I wanted to notify that the Wikiquote page "Tenderness" redirects to this page, that instead is about "Compassion". I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this, hope it will be useful.
- This is a fine place to comment upon it. I agree Tenderness should probably have its own page, and not be redirected here, but will probably be too busy for at least a few days to get around to the task of creating one myself, and it might not reach the top of my priorities list save in some odd moments of respite between other tasks. ~ ♞☮♌Kalki·†·⚓⊙☳☶⚡ 14:17, 19 March 2012 (UTC)
- I look at the Samurai because they were the artists of their time. What I think struck me when I read Bushido is compassion. 'If there's no one there to help, go out and find someone to help.' That hit me, because I try to lead my life like that.
- You desire that which exceeds my humble powers, but I trust in the compassion and mercy of the All-powerful God.
- The value of compassion cannot be over-emphasized. Anyone can criticize. It takes a true believer to be compassionate. No greater burden can be borne by an individual than to know no one cares or understands.
- To work in the world lovingly means that we are defining what we will be for, rather than reacting to what we are against.
- When you stop giving and offering something to the rest of the world, it's time to turn out the lights.
- People don't realize a lot of things. I was trying to get a divorce from him, and he didn't want to give me one. Unless you know each person's situation, you don't know why they act the way they act. You have to try to have compassion.
- Some people are filled by compassion and a desire to do good, and some simply don't think anything's going to make a difference.
- Compassion is a call, a demand of nature, to relieve the unhappy as hunger is a natural call for food.
- A simple and proper function of government is just to make it easy for us to do good and difficult for us to do wrong.
- I think one of the best words in the English language is compassion. I think it holds everything. It holds love, it holds care... and if everybody just did something. We all make a difference.
- Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace! Where there is hatred let me sow love; Where there is injury, pardon.
- Compassion is contempt with a human face.
- We look into mirrors but we only see the effects of our times on us not our effects on others.
- It is a great consolation for me to remember that the Lord, to whom I had drawn near in humble and child-like faith, has suffered and died for me, and that He will look on me in love and compassion.
- You cannot hope to build a better world without improving the individuals. To that end, each of us must work for our own improvement and, at the same time, share a general responsibility for all humanity, our particular duty being to aid those to whom we think we can be most useful.
- Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little.
- Before I was humiliated I was like a stone that lies in deep mud, and he who is mighty came and in his compassion raised me up and exalted me very high and placed me on the top of the wall.
- I admire the fact that the central core of Buddhist teaching involves mindfulness and loving kindness and compassion.
- A human being is a part of the whole called by us universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.
- The war in Iraq has as much to do with terrorism as the administration has to do with compassion.
- Wisdom, compassion, and courage are the three universally recognized moral qualities of men.
- How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in life you will have been all of these.
- Until he extends his circle of compassion to include all living things, man will not himself find peace.
- I would rather feel compassion than know the meaning of it.
- Compassion will cure more sins then condemnation.