- For a quick overview of what Wikiquote is, read Wikiquote:Wikiquote.
- Also see What Wikiquote is not for common activities that Wikiquote does not support.
- To ask for help or to talk with another editor, visit our Village pump.
- To browse Wikiquote, take a look at our browsing start page.
- Before creating new articles, consult our guide. You may practice how to edit a page at Sandbox.
- Please remember to use edit summaries when editing pages.
- When posting to a discussion, please sign with a date by writing four tildes (~~~~) and saving.
- Be bold.
Hi Markjoseph. I replied to you at Talk:The Forge of God. I also want to take the opportunity to say how much I appreciate the good work you are doing on science fiction literature at Wikiquote. By which I mean the literature that is so often overlooked by less discriminating genre fans. Keep up the good work! ~ Ningauble 16:20, 3 September 2011 (UTC)
Since you asked at Talk:The Forge of God about how to request deletion, here are some relevant links:
- Wikiquote:Speedy deletions can be used for situations that meet the specific criteria described there.
- Wikiquote:Proposed deletion can be used for uncontroversial deletions that are unlikely to be contested but do not meet the Speedy deletion criteria.
- Wikiquote:Votes for deletion can be used when discussion is needed to reach a consensus on whether or not to delete.
- Wikiquote:Deletion policy has an overview, but it is quite out of date and does not even mention the Proposed deletion process.
Regarding The Forge of God, when an article is merged like this it is normal to leave a redirect to the article containing the merged content. This is done for a couple reasons: for the convenience of anyone who may have linked to the page from an external site (such as Wikipedia), and to retain the page history which gives attribution to contributors who worked on the original article. Therefore I would not be inclined to delete this redirect, but if you disagree you are welcome to start a discussion at Votes for deletion. ~ Ningauble 15:29, 4 September 2011 (UTC)
A page that you have been involved in editing, Kameron Hurley, has been listed for deletion. All contributions are appreciated, but it may not satisfy Wikiquote's criteria for inclusion, for the reasons given in the nomination for deletion (see also what Wikiquote is and is not). If you are interested in the discussion, please participate by adding your comments at Wikiquote:Votes for deletion/Kameron Hurley. Also, please consider improving the article to address the issues raised. Thank you. --Collingwood (talk) 16:42, 20 January 2013 (UTC)
Thank you for your corrections and additions to The Book of the New Sun. Wolfe is one of my favorite genre writers, whose work richly rewards careful reading. ~ Ningauble (talk) 17:02, 14 May 2014 (UTC)
Thank you for your additions to Intelligence. I reverted one edit because there was an obvious typo ("earned" vs. "learned" and formatting errors. Please italicize all book and publication titles. ~ Peter1c (talk) 23:30, 31 May 2016 (UTC)