- Inner sunshine warms not only the heart of the owner, but all who come in contact with it.
- The mind that is cheerful in its present state, will be averse to all solicitude as to the future, and will meet the bitter occurrences of life with a placid smile.
- Let us be of good cheer, remembering that the misfortunes hardest to bear are those which never happen.
- Cheerfulness is full of significance: it suggests good health, a clear conscience, and a soul at peace with all human nature.
- As in our lives so also in our studies, it is most becoming and most wise, so to temper gravity with cheerfulness, that the former may not imbue our minds with melancholy, nor the latter degenerate into licentiousness.
- The way to cheerfulness is to keep our bodies in exercise and our minds at ease.