About the Anonymous Edit
That was me editing it anonymously. I'm sorry, I forgot to log in. I was writing a report on this, and there were a number of quotes I've run across that I thought I'd post here. Since I'm writing a scholarly work on this subjec, I think that if I write something really brilliant I might even quote myself. --Ollie Garkey 20:31, 10 April 2006 (UTC)
Is that Frank Zappa quote for real or is it a result of Vandalism? --JD
- It certainly seems suspicious. I'm not going to remove it though, becuse I don't have an account here. —Springeragh (Wikipedia IP talk) 20:09, 6 October 2006 (UTC)
- Beauty is in the heart of the beholder.
- Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it.
- Sight is a big part of our existence, but it shouldn't make us blind to other things.
- Moira Doolan on beauty and aesthetics.
- To know that what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms -- this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness.
- A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human soul.
- Anybody who preserves the ability to recognize beauty will never get old.
- Nothing is more powerful than beauty in a wicked world.
- Amos Lee
- Beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, but in the hand of an artist
- Mary Duvenhage
- Enthusiasm is the most beautiful word in the world.
- Christian Morgenstern (1871-1914).
- Beauty is in the imagination of the beholder.
- David Newell
- Remember how in that communion only, beholding beauty with the eye of the mind, he will be enabled to bring forth, not images of beauty, but reality (for he has hold not of an image but of a reality), and bringing forth and nourishing true virtue to become the friend of God and be immortal, if mortal man may.
- Beauty is it's own excuse for being.
- Margaret Skinner's matchbox.
- I am sure that you heard it said that appearance does not matter so much and that it only matters what is on the inside. This is, of course, utter nonsense, because if it were true then people who were good on the inside, would never have to comb their hair or take a bath and then the whole world would smell worse than it already does.
- The gift which you possess ... is not an art, but, as I was just saying, an inspiration; there is a divinity moving you... For all good poets, epic as well as lyric, compose their beautiful poems not by art, but because they are inspired and possessed...
- If truth is beauty how come nobody has their hair done in a library?
- "Smash, smash the old laws" habitual beauty becomes narcotic eventually; it can be rediscovered, but only dialectically, by contrast, by the creation of new, brutally shocking beauty, beauty that seems barbarism at first. And the creation of such new beauty is the first step for anyone who would a god, and not a slave of dead gods. It is in the war between great seeking and great boredom that new beauty is born.
- Beauty is only skin deep.
- Proverb. Possible origin
- Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ~ Proverb
- She who is born a beauty is born betrothed.
- Italian proverb
- When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other.
- Walk on a rainbow trail; walk on a trail of song, and all about you will be beauty. There is a way out of every dark mist, over a rainbow trail.
- Navajo song
- Beauty always comes with dark thoughts. ~ Nightwish ~ "Wish I Had An Angel".
- Beauty is a curse on the world. It keeps us from seeing who the real monsters are. ~ The Carver, Nip/Tuck
- "Beauty is in the eye of the BEERHOLDER"- WC Fields or Rodney Dangerfield ?
- Beauty is found within.
- "Belle" in Beauty and The Beast.