|This page has been flagged for a review of its copyright status, as it may contain too many quotes from a copyrighted source. See Wikiquote:Copyrights for more information on Wikiquote copyright policy. Please do not remove this tag from this page until it has been checked by a user familiar with the fair use provisions of U.S. copyright law and edited down if necessary.|
I have formatted the article to standards and removed the template. --Ragzouken 22:24, 10 July 2006 (UTC)
Overdoing the recent stuff
Far too many quotes from the recent series material. They add little to my mind.
- Reply: Okay, I have put some quotations from Remembrance of the Daleks, Planet of the Daleks and Genesis of the Daleks so there is some more from the classic series. Max Valentine18:51, 5 February 2007.
- WHAT THE ?@*&!?!?! SOMEONE HAS DELETED ALL THE CONTENT!!! WHO DID THIS?!?!?!
- Univalonso did it. Check the page's history. It says that all content was removed from the page by him.
- Then their I.P address should be banned from wikiquote
- I have started the page again. --Random Dude 16:24, 12 May 2007 (UTC)
Policy is evolving toward keeping quotes in articles about the show, rather than splitting them into separate articles about the characters. See discussion at the Village Pump. ~ Ningauble 16:44, 9 November 2008 (UTC)
- Policy created by only a handful of people without very broad concerns and considerations, no matter how well motivated they might appear to be, or assume themselves to be, especially those with some strong hostilities to innovation and diversity will usually not stand up against the ultimate tests of Time and Eternity, no matter what particular advantages might be apparent or manifest for a short time. I do not support removal of this article, but I do support a move to either "Dalek" or "Daleks" to more closely match the naming conventions of Wikipedia. ~ Kalki (talk · contributions) 13:38, 10 September 2010 (UTC)
Need for more registration and input by Doctor Who editors — and others.
I encourage many of the people who have edited here, or at other pages, whether related to Doctor Who or not, to register a username so as to more effectively voice opinions and to be able to vote in major issues that occur on the wiki in the months and years to come.
At the Village Pump I raised the issue of a need to expand potentials and lessen restrictions on this and other pages. I believe that there is need for extensive discussion and eventually a vote on this matter, within a few months.
I intend to gradually do extensive work on the Doctor Who pages in coming months — adding airdates and links, and doing minor cleanup work. I don't plan to actually add many quotes to the articles initally, but eventually might do so, as I review past episodes of the series in the coming year. I encourage anyone interested in developing the Doctor Who pages more extensively to register a user account here, so as to have more effective influence on policy decisions which need to be confronted in coming months regarding existing guidelines and limitations that have been promoted regarding quotes from TV shows and films, including those of Doctor Who. ~ Kalki (talk · contributions) 06:55, 31 May 2011 (UTC)