whats with that "I like it when people have sex with me any time" attributed to anonymous. That doesn't seem very noteworthy 126.96.36.199 06:39, 18 February 2006 (UTC)
Mae West added. How can this page NOT have Mae on it?! Jmacwiki 23:04, 8 February 2008 (UTC)
- Published sources should be provided before moving these back into the article
- Give more than you take in sex, to feel euphoria
- Sex is like math: you add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the legs and pray you don't multiply!
- Feras Yaghmour
- Music is like Vodka, You can mix it with almost everything; a dinner, a dance, or sex.
- Feras Yaghmour
- Is sex dirty? Only if it's done right.
- Don't knock masturbation. That's sex with someone I love.
- Sex is an emotion in motion.
- My family never raised me to have a vagina.
- An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.
- Did you ever notice the people who are most adamantly against abortions are people you wouldn't want to fuck in the first place?
- From the perspective of scripting theory, same-gender erotic preferences are elicited and shaped by the systems of meaning offered for conduct in a culture. What is usually construed as culture against "man" or culture against nature is thus actually conflict among differently enculturated individuals or groups.
What is required is a constant recognition that acts of usage and explanation are acts of social control in the strong sense, that "homosexual" and "homosexuality" are names that have been imposed on some persons and their conduct by other persons - and that this imposition has carried the right of the latter to tell the former the origins, meaning, and virtue of their conduct.
- Great sex is great, but bad sex is like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
- Just fuck and fuck the consequences
- ...if you are fat, no matter what you wear, nothing is going to make you sexier.
- Steve Austin
- In lieu of creativity, there is an undue emphasis on sexuality.
- Jay Christian Emerte
- Insistence on having a sexual orientation in sex is about defending the status quo, maintaining sex differences and the sexual hierarchy; whereas resistance to sexual orientation, regimentation is more about where we need to be going.
- John Stoltenberg (1989)
- Institutionalised in sports, the military, acculturated sexuality, the history and mythology of heroism, violence is taught to boys until they become its advocates.
- Of the delights of this world man cares most for sexual intercourse, yet he has left it out of his heaven.
- One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.
- Our sexual self is a complex combination of our social, cultural, and biological inheritance.
- Sex concentrates on what is on the outside of the individual. It's funny because I think it's better inside.
- Alex Walsh
- Sex is one of the 9 reasons for reincarnation, the other 8 are unimportant.
- Henry Miller
- Sexuality is the lyricism of the masses.
- We're trained to see only male or female and to plot people into those categories when they actually don't fit neatly at all. But if we pause, watch and listen closely we'll see the multiplicity of ways in which people are sexed and gendered. There exists a range of personal identifications around woman, man, in-between--we don't even have names or pronouns that reflect that in between place but people certainly live in it.
- Minnie Bruce Pratt
- When a man goes on a date, he wonders if he is going to get lucky. A woman already knows.
- Frederike Ryder
- When a woman has scholarly inclinations there is usually something wrong with her sexuality.
- Girls are like catalysts, they just speed up the reactions of lives of boys either in a positive way or in a negative way.
- Madapathi Srinath
- The problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time
- Sex COULD kill you. Do you know what the human body goes through when you have sex? Pupils dilate, arteries constrict, core temperature rises, heart races, blood pressure skyrockets, respiration becomes rapid and shallow, the brain fires bursts of electrical impulses from nowhere to nowhere, and secretions spit out of every gland, and the muscles tense and spasm like you're lifting three times your body weight. It's violent. It's ugly. And it's messy. And if God hadn't made it unbelievably fun, the human race would have died out eons ago.
- House, Dr. Allison Cameron (Jennifer Morrison)
- Sex is a lot like pizza, when it's good, it's really good; when it's bad, it's still kinda good.
- Brandon Lyon
- Sex is boring unless you're doing it.
- Ridley Scott
Alan Moore "Dark Ages and Holocaust"
The Alan Moore quote is rather bad. I wouldn't mind it being on here except that it's in bold and there are so few quotes on the page in general, which gives it an exaggerated importance. It is not counterbalanced by nuanced expert opinion. To call Athens "sexually permissive" relies on an anachronistic assumption that the presence or toleration of homosexuality is evidence of permissiveness. This itself is a Christian holdover. In another culture homosexual relations can be a part of their cultural conservatism. Athenians had all kinds of regulations and taboos surrounding sex - feminine sexuality especially was strictly suppressed and regulated. It was partly liberation from male sexuality that made Christian sexual ethics so appealing to women in late Roman antiquity. That the quote evokes the Dark Ages meme is another problem: especially egregious is the assumption that the "repressed" Christian world contributed nothing in the way of mathematics, philosophy, etc. Why exactly is it bolded? It may be a good representation of lay prejudices, but not historical consensus. Maskettaman (talk) 15:25, 7 February 2021 (UTC)
- I believe the quote is memorable enough for this page (it could also be moved to a subpage), but I agree that there is no reason to bold it. Quotes do not have to be factual, often quotes are more about opinions than about real, hard facts. I have removed the bolding. --ო ~ #SheSaid 16:42, 7 February 2021 (UTC)