Arganoza My dream is to become a successful pilot
"Go confidently ... dreams ..."
The following quote is, as far as i can determine, universally attributed to Thoreau (thousands of hits on the web) -- but not to any particular work/source. It is not however addressed at all on a very extensive Wikiquote page on Thoreau. [I've posted a question there about it.] Regardless of the source, it seems to me that it would qualify under any set of criteria for this "Dreams" page: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined. As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler."
- See Talk:Henry David Thoreau. It's from Walden, misquoted by being cut down and converted to imperative mood. Gordonofcartoon 13:24, 16 September 2009 (UTC)
- These should be provided with sources before being moved back into the article.
- We're not given dreams without the means to make them come true!
- Dreams are but the illusion that we put upon ourselves to make life in an unbearable world liveable.
- A man's moral conscience is the curse he had to accept from the gods in order to gain from them the right to dream.
- Dreams are as advice given by a very wise - very drunk - old man. A wealth of knowledge behind them, yes, but always, always to be treated with cynicism.
- Dreams are the things we cling to, we hold onto them for dear life hoping with all our being that we will not watch them shatter around us into the dust of a trillion stars. We never imagine that they will come true, but we relish the hope that they provide, and yet when the impossible becomes a reality… we are stunned. And then the dream becomes a building block, stronger than diamonds.
- Dreams are extremely important. You can't do it unless you imagine it.
- Dreams are the bright creatures of poem and legend, who sport on earth in the night season, and melt away in the first beam of the sun, which lights grim care and stern reality on their daily pilgrimage through the world.
- Charles Dickens, Nicholas Nickleby
- Dreams are there to pave your way towards to success...
- Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.
- If you don't have a dream ... Then you'll never have a dream come true,
- If you live your dreams, you'll never have to wake up.
- It takes a lot of courage to show your dream to someone else.
- Nothing happens unless first a dream.
- Reach high, for stars hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal.
- Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.
- The net of the sleeper catches fish.
- The point, as Marx saw it, is that dreams never come true.
- The universe is not only queerer than we suppose, but queerer than we can suppose.
- Those dreams that on the silent night intrude, and with false flitting shapes our minds delude ... are mere productions of the brain. And fools consult interpreters in vain.
- Jonathan Swift, On Dreams
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
- Frequently misattributed to Mark Twain
- We live, as we dream--alone...
- Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness
- When we can't dream any longer we die.
- Yes, I am a dreamer. For a dreamer is one who can find his way by moonlight, and see the dawn before the rest of the world.
- It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.
- Albus Dumbledore (Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by J.K. Rowling)
- A dream is a wish your heart makes...
- By believing in his dreams, a man turns them into reality.
- Hergé, Belgian writer
- So yeah, dreams are important. And I think there are more dreamers today than ever before in the history of anything... but... they're so afraid, so many of them. Afraid to lose all their 'manageable misery.' It's all just so... so... pathetic. Pathetic... and selfish. Are you seriously telling me... that you would deny the world an exquisite painting just because the cardboard firm from down the street is hiring? That you'd stay out of politics because your mates would think you a twat? That the greatest secrets of quantum physics would go forever unearthed... because Dad thinks girls are fit only for babymaking? Does that really sound good enough for you? Really? Maddening! And don't you dare tell me I'm unrealistic. I know a body's chance of sinking their claws into a dream are fairly grim. But... not to try? To settle into the gray doldrums with nary a peep?
- Aaron A., in Serenity Rose
- Dreams are not what you have when you sleep, dreams are those that don't let you sleep.
- Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, Former Indian President
- A dream is a wish your heart makes!
- Dreams are hopeless aspirations in hopes of coming true. Believe in yourself, the rest is up to me and you.
- TLC (Waterfalls)
The definition that was on the page was clearly someone's interpretation—perhaps a quote—and out of place. I've replaced it with the definition from the Wikipedia page on dreams. Markjoseph125 (talk) 04:50, 27 April 2018 (UTC)