The following quotation was in the article, but the source has no wp or wq page. If there is evidence of notability, please add it here, create a wp page or create a wq page and restore the quotation. Thanks ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 07:22, 22 October 2005 (UTC)
- "Watch your thoughts; they become your words. Watch your words; they become your actions. Watch your actions; they become your habits. Watch your habits; they become your character. Watch your character for it will become your destiny." -Frank Outlaw
I think the last quote should be removed. If you know what virginity means.
- I could not live in peace if I put the shadow of a wilful sin between myself and God.
- Peace can only last where human rights are respected, and where individuals and nations are free.
- Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained through understanding.
- Peace Sells but Who's Buying?
- Peace is more than the absence of war
- There are interests by the sacrifice of which peace is too dearly purchased. One should never be at peace to the shame of his own soul — to the violation of his integrity or of his allegiance to God.
- We will not learn how to live together in peace by killing each other's children.
- We must be prepared to make heroic sacrifices for the cause of peace that we make ungrudgingly for the cause of war. There is no task that is more important or closer to my heart.
- The real and lasting victories are those of peace, and not of war.
- Whatever you do, you need courage. Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising that tempt you to believe your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires some of the same courage that a soldier needs. Peace has its victories, but it takes brave men and women to win them.
- In a universe where chaos reigns and irrationality prospers, peace would go against universal means and the human nature. To have peace mankind would no longer be mankind.
- Kyle Flynn
- We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace.
- I never advocated war except as a means of peace.
- I think a pillow should be the peace symbol, not the dove. The pillow has more feathers than the dove, and it doesn't have a beak to peck you with.
- Even silence speaks
- Hausa proverb
- The goal toward which all history tends is peace, not peace through the medium of war, not peace through a process of universal intimidation, not peace through a program of mutual impoverishment, not peace by any means that leaves the world too weak or too frightened to go on fighting, but peace pure and simple based on that will to peace which has animated the overwhelming majority of mankind through countless ages. This will to peace does not arise out of a cowardly desire to preserve one's life and property, but out of conviction that the fullest development of the highest powers of men can be achieved only in a world of peace.
- One of the most persistent ambiguities that we face is that everybody talks about peace as a goal. However, it does not take sharpest-eyed sophistication to discern that while everbody talks about peace, peace has become practically nobody's business among the power-wielders. Many men cry Peace! Peace! but they refuse to do the things that make for peace.
- One day we must come to see that peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but that it is a means by which we arrive at that goal. We must pursue peaceful ends through peaceful means.
- If you stop calling him your opponent, then perhaps he can join you as a partner.
- The environment is very important in the aspects of peace because when we destroy our resources, they become scarce and we fight over that.
- Peace sells... But who's buying?
- Peace demands the most heroic labor and the most difficult sacrifice. It demands greater heroism than war. It demands greater fidelity to the truth and a much more perfect purity of conscience.
- We cannot have peace if we are only concerned with peace. War is not an accident. It is the logical outcome of a certain way of life. If we want to attack war, we have to attack that way of life.
- Peace is not merely an absence of war. It is also a state of mind. Lasting peace can come only to peaceful people.
- Peace cannot suddenly descend from the heavens. It can only come when the root causes of the trouble are removed."
- This is the way of peace: overcome evil with good, and falsehood with truth, and hatred with love.
- When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.
- One little person, giving all of her time to peace, makes news. Many people, giving some of their time, can make history.
- Pacifists are objectively pro-fascist.
- The structure of world peace cannot be the work of one man or one party or one nation. It must be a peace which rests on the cooperative effort of the whole world.
- It's odd how those who dismiss the peace movement as utopian, don't hesitate to proffer the most absurdly dreamy reasons for going to war: to stamp out terrorism, install democracy, eliminate fascism, and most entertainingly, to "rid the world of evil-doers.
- Cooperation + Tolerance = Peace
- Peace has to be created, in order to be maintained. It is the product of Faith, Strength, Energy, Will, Sympathy, Justice, Imagination, and the triumph of principle. It will never be achieved by passivity and quietism.
- Peace is not the absence of conflict but the presence of creative alternatives for responding to conflict — alternatives to passive or aggressive responses, alternatives to violence.
- Anyone can love peace, but Jesus didn't say, "Blessed are the peace-lovers." He says peacemakers. He is referring to a life vocation, not a hobby on the sidelines of life.
- Most people think of peace as a state of Nothing Bad Happening, or Nothing Much Happening. Yet if peace is to overtake us and make ust he gift of serenity and well-being, it will have to be the state of Something Good Happening.
- Violence will give you violence and Peace will give you peace. Choose what you want.