Talk:Riaz Ahmed Gohar Shahi
| This article was preserved after a vote for its deletion. |
See its archived VfD entry for details.
- I understand that you have tagged this article for deletion, could you possibly help me to save this article?--Iamsaa 08:36, 29 March 2010 (UTC)
Wikiquote no longer allows unsourced quotations, and they are in process of being removed from our pages (see Wikiquote:Limits on quotations); but if you can provide a reliable and precise source for any quote on this list please move it to Riaz Ahmed Gohar Shahi.
- The religions that exist as a result of the Heavenly Books are proper as long as the Scriptures have not been altered.
- Religions are like boats and Scholars are like oars, if either one is defective then it becomes difficult to reach the destination. However Saints do take even the damaged “boats” (people) to the shore. It is for this reason that incomplete and broken people gather around Saints.
- The love of God is superior to religion and it is the essence of all religions, whereas the light of God is the guiding and illuminating lantern of the path.
- There are four parts of knowledge. Three parts are of the apparent, the “seen” and one part is of the hidden, (the spiritual) which was spread by Khidr (Vishnu Maharaj).
- It is only the love of God that is the way to getting closer to God. The Dogs are better than an individual’s heart that is empty of God, as dogs love their master and it is because of that love that they achieve the closeness and favor of their master. Otherwise, an “unclean” dog and a divinely ordained human being cannot be compared.
- If you desire paradise, the pure maidens and palaces in it then worship abundantly: so as to reach the highest of heavens.
- In order to recognize, and to be able to approach the essence of Allah (God), learn spirituality (Ruhaniyat), no matter what religion or sect you belong to.
- If you are searching for God then you must learn spirituality also, so that whilst remaining on the straight and guided path you arrive at the essence of God and achieve the union with God.
- If you follow a religion but are devoid of the Love of God, then those that do not follow a religion but have the love of God are better.
- Love is connected to the heart. When the Name of God Allah is synchronized with the heartbeat, it then travels through the blood to all the veins, reaches the spirits and awakens them. Then the spirits are rejuvenated and go into the Love of God.
- Disrespectful are unfulfilled and the respectful are fulfilled.
- The best and most exalted person is the one, whose heart has the Love of God, even if that person has no religion.
- People say that you find God through worship, I say that you find God through your heart.
Although its been discussed on the English Wikipedia extensively and we were unable to find sources reliable enough to confirm Shahi's death, an IP of a banned user has been attempting to use Why People Disapprove Personalities to confirm it. Please see w:Talk:Riaz Ahmed Gohar Shahi, as well as the ongoing discussions regarding this source here and here. Can an uninvolved editor please look at the points regarding the use of this article as a source? Omirocksthisworld 23:32, 21 April 2010 (UTC)
- The English Wikipedia has decided to include different news sources to cite that fact that Shahi's fate is unknown. See here. Input on this would be appreciated. Omirocksthisworld 22:49, 27 April 2010 (UTC)
- Until his fate is revealed in authoritative reports by reliable sources, this article should be listed in Category:Living people and accorded the diligent respect appropriate for quotes by living persons. ~ Ningauble 15:39, 3 May 2010 (UTC)
- I agree- I think that's a reasonable course of action given the controversy surrounding his fate. Omirocksthisworld 23:05, 6 May 2010 (UTC)
- If you carefully read This article, it also states that The sentences are said to total 59 years. An appeal was filed in the High Court of Sindh and before it could be decided, Goharshahi died and the case was 'abated', which clearly resolve this issue and confirm death status.--184.108.40.206 12:58, 12 May 2010 (UTC)
- I hope you will see following reliable sources and make changes accordingly:
- He was founder of Anjuman Serfaroshan-e-Islam only. MFI was founded by Younas not gohar shahi.
- Gohar Shahi was born on 25-11-1941 and died on 25-11-2001.