Manga chapters/ anime episodes
How about adding the Manga chapter and anime episode where the quote was first mentioned to the quotes? 18.104.22.168 19:29, 25 May 2010 (UTC)
Someone's been deleteing quotes
Okay, maybe it's not my thing, but as one who posted some quotes, and opened a major section for Kenpachi, which were properly put where they belong, I must mention an user under this IP: 22.214.171.124
Okay dude, I understand that I wrote something incorrectly in grammatical way, since English is not my home-land language, and you fixed it. But some of the quotes you edited, it lost on it's power (like one with CAPS on) and you erased some quotes, which were in their place. I don't think you were fair to other users. Not only in this section, but even in others. You also removed the explanations in (), which were there to EXPLAIN to someone, when did that happened. You know, not everyone who comes to this page, hasn't watched whole Bleach, and some of few don't even remember a moment when it happened, so it serves like a little mind refresher.
Please continue to edit incorrectly written sentences, but DON'T erase anything, only in case it doesn't belong there.
Cheers --MugenTaichou 00:07, 29 March 2008 (UTC)
"Nice to meet you Shinigami I am Arrancar Number 6 Grimmjow" "Grind, Pantera!" (To Ichigo) "Hey! Who do you think I am? I don't come here to butcher lambs. I'm taking it easy on you. Hurry up and unleash your Bankai, otherwise you're gonna be full of holes like that lump of Shinigami over there!!" (To Ichigo) "Don't disappoint me, Shinigami!" (To Ichigo) [Laughs] "Bring it on, Shinigami! Now I can say that there is a reason to kill you!" (To Ichigo) "Remember my name, and pray you never hear it again. Cause next time you hear it, you're dead meat... Grimmjow Jaegerjaquez..." (To Luppi) "Later, ex-number six!" (About Ulquiorra) "I'll teach him what happens when you steal someone else's prey." (To Ichigo) "...Eat this! This is...the strongest cero which only the Espadas are allowed to use. Gran Ray Cero!!!" (To Ichigo) "I... I'll never go down... TO SOMEONE LIKE YOU!" "I am...I am the king!" (To Ichigo) "I don't care if you're a human, a Shinigami or an Arrancar! I'll crush anybody who looks down on me! And you, Kurosaki... will be the first to go!"
moved from meta:user talk:Aphaia
Can you please tell me why I am unable to edit a page that I did contribute, and am trying my very best to keep up to date with the originality anime-quotes need? Yes, there's been a so-called "editing war" between myself some other member, but the only difference is me using the correct spelling of Japanese names (last names in front of first names). And as the page's creator I feel I should have the last say in the matter. Thanks.—This unsigned comment is by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) .
- Thanks for your message, please submit your reasoning to Talk:Bleach instead here[meta Aphaia's page]. Regardless your reason, it is not welcome to revert other's edit without comment. During following three days, all interested editors including you may come to consensus, I hope. Please note, you as the orginator of that article have no authority to determine how the page should be organized. It is solely based on our existing policies and guidelines and editors' consensus. --Aphaia 04:34, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
- link modified by Aphaia.
end of part from meta
That is fair. However, I feel that the names of the characters should be written in the way they are written and spoken in Japan. It would seem that is more "correct" as to the origin of the names.Kayvaan 12:09, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
- I would point out if we prefer the "original name", it should be in kanji and kana, not alphabet. And I have no good reason we cast away one of them - not "either/or" but "both/and" can be our way here?
- So - how about the below?
- Naruto Uzumaki (うずまきナルト, Uzumaki Naruto)
(sorry it is other work, the Japanese letter was taken from ja:w:NARUTO -ナルト-の登場人物一覧)
- Just a thought.
--Aphaia 12:22, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
Indeed kanji or kana is the utmost originality of the names. However, not everyone knows how to read them. Hence my point of writing last names in front of first names so we can still preserve the Japanese way of pronouncing the names, and still allowing people to read the name. Ergo, writing the names in ローマ字 or rōmaji/alphabet.
Kayvaan 13:17, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
- I don't know if you've been aware, for forengn language works, we encourage to put the original quote in that very language in their own script, and then put the English translation (see Wikiquote:Templates, particularly about people quotes). Hence it is not a reason "not everyone knows" according to our guideline. You may have no way to add it yourself, but either no reason to remove that, if exists. --Aphaia 15:59, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
It is not that I have no way in adding it myself. But that is not really the point here either. The point is to determine once and for all on how the names shall be spelled.
Kayvaan 16:26, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
- I feel you missed my point: I suggested to put all three ways as parallel, and I think it accords both our other formatting norm and past discussions (see Talk:Béla Bartók). You claim we should choose instead only one from those three ways, and gave no rationale why it shouldn't be. --Aphaia 16:41, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
Well, I suppose it would work using all three ways. 'Least that way everyone'll be content, I hope.
Kayvaan 23:49, 9 May 2007 (UTC)
- Sorry I'm late, a black cat crossed my path so I had to go the long way. Anyway, despite my being far behind on the discussion (damn you school and other distractions), my opinion on using English names since this is the English Wikiquote still stands. I do like Aphaia's idea of using the characters English name, followed by the kanji and Japanese name/order in parenthesis. I have no objections to such an idea, and think it might be best for not only the article but the community as well. Any objections? // DecaimientoPoético 01:06, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
I am in agreement for that idea.
Kayvaan 02:04, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
- Thank you for all your constructive participation, now I lifted up protection. Good editing, --Aphaia 06:52, 10 May 2007 (UTC)
- Wiki-star: lol, that was a good one poetic spanish dude. Wiki-star
zaraki's quotable quote
hey, why you didn't include zaraki's quote that states something like, "playing is more important, you can work anytime", on him sending yumichika to hitsugaya to go to the human world...
NOW THAT, IS A Quote!!!
- Thank you for mentioning. it's going to be added now.--MugenTaichou 18:58, 6 January 2008 (UTC)
-- Erm..when it comes to names of characters I assume we use the official published names right? So Grimmjow Jaggerjacks should be changed to Grimmjow Jeagarjacques. At least according to Shonen Jump. Also, is there anyone who would like the add the Lisa quote: "I'm not perverted! I'm just curious!"188.8.131.52 10:30, 18 January 2009 (UTC)