife for foreign brides: Swamy", Business Standard (23 July 2013)
- It has a very small life span. It is a party led by people committed to naxal ideology. They are not improving the society, but rather disrupting it.
- On Aam Aadmi Party, as quoted in "AAP is led by people committed to naxal ideology, alleges Subramanian Swamy", India Today (13 December 2013)
- If Bangladesh does not agree to take back its people, then the country should compensate by giving land to India.
- On illegal migration from Bangladesh, "Bangladesh should compensate with land for influx: Subramanian Swamy", The Times of India (19 April 2014)
- I feel that only those who have been oppressed by the society and have been forced to live a backward life should given reservations. If Muslims want to study, then should be given scholarships, good schools, But Muslims and Christians can't have reservation as they have ruled our country.
- On giving reservations to Muslims and Christians, as quoted in "Muslims and Christians shouldn't ask for reservation, says Subramanian Swamy", DNA India (16 June 2014)
- He (President Obama) should mind his own business. Two million Hindus who are working there (in the US) are not allowed to build their temples; they are not allowed to celebrate Diwali. He only gives lectures here. He says in America they have worked out a harmony. In America, the majority was brutalising the minority. In India, for 800 years, the Islamic minority was brutalising the majority Hindus.
- On Barack Obama's speech on religious tolerance in India, "Obama shouldn't lecture India on religious tolerance: Swamy", Zee News (28 Janauary 2015)
- A mosque is not a religious place. It is just a building. It can be demolished any time. If anyone disagrees with me on this, I am ready to have a debate on the issue. I got this information from people of Saudi Arabia.
- On demolishing mosques to build roads, as quoted in "Mosque is not a religious place: BJP leader Subramanian Swamy", Hindustan Times (15 March 2015)
- We Hindus offer Lord Krishna's package to Muslims--give us 3 temples and keep 39,997 masjids. I hope Muslim leaders don't become Duryodhans.
- On the Ayodhya dispute, as quoted in "Give us 3 temples, keep 39,997 mosques: Subramanian Swamy to Muslims", Zee News (10 January 2016)
- There is only one way to purify JNU. Shut down the university for four months, question every student, especially those pursuing courses in political science and sociology who are extending their stay by several years while insulting the nation.
- On the sedition charges against Kanhaiya Kumar and other JNU students, as quoted in "Purify JNU by shutting it for 4 months to weed out jihadists: Swamy", Hindustan Times (23 February 2016)
Quotes about Swamy
- I saw an upset-looking gentleman alongside me watching the fire. I asked why he was there. He said that all the notes and research for his current book, inside that building, was literally going up in smoke. That was Subramanian Swamy, then a young economics instructor.
- Punishment for uttering politically incorrect ideas, often with little regard for fair procedure, has plagued Harvard students, faculty members, and even, in the eyes of some, one now-former Harvard president over the past two decades. The disgraceful action taken against Professor Swamy is par for the course.