Jump to navigation Jump to search
- "...modelling is a form of pornography. The beauty shows have been a major platform for the reduction of women from full human beings into mere objects to be admired".
- Asher Mutsengi, They reduce women into objects.
- Thanks for noticing, the article is cleaned and that specific phrase has been removed. -- Mdd (talk) 11:05, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
Quotes requiring editorial work
The following quote requires additional source information (whose adaptation?), correct formatting, quotation marks that come in pairs, and should be shortened to the relevant portion.
- Once Soma, having returned from her alms round
- and having eaten her meal, entered the woods to meditate.
- Deep in the woods, she sat down under a tree.
- The tempter Mara, desirous and capable of arousing fear, wavering and dread,
- and wishing her to interrupt her focused meditation, came to her and said,
- Your intent is difficult, even for the sages;
- Completion cannot be reached by a woman regardless the wisdom reaped."
- Then Soma thought, "Who is this speaking, human or nonhuman?
- Surely it is evil Mara desiring to interrupt my focused meditation."
- Knowing that it was Mara, she said,
- "What does gender matter with regard to a well-composed mind,
- which experiences insight in the light of the dharma?"
- The evil Mara thought, "Soma knows me"
- and sorrowful for the evil, instantly vanished into darkness.
- Gautama BuddhaSoma and Mara An adapation of a translation by C.A.F. Rhys-Davids