I deleted a spurious quotation widely attributed to George Washington on many sites, as it has been thoroughly debunked. The link I made in my comment was poorly made though, and should have been directed to w:Talk:George_Washington#Jews where more material on this, with links to debunking pages could be found, rather to than the Washington article itself. Here are some of the relevant links provided there:
- Snopes.com : Urban Legends website debunks the anti-Semitic Washington quote forgery
- Egyptian government sponsored press spreads Anti-Semitic forgeries about Washington and Franklin
Kalki 04:35, 7 December 2005 (UTC)
7 July 2005 London bombings
- Whoever does such a thing is not a Muslim, nor a religious person. This is the kind of criminal act that serves only those who wish to destroy mankind, and to thwart civilization and progress. Igniting civil strife and using the tools of war and destruction is the habit of the despicable Jews and Christians of the ancient nations, and the Koran has already deplored them for that.
- Unnamed preacher, referring to the London subway bombings of 2005, as quoted in "Terror in London (4) — United Arab Emirates Friday Sermon: Igniting Civil Strife is the Habit of Jews and Christians, not Muslims" (8 July 2005)
I put this back.--Inesculent 06:52, 11 August 2007 (UTC)
- I removed it again. I don't see what this has to do with Jews. Surely the subject of this quotation is either the london bombings themselves, or religious terrorists. --Ubiquity 12:03, 11 August 2007 (UTC)
- If we were forced to choose just one, there would be no way to deny that Judaism is the most important intellectual development in human history.
- ...it would be a mistake...to ascribe to Roman legal conceptions an undivided sway over the development of law and institutions during the Middle Ages... The Laws of Moses as well as the laws of Rome contributed suggestions and impulse to the men and institutions which were to prepare the modern world; and if we could have but eyes to see... we should readily discover how very much besides religion we owe to the Jew." ~ Woodrow Wilson
- "Certainly, the world without the Jews would have been a radically different place. Humanity might have eventually stumbled upon all the Jewish insights. But we cannot be sure. All the great conceptual discoveries of the human intellect seem obvious and inescapable once they had been revealed, but it requires a special genius to formulate them for the first time. The Jews had this gift. To them we owe the idea of equality before the law, both divine and human; of the sanctity of life and the dignity of human person; of the individual conscience and so a personal redemption; of collective conscience and so of social responsibility; of peace as an abstract ideal and love as the foundation of justice, and many other items which constitute the basic moral furniture of the human mind. Without Jews it might have been a much emptier place." ~ Paul Johnson
Majority of Quotes
They tried to kill us, we won, let's eat
Adding quotes from Nixon and Hitler.
- You know, it's a funny thing, every one of the bastards that are out for legalizing marijuana are Jewish. What the Christ is the matter with the Jews, Bob? What is the matter with them? I suppose it is because most of them are psychiatrists.
- Statement (May 26, 1971) as quoted in Newsweek (May 27, 2004)
- Many Jews in the Communist conspiracy. Chambers and Hiss were the only non-Jews. Many thought that Hiss was. He could have been a half. Every other one was a Jew—and it raised hell for us. But in this case, I hope to God he's not a Jew.
- Nixon, Haldeman, and Ronald Ziegler, 2:42-3:33 P.M. Oval Office Conversation #524-7; cassette #775 (June 17, 1971)
- The Jews are irreligious, atheistic, immoral bunch of bastards.
- The Jews are just a very aggressive and abrasive and obnoxious personality.
- What it is, is it’s the insecurity. It’s the latent insecurity. Most Jewish people are insecure. And that’s why they have to prove things.
- I didn’t notice many Jewish names coming back from Vietnam on any of those lists; I don’t know how the hell they avoid it.If you look at the Canadian-Swedish contingent, they were very disproportionately Jewish. The deserters
Negative statements about Jews
There is some criticism of the Jewish religion, but I can't find any negative statement about the Jewish people. Probably more than half of what people have said about Jews has been negative. Please add a bit of that as well. It needn't be Hitler, of course. But a lot of intelligent people (because they are relevant ones for our purpose) have made anti-Jewish statements. They should be heard.