I think there needs to be some sort of line drawn as to the standards of quoting TV shows: Do we Bold peoples' names or do we Italicize them? Should all dialogue be in the "Dialogue" section? (see the cancelled quote) Comments? Also, see Wikiquote:Template#Films (Added by 18.104.22.168)
- Every television show, so far, has came up with its own format, but there is some attempt to synchronize the formats between the regular contributors. I urge you to have a look at Veronica Mars, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel and Gilmore Girls. If you care enough and have enough time, specifying the page-specific consensus, and even cleaning up the quotes, might be a good idea. I do not feel qualified to do something like that, having seen a half-episode of Family guy. ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 06:33, 23 Jun 2005 (UTC)
I was wondering if we should break each character's quote section down by the episode it was uttered. It would make it easier for someone to find quotes from their favorite episode if done this way. I realize it would take some effort and it would be interesting to see if it held for a long time, but should it be done? -- Chupon 18:55, 7 November 2005 (UTC)
- Yes. This is the standard, recommended, format. Most importantly, it is the only sane way to have quotes which can actually be checked for accuracy. See Wikiquote:Templates/TV shows. Thanks ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 07:12, 8 November 2005 (UTC)
Episode titles should be italicized, and number of episode within the season should be given:
== ''I Have Never Met Death'' [1.04] ==
Unknown Episode Section?
Personally, I think that this section needs to be deleted. While I don't know what episodes every quote in that section belongs in, I do know that i've heard them at one time or another.
- It's a place to put quotes that aren't known. If you'll look back, you'll see I've moved a majority of them to their specific episodes. The oens that are left I don't know, but am trying to get all of them done. As for now, it's better to leave them. When people come along and know where they are from, they can move them. -- Chupon 04:28, 21 December 2005 (UTC)
- I was matching them with the color of the real boxsets, but it really doesn't matter to be honest. -- Chupon 17:10, 21 December 2005 (UTC)
To my fellow Family Guy afficiandos - i'm currently trying to create a complete list of Stewie's insults - ANY HELP WOULD BE WONDERFUL! It's far too big a job for me to do alone. Also - if any quote is mislabeled with the wrong episode, please do not hesitate to correct it!
Thanks again! ewok37 22:32, 23 January 2006 (UTC)
Here's the page:Stewie Griffin Insult Page
Giggity vs giggidy
Some quotes have Quagmire saying ``giggity and others have him saying ``giggidy. Does this actually differ between episodes, or do people just disagree in what they hear him saying?
He actually says "giggity" but it's definitely a disagreement.
In episode 421 "I Take Thee, Quagmire", Quagmire acts as Woody Woodpecker and spells out Giggity on the wall.
In ep4-18, the 'Jaws'-like scene, you have the shark quoted as saying: "I got a whole bunch of rosy teeth to chew you with!" Are you sure it's "rosy teeth", and not "rows 'a teeth" (that is, "rows of teeth")? Seems to make more sense if he's saying "I've got a whole bunch of rows 'a teeth to chew you with," particularly because I've never heard teeth referred to as 'rosy'. -- dzCepheus
Linking to Wikipedia
Is there a standard or unspoken rule about how or when someone's name should be linked to Wikipedia in a given quote?
- Yes, the first time a character is quoted in an episode, the wikilink should be used. If they are quoted again, in the same episode, no wikilink is used. Once in a new episode, follow the same rule. ~ UDScott 14:48, 13 March 2007 (UTC)
Too many quotes
While I know it may be difficult to limit the number of quotes per episode for this show, it certainly appears that we have way too much here to escape possible copyright issues. We really need to trim the number of quotes per episode to single digits at least. This page is now the largest one on Wikiquote and serious attention to this is needed. ~ UDScott 15:14, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
- I've begun the trimming process, so far having completd the first season's episodes. ~ UDScott 14:46, 13 March 2007 (UTC)
The Table of Contents needs work - none of the links appear to work. ~ UDScott 20:58, 1 March 2007 (UTC)
- I've fixed the links for the first season. I will continue to work on this, as I also work on the trimming of quotes from the episodes. ~ UDScott 14:47, 13 March 2007 (UTC)
New List Format. Thoughts?
I've redesigned the list of episodes so we can fit the new season without mashing everything in one box. What do you think? Goopnzaopleopz9 11:55, 17 September 2007 (UTC)
Is it really necessary to show every charcter's full name before every line that they have? I'm fairly certain that most quotes for TV shows on here do not follow such a format, so why should it be any different for Family Guy? I see no reason why using first names alone before charactes' respective lines would not be sufficient. -22.214.171.124 06:13, 21 December 2007 (UTC)
What's up with the notice that appears (twice) on this page? Is there a unique requirement that this page recieve special treatment? ~ Ningauble 16:35, 2 July 2009 (UTC)
Why the fuck can't you put the see spirit in Mark Meloni,I don't see why not.