The following quotes were moved here from the page because the source has no apparent notability. If he is notable, please create a wp page, a wq page or add evidence of notability here. ~ MosheZadka (Talk) 06:19, 28 October 2005 (UTC)
- "Do not rely on the failures of your peers as consolation for your own." -Amir Afsai
- "I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it." -Jonathon Winters
- "If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything." -Win Borden
- "Success is getting what you want. Happiness is liking what you get." -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
- "Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying the basic fundamentals." -Jim Rohn
- "When you know what you want, and want it bad enough, you will find a way to get it." -Jim Rohn
- "You cannot change your destination overnight, but you can change your direction overnight" -Jim Rohn
- "Success is the result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire." -Reggie Leach
- "Watch your thoughts; they become your words. Watch your words; they become your actions. Watch your actions; they become your habits. Watch your habits; they become your character. Watch your character for it will become your destiny." -Frank Outlaw
- "The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese." - Jon Hammond
- "You know you're successful when you've pissed off your parents." ~ David J. Schow
I added two above quotes from Jonathan Winters and David J. Schow. Winters is a famous comedian, Schow a published author of many books, both well known. 188.8.131.52 10:50, 29 January 2006 (UTC)
- What is success?
To laugh often and much;
To win the respect of intelligent people
And the affection of children;
To earn the appreciation of honest critics
And endure the betrayal of false friends;
To appreciate beauty;
To find the best in others;
To leave the world a bit better, whether by
A healthy child, a garden patch
Or a redeemed social condition;
To know even one life has breathed
Easier because you have lived;
This is to have succeeded.
- Bessie Anderson Stanley (often misattributed to Ralph Waldo Emerson).
- Success is the result of countless failures you've done in order to attain it.
- A person is only as big as the dream they dare to live.
- What is the meaning of success? Achieving a feat that others believe you are unable to achieve, in some cases this may be doing the impossible but even the impossible can be done. It just takes alot of hard work, persistence and the ability to bounce back from failure. We all have the potential for success!
- Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
- All big things in this world are done by people who are naive and have an idea that is obviously impossible.
- Charles Hamilton (1876–1961), English writer
- Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself.
- The fox knows many things, but the hedgehog knows one big thing.
- Good is the enemy of great. Most people will look back and realize they did not have a great life because it's just so easy to settle for a good life.
- Jim Collins, author of Good to Great.
- I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it.
- I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.
- Bill Cosby (born 1937).
- I don't wish to be everything to everyone, but I would like to be something to someone.
- If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried.
- It is a long hard road to overnight success.
- It is high time that the ideal of success should be replaced by the ideal of service.
- Man is happy only as he finds work worth doing — and does it well.
- E. Merrill Root (1895–1973), American writer
- Money and success don't change people; they merely amplify what is already there.
- Success is like a pie, there are different layers
- Qun Zhang (Chinese Poet).
- Nothing succeeds like the appearance of success.
- Of course there is no formula for success except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings.
- Arthur Rubinstein (1886–1982).
- Opportunity is missed by most people because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work.
- Others have done it before me. I can, too.
- Success didn't spoil me, I've always been insufferable.
- Success does not consist in never making mistakes but in never making the same one a second time.
- Success doesn't come to you… you go to it.
- Marva Collins, American educator
- Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm.
- Success is where preparation and opportunity meet.
- Bobby Unser, American automobile racer
- Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
- There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
- There is only one success - to be able to spend your life in your own way.
- Christopher Morley, American author and journalist, 1890–1957.
- To do the useful thing, to say the courageous thing, to contemplate the beautiful thing: that is enough for one man's life.
- T. S. Eliot (1888-1965), American poet
- To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.
- True happiness is not attained through self-gratification, but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.
- Helen Keller (1880–1968), American writer
- Underpromise; overdeliver.
- Tom Peters; quoted in The Chicago Tribune.
- What's success? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.
- Bob Dylan (born 1941).
- When we're incomplete, we're always searching for somebody to complete us. When, after a few years or a few months of a relationship, we find that we're still unfulfilled, we blame our partners and take up with somebody more promising. This can go on and on--series polygamy--until we admit that while a partner can add sweet dimensions to our lives, we, each of us, are responsible for our own fulfillment. Nobody else can provide it for us, and to believe otherwise is to delude ourselves dangerously and to program for eventual failure every relationship we enter.
- Why be a man when you can be a success?
- Bertolt Brecht (1898–1956).
- Without strategy, there is no succeeding in life.
- Happiness is having dreams, success is making those dreams come true.
- If you don't have a Ferrari, you are not living successfully .
- If your name is not the same as mine, you are not successful.
- The success of us human beings remains in how far we can see ourselves & work backwards to reach there..
- Success is in the eye of the beholder
- My life really hasn't been all that spectacular.....Except for all the spectacular things that have happened in my life
- The only infallible criterion of wisdom to vulgar minds – success.
- Edmund Burke, In a letter to a member of the National Assembly.
- Success is the one unpardonable sin against one's fellows.
- Ease and success are fellows.
- English proverb, 14th Century
- Success is never blamed.
- Thomas Fuller (physician), (English proverb).
- A goal not met yet is a new goal set.
- Success often comes to those who dare to act. It seldom goes to the timid who are ever afraid of the consequences.
- Jawaharlal Nehru (14 November 1889 – 27 May 1964) Indian politician and the first Prime Minister of India.