The Amazing World of Gumball
The Amazing World of Gumball (2011–2019) is an animated television series created by Ben Bocquelet for Cartoon Network. The series revolves around the lives of 12-year-old Gumball Watterson, a blue cat, and his goldfish best friend—adoptive brother 10-year-old Darwin, who attends middle school in the fictional city of Elmore.
The DVD [1.01]
- Gumball: Can you provide inspirational leadership to a core team of thirty people, covering both national or international markets?
- Darwin: Mmm, no.
- Gumball: Wait! how about this one? "Looking for a person with no skills or training to serve as a scientific subject for the cosmetics industry."
- Darwin: What does that mean?
- Gumball: It means they'll put makeup on us and see if it looks nice.
- Darwin: [Gasp] Kind of like modeling?!
- Gumball: Yeah.
- Darwin: I've always thought I'd make a good model.
- Gumball: What makes you think that?
- Darwin: My cheekbones.
- Gumball: There are bones in there?
- [Gumball pushes his hand into Darwin's cheek tighter and tighter, then]
- Gumball: Oh, huh. There are.
- Gumball: See, Darwin, you should always tell the truth and face the consequences of your actions.
- [Darwin looks surprised, then punches Gumball in the arm]
- Gumball: Ow!
The Third [1.03]
- [Gumball is struggling to make it up the road]
- Gumball: Ngh! Ngh! Ngh! Ngh! Ugh! Ugh! Agh! AGH!
- [Gumball smiles as he thinks it is over but unfortunately it isn't, as more hills are shown from afar]
- Gumball: AGH! [Echoing] GOSH....DARN IT!!!!!!
The End [1.05]
- Gumball: Darwin, what are we doing here?
- Darwin: Learning hard, so we can get a career, a home, and feed our children in the future.
- Gumball: Darwin! There is no future! We need to make the most of it RIGHT. NOW. Not listening to some baboon drone on about algebra or biology.
The Quest [1.07]
- [Gumball, Darwin, and Anais are in their bedroom]
- Anais: Listen, Gumball, I am not spending the night without Daisy. You'll just have to go to Tina's place and get her back.
- Gumball: What! Why me?!
- Anais: Because....because....[Makes a cute face] Because you were the one who lost it in the first place.
- Gumball: [Makes a cute face too] But I'm just a little boy, and she's a giant T-Rex.
- Anais: But you are my big brother.
- Gumball: But I don't want to get my face pounded to a pulp.
- [Both of them continue to exchange cute faces at each other until Gumball gives in]
- Gumball: Fine. I'll go.
- Anais: Hahahaha!
- Gumball: But you two are coming with me.
- [Darwin and Anais both groan with exasperation and acceptance]
The Pressure [1.09]
- Darwin: [Whispering] Gumball!
- [Gumball looks under the table]
- Darwin: [Whispering] I'm scared.
- Gumball: Darwin? I thought you ran away forever.
- Darwin: I got hungry.
The Laziest [1.11]
- [Richard is snoring on the couch and Gumball awakens him]
- Richard: Huh? Well, that was a pretty long timeout.
- Gumball: Yeah, but now we've got somebody who can beat you -- Lazy Larry.
- Richard: Lazy Larry, huh? Why, that's a name I haven't heard since the summer of eighty-three --
- Gumball: NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE SUMMER OF EIGHTY-THREE!
- Richard: Sorry....So where is he?
- Gumball and Darwin: Here!
The Mystery [1.13]
- Gumball: I think cheese is better than cake, because you can have cheesecake, but you can't have cake cheese.
The Prank [1.14]
- Gumball: Maybe we should just go outside again, this time through the front door.
- Darwin: Good idea, Gumball!
- Gumball: Okay, prepare to get wet.
- [Gumball opens the door, but the bucket containing dried concrete falls in front of Gumball and Darwin almost hitting them]
- Gumball: What the heck?!
The Kiss [1.16]
- Squirrel: Aww. Why so sad? You need to find your happy place!
- Gumball: THERE IS NO HAPPY PLACE!!!! [The squirrel falls over from the loudness. Gumball starts sobbing] Oh, I'm sorry, little creature!
- Darwin: [sobs] I'm sorry I couldn't help you forget.
- [The squirrel starts sobbing as well]
- Gumball: [Screaming] Aw man, that was intense.
- Soup: Give us a kiss!
- [Gumball wakes up for real]
- Gumball: NOOOOO!!!!!
- Anais: AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
- Darwin: AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
- [Gumball then stops screaming, and sighs three times]
- Anais: Oh, come on! That's the fifth time tonight!
The Refund [1.18]
- Darwin: [Shouts at Gumball in excitement] Come on! Put the game on!
- Gumball: [Opens the disc tray] Come on, come on. [Gasps] Oh, there you are. [Attempts to insert the cartridge in the disc tray, but it obviously does not fit] There's something wrong with it!
- Darwin: [Shouting] Try the other way around! [Shakes flippers]
- [Gumball tries again, to no avail]
- Darwin: [Shouting] Come on! Can't you see I'm practically flipping my flippers?
- Gumball: What is that supposed to mean?
- Darwin: [Anxiously flapping his flippers] IT MEANS PUT THE GAME ON!
- Gumball: I can't! It's not working!
- [Darwin stops flipping his flippers]
- Gumball: [Looks at the game cartridge] I think we got stiffed.
The Robot [1.19]
- Gumball: What’s that?
- Bobert: It’s the algorithm for smile.
- Gumball: Bobert... [throws Bobert’s smile algorithm away] You’ve got a lot to learn, If you want to be real, then you had to have proper emotions.
- Bobert: Define emotions.
- Gumball: You know... Like feelings and stuff.
- Bobert: Define feelings.
- Gumball: You know... When you feel things... Like pain.
- Bobert: Define pain.
The Picnic [1.20]
- Darwin: Did she say avoid or go through the Forest of Doom?
- Gumball: [Sighs] What would I do without you, Darwin? She said go through the Forest of Doom. Am I right, or am I wrong, Miss Simian?
- Gumball: Darwin, you know what's important in a situation like this?
- Darwin: A map?
- Gumball: [Laughs loudly, then sighs] No, teamwork.
- Darwin: Oh. I was gonna say that next.
- Gumball: Don't worry, buddy. You're part of my team, and I'm a born survivor!
- Darwin: I'm glad I'm on your team! Hey, little squirrels! [Walks off]
The Sock [1.23]
- Gumball: Hmm...Okay, I think I got it. You should always tell the truth, unless you have to lie, but if you do lie, you should tell the truth about it, unless you're talking to someone who's lying, because if they tell a lie and you tell the truth for once, then it'll be a lie because you were lying about telling the truth, inside of a lie, so the whole thing is a lie while you are still being true in your heart.
- [Unwilling to speak, Darwin's head explodes, as his body lies down to the floor]
The Curse [1.32]
- Gumball: Well, it seems like it's just not my day, but that's ok, because it's nothing a good song won't fix! [Singing] When life hands you lemons, you gotta make some lemonaaaade... [Breathes in, about to sing louder, but is stepped on by Hector]
- Banana Joe: Where did you get your clothes, the Lost and Found?! Hahaha!
- Gumball: Well actually, yes, I did.
- Banana Joe: Ohh, where did you get your clothes, the circus?! Haha!
- Gumball: Dude, we kind of just went over this already, Lost and Found.
- Banana Joe: Where did you get your clothes, the swim shop and the hat shop?! Hahaha!
- [Principal Brown opens the door]
- Gumball: WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR BRAIN FROM, THE DOLLAR STORE?!
- [Sees Principal Brown leaving him shocked, Banana Joe and Idaho walk away, Gumball smiles nervously at Principal Brown]
- Darwin: Yay! I wished for snow!
The Banana [2.06]
- Banana Joe: HEY! Turn around, you cowards.
- Gumball: [Laughs] No, thank you!
- Banana Joe: Turn around and face the can of butt-whooping that I'm gonna open on you!
- Darwin: Wouldn't it be better to stay like we are for that?
- Banana Joe: TURN AROUND!
- Gumball: [Inhales] Okay. [He and Darwin turn around]
- [Banana Joe screams as he charges towards Gumball and Darwin, but slips on a water puddle, rushes under them and hits a water fountain, face first. He groans as he slowly becomes unconscious and a bruise covers his face]
- Gumball: Oh, that's just great! Now, people are gonna come around the corner, see him like that, and think we're massive bullies!
- Darwin: (kneels down, crying) Which we are! Because of us, he lost an eye, and we attacked him with a mirror! We punctured his tube of glue, we chewed everything in his locker, he got a huge brown banana bruise on his little face, and we managed to ruin the most precious thing his family ever owned!
- (They both cry in guilt)
- Gumball: He did chew that pen, though.
The Phone [2.07]
- Gumball: [Sighs] Darwin, we need to talk.
- Darwin: Uhh yeah.
- Gumball: You know, I love you man.
- Darwin: Uh huh.
- Gumball: But... I think you have a problem with that phone!
- Darwin: Yeah.
- Gumball: So I've arranged for your butt to be surgically grafted onto your face.
- Darwin: Yeah, yeah sure great.
- Gumball: YOU'RE NOT EVEN LISTENING!
- Darwin: Why don't you text me?
- Ocho's Mom: Ow! Ocho, what are you doing? You're not fighting again, I hope.
- Ocho: Oh gosh, did I get a little too intense again?
- Gumball: Psh! Nah. Totally normal level of intensity.
- Ocho: Are you sure?
- Gumball and Darwin: Yeeah.
- Ocho: [Gets angrier] Are you sure?!
- Gumball: Hoo! Yes. Yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah.
- Darwin: Yes.
- Ocho: [Demonic voice] ARE YOU SURE?!!
- Gumball: Ye-e-e-es! Please go home now!
- Ocho's Mom: Oh, that's good. He can get a little carried away at times. Come on, Ocho! Dinner's ready.
- Ocho: See you tomorrow guys!
- [Ocho moves towards his mother, and a tractor beam pulls him up.]
- Ocho: Can I sit in the front, Mom?
The Treasure [2.10]
- Gumball: You know, that good stuff's got me thinking, what else is cheap in this house?
- [Gumball, Darwin, and Anais walk into the living room]
- Gumball: I mean, look at this MP3 player. Now tell me it's not a calculator with headphones stuck in it. [Grabs a copy of "HOW TO RATATWANG YOUR PANDA"] And that DVD is not even the real film. It's some mockbuster from the bargain bin.
- Richard: What's wrong with "How to Ratatwang Your Panda"?
- [On the TV Screen, a section of the film plays, taking place in a dojo]
- Good CGI Mouse: Get ready, panda, use your secret weapon.
- Chuck the Panda': Okay, you asked for it. [Does a massive fart in the other mice's face]
- Bad CGI Mice: Oh, boy!
- [Cuts back to the couch]
- Richard: HAHAHAHAHA! HEHAHA! [Sighs] Clever.
- Gumball: And look at this "blender". You call this is top-of-the-line?
- [Gumball turns on the blender, actually a fan blade above a bowl, and puts an orange in it, causing its juice to fly onto the ceiling]
- Gumball: Why can't we have the good stuff?
- Anais: More importantly, what's mom hiding?
- [The home phone rings, and Anais answers]
- Anais: Hello?
- Spooky Voice: For your own safety, stop digging around. There's nothing to find.
- Anais: Okay, but if we were going to start digging, where should we look?
- Spooky Voice: Definitely not the attic. Ah! No, wait--! Oh, darn--.
- [The voice hangs up as Anais cleverly laughs]
The Words [2.12]
- Darwin: Dude, I need you to grab the emergency hammer.
- Gumball: I'm not breaking the window.
- Darwin: No, I need you to knock me out.
- Gumball: How about you just ask Sussie to calm down a little?
- Darwin: [Whimpers again] I can't...
- Gumball: What the... [Pauses video game] You're embarrassed, aren't you?
- Darwin: Just use the hammer...
- Gumball: [Laughs] Darwin Watterson, the fish who grew legs at the expense of his guts!
- Darwin: Shut up!
- Sussie: HEY, DARWIN!
- [Darwin squeezes his head back out]
- Sussie: Which noise do you prefer? ALALALALALALALALALALALALA! or AKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA!
- Gumball: [Sticks head on top of Sussie and Darwin's seat] Excuse me, Sussie, but can you be a little quieter, please?
- Sussie: Certainly, young Gumball, I'd be more than happy to oblige!
- Gumball: Thank you.
- Darwin: [Gapes before sticking his head up and motions taking his hat off]
- Gumball: What's that?
- Darwin: That was me, taking my hat off to you.
- Sussie: [Whispers] Hats!
- Gumball: I didn't want to do this, man, but it's the only way! You need to learn that words can hurt.
- Game Voice: Round 1! Fight!
- Darwin: [charging a power blast] Your head is so big that you have to put your shirt on feet first! [Shoots energy balls at Gumball] Big head! Big head! Big head! Big head!
- Gumball: Ow! Stop It!
- Darwin: [Shoots an energy ball] Big head!
- Gumball: That's cheating!
- Darwin: [Shoots an energy ball] Big head!
- Gumball: You keep using the same move!
- Darwin: [Shoots an energy ball] Big head!
- [Gumball echoes and collapses]
- Game Voice: Darwin wins! Perfect! Round Two! Fight!
- Gumball: You're so ugly that when you entered an ugly contest, the judges said "no professionals"! [Shoots an energy ball]
- Darwin: You're so dumb you put stamps on your e-mails! [Shoots an energy ball]
- Gumball: You're so short that your head smells like feet! [Shoots an energy ball]
- Darwin: Your brain's so small that your thoughts have an echo! [Shoots an energy ball]
- Gumball: Your cheeks are so big that people don't know which end of you they're looking at! [Shoots an energy ball]
- [Camera cuts to reality, Tobias, Banana Joe, Anton and Bobert cheers looking unamazed while Gumball and Darwin are still pretending to be in the game]
- Gumball: Pshoo! Cling! Pew!
- Darwin: Ahh!
- Gumball: Your face is so greasy that people put on weight when they look at you! [Shoots an "energy ball"]
- Tobias: Nyeh, it's not as good as I thought it'd be.
- [Tobias, Banana Joe, Anton and Bobert leave, still making cheering motions. Camera cuts back to the game]
- Gumball: You're so bald that when you take a shower, you get brainwashed!
- Darwin: You're so-- Ah! I got nothing!
- [Gumball shoots an energy ball that dazes Darwin. He immediately closes in for the finish.]
- Gumball: You're so chubby, the back of your head looks like a pack of wieners.
- [Gumball takes Round 2 with a Street Fighter-esque uppercut move. He then performs a victory pose]
- Game Voice: FINAL ROUND!
- Gumball: Wait a minute. Pause! [pauses the "game"]
The Watch [2.16]
- Darwin: I gave it to an old man.
- Gumball: WHAT?!
- Darwin: I said "I GAVE IT TO AN OLD MAN!"
- Gumball: (whispering) Shh! I heard you the first time! It's just that you (yelling) DON'T GIVE AWAY FAMILY HEIRLOOMS TO SOME RANDOM GUY!!!!!
- Darwin: I thought we were trying to get rid of it.
- Gumball: (sighs) What's dad gonna say?
- Darwin: (gasps) Is he gonna cry? Because if he's gonna cry, I'll cry...
- Gumball: (hugging Darwin) Aw, come here, bubble cheeks. It was my fault as well.
- Darwin: (whispering) So, since it's obviously your fault, you're gonna get it back, right?
- Gumball: (whispering) Well, I wouldn't have if you weren't such a slack-jawed goober and gave it to him.
- Darwin: But none of this would've happened if you weren't such an ungrateful jerk in the first place.
- Gumball: You do it.
- Darwin: No, you do it!
- Gumball: No, you do it!
- Richard: (whispering) What are you guys talking about?
- (The boys see Richard joining their hug.)
- Gumball: Uh, how much we love the watch.
- Richard: (whispering) I love you guys.
- [A reference on TV Tropes' Red Oni and Blue Oni]
- Gumball: [Gasps for air] I can't hide like this anymore, we're just gonna have to tell Dad the truth.
- [Darwin pops out of a Super Golden Flakes cereal box]
- Darwin: Oh sure, great plan. So how do you want to do it? You can start by rejecting his love, while I sucker punch him with the lack of respect that we have for his entire family heritage or, if you prefer, I'll just rip out his heart while you TEAR HIS SOUL IN HALF!
- Gumball: Get out of your box, you just gave me an idea.
- [At home, Gumball, Darwin and Richard watch an antique shop show on TV]
- Antique Vendor: This coffee table is worth $100!
- Buyer: Wow!
- Antique Vendor: However, this coffee stain brings the value down to about $10.
- [The Watterson boys laugh at this, but their attention is brought to the next item]
- Antique Vendor: Now, this pocket watch is a very special piece. Only two were ever made, so I think it's worth approximately...$700.
- [The Buyer gapes, and so does Gumball, Darwin and Richard]
The Dream [2.23]
- Kyle: There, what do you think?
- Pac-Man: So, what do you wanna do today?
- Rigby: Who is that guy?
- Kyle: That's Pac-Man, he's Bandai Namco's mascot.
- Kirby: Yeah, Gumball's parents think he's out with them to get some pizza, and we have to bring the new Darwin back for dinner.
- Cartman: Are you sure about this, Kyle?
- Stan: Yeah, I think Gumball is going to notice that Pac-Man isn't Darwin.
- Kyle: Not if I say he got cut into pieces and had to live in the hospital for 12 weeks.
- Anais: You guys are idiots! It's never going to work, you have to tell Gumball the truth!
- Mordecai: Come on, dude. If it were your boss, we'd work for you.
- [The Non-Gumball characters leave]
- Anais: [Facepalms] Ugh! This is the stupidest idea...
- [Anais starts to walk, but then stops.]
- Anais: Wait a minute! No, you wouldn't!
- [Pac-Man will take Darwin's role for the rest of Seasons 2 because Kyle killed him in the episode "The Hero"]
- Pac-Man: I said I was sorry. Don't be like that...
- Gumball: No! No more "Don't be like that's". My parents is totally gonna blame it on me after they get off of prison and it's all your FAULT! I'm sick of you always getting me into this mess!
- Pac-Man: I just wanted to spend time with my bro. Chillin' with my bro.
- [Gumball puts his arms up]
- Pac-Man: No. No, don't.
- Gumball: It's too late. [He begins to move his arms together]
- Pac-Man: Come on, man. Don't!
- Gumball: It's already in motion.
- Pac-Man: Well, put it out of motion!
- [Gumball has finally crossed his arms]
- Gumball: You ticked me off..
- Pac-Man: Look, I know you're upset, but... could you look at me?
- [Gumball ignores Pac-Man as his body twists around]
- Pac-Man: Okay, this is getting ridiculous...
- Gumball: Look, I don't want to speak to you. There's nothing ridiculous about it.
- [Gumball trips, untwists his body using his legs and got back up]
- Pac-Man: I can't believe I'm about to say this, but, I apologize. [Quietly] For something I didn't do. [Normal] Okay?
- Gumball: I'm sorry man, I j- I can't accept your apology.
- Pac-Man: I guess... [Short pause] You wanna play Sonic R to get your mind off that memory?
- Gumball: Yeah.
- [How is Darwin doing in Hell?]
- [Cuts to Darwin in prison, trying to find a way out]
- Darwin: How do I get outta here now? [Looks at the window] Aha!
- [Before Darwin can get out of here, the door beeps, and Catra, Psycho Dad, and Death enter the room]
- Psycho Dad: What the hell are you doing?!
- Catra: Prisoner!
- Death: That’s Darwin, he's the fish who was Gumball's best friend who grew legs. And as such, he's possibly a Token Good Teammate If you ask me.
- Catra: I know him all to well, I was just.. Ugh... never mind. Look, Satan tasked us with your interrogation. So, there’s no use resisting.
- Darwin: But, Catra, I didn't threw Gumball right under the bus.
- Death: Then why would you let Gumball suffer so many times?
- Darwin: Because whenever he gets into trouble, I just wanted to help him and make him do the right thing. I mean, I would never do that to my bro.
- [Catra zaps the wall at Darwin, and he ducks to dodge]
- Catra: I don’t care what it takes. We're going to drag your stupid questions out of you.
- Darwin: [Notices the tazer, can grabs it out of Catra] Duude! I wonder that this does?
- Catra: What?! Hey!
- [Darwin fires Catra’s weapon at the ceiling]
- Psycho Dad: What ails you?!
- Darwin: I don't know, it just feels right.
- Catra: [snatching the weapon back in a rude way] Give it back!
- Darwin: But, I like that thing. Can I have it?
- Catra: NO! And stop! We're interrogating you!
- Darwin: Well, okay.... then, What do you want to know?
- Death: Why were you pushing Gumball's luck?
- Darwin: Because I'm Gumball's best friend. And whenever he causes trouble in his sarcastic schemes, I just call him out 24/7 on every turn and threw him right under the bus.
- Catra: You threw him right under the bus to make him stop his antics?
- Darwin: Well, sometimes. But not.... recently. Also, [Touch Death's scythe] where did you get that scythe from?
- Psycho Dad: Hey, you can’t just touch Death's weapon without even asking!
- Darwin: Oh, sorry..
The Photo [2.25]
- Gumball: Because your face is a muscle. The more you train it, the more awesome it looks.
The Storm [2.27]
- Alan: No, I love you more because I also love, loving you—
- Gumball: Sorry to interrupt. But can you please stop this?!
- Alan: What?
- Gumball: THIS! This hideous picture of happiness!
- [Masami, Carrie and Leslie chime in, agreeing with Gumball]
- Gumball: I'm so sick of your stupid pet names and your gross lovey-dovey faces. You don't see me and Penny acting like that.
- Pac-Man: That's because you're not going out with her.
- Gumball: Exactly, Darwin. [Sighs, before noticing somethings off] Wait, who are you?
- Pac-Man: Oh, me? I'm Pac-Man, don't you remember we first met at the Wattersons house?
- Gumball: [Blushes] Maybe...
- Idaho: You two are so beautiful, it makes me believe I, too, can find love. [Angrily] But when I look in the mirror, I realize I'm just a dirt covered ball of starch!
- [Alan moves to Idaho]
- Alan: But Idaho, if you wanna be loved... first, you gotta love yourself.
- Leslie: [Angrily] Yeah! You're so nice and sensitive too I can't even hate you!
- Masami: [Angrily] You're so perfect, it makes me wanna rain on your parade until you swell up, turn brown, and rot!
- [Carrie is confused, while everyone is silent]
- Carrie: [Clicks tongue] Uhhhh... I think what Masami is trying to say is that you guys are so perfect, it kinda makes us wish for your downfall.
- Masami: Uh-huh, why don't you go and be perfect somewhere else?
- Idaho: Yeah.
- Leslie: Well said, Carrie.
- [Everyone walks away except Alan, Carmen and Gumball. Gumball looks guilty]
The Limit [2.30]
- Gumball: [Screams and cries while lying down and bangs on the floor] I WANT THE CHOCOLATE EGGS!
- [Nicole sighs, and just as Anais and Pac-Man copy Gumball, Richard starts screaming. Gary walks by and gives Nicole a judgmental stare]
- Nicole: [Grabs two cans of hot dogs and speaks in a high-pitched voice while staring at the one on her right hand] Oh, Mommy, I want some chocolate. [Stares at the one on her left hand in a normal pitched voice] I'm sorry, little sausage, but you had too much candy this week. [Closes her eyes in a high pitched voice] WAH WAH WAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! [Squeezes the can in her right hand so hard it explodes; normal voice] Now all the little sausages are punished and going to have to wait in the car.
- Gumball: You paranoid nut bar, that stuff doesn't work.
- Anais: Then why are you holding a basket full of lipstick?
- Gumball: Three colors, five dollars! It'd be stupid not to buy it!
- [As Anais stares at him, Gumball realizes what she's saying]
- Gumball: This. Is. Perfect! If we use those tricks on Mom, we can get anything we want! It's foolproof! [Starts singing happily] Who's getting candy? [Points at Anais] Owww, you're getting candy! Uh! Uh! [Starts dancing]
- Pac-Man: I'm getting candy! [Twirls around] And he's getting candddddy!
- Richard: I'm getting candy?! [Pretends to shred on an air guitar] Uhn! Uhn! She's getting candy! [Points at Anais]
- Anais: Mmm, mmm, mmm-mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm! I'm getting candy, [Points at each of the three boys] you're getting candy, he's getting candy, he's getting candy, she's—
- Nicole: GET BACK TO THE CAR!
- [The other Wattersons, including Pac-Man, walk out in disappointment]
The Voice [2.31]
- Pac-Man: (Whistles) Hey, William! Feast your eye on this! (He squirts shampoo on Williams’s eye but missed, squirted in his face.) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! OOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW! Oh, wait. (laughs) It’s baby shampoo.
- William: In silence? [Realizes no one can hear him] Oh, gosh. No one can hear me, can they? I suppose that makes sense, I don't have a mouth. I thought you'd ignored me on purpose all my life. But when you blocked me on Elmore Plus, something...snapped. What was I thinking? I'm so sorry. You must be terrified and confused, I cannot apologize enough-
- Pac-Man: NOW! [They turn around, with Gumball holding a tennis racket. He swats William, and William flies out of a window]
The Castle [2.33]
- Anais: [Squirts whipped cream into her mouth] And it's Dad who's looking after us. [Squirts some more whipped cream into her mouth]
- [Gumball jumps into Pac-Man's arms with a slow iris shot as they smile. Just before it closes, Anais squirts whipped cream into Gumball's mouth]
- Gumball: Ahh... I was hoping you'd do that.
The Tape [2.35]
- Stan: [voice over a scene of all the kids walking down Main Street at the amusement park] So today we went to Daisyland with all our possible friends. [cut to Stan seated on a green sofa under a spotlight] It was a really fun time. We rode all the rides and everyone got along great.
- Cartman: [on a blue sofa] I think the person that stood out most at the amusement park was Kirby. [cut to Kirby entertaining Stan, Cartman, Kyle, SpongeBob, Mordecai, Rigby, and Pac-Man]
- Kirby: [cut to Kirby on a dark green sofa] Well, the reason I think I would be a perfect friend to Gumball, is that I love eating things, sucking peoples abilites, and..... You know? Float.
- Kyle: [seated on a cyan sofa] Julie Hinikawa. Now there's an interesting choice. Julie has a lot of qualities that I look for in a friend, because she's malicious and both kind-hearted and friendly every once in a while.
- Julie: If I was picked as Gumball's best friend, what would The Amazing World of Gumball be like, The Amazing World of Gumball without Darwin... OH WAIT! The Amazing World of Gumball and Julie! [a shot of Julie trying out her new spiked wristbands from the store] You have the best spiked wristbands! [Does a karate chop motion with her wristbands at the process, imitating like she's chopping some bricks with her hand] Ha! Hiya!
- Yumi: [delightful] Ohhh, go on.
- Pikachu: [a shot of the kids on the mine track ride, Pikachu in front with Mordecai and Rigby. Cut to the electric mouse Pokémon seated on a red sofa] I think I deserve to take Darwin's place the most, because, Finn has Jake, Mordecai has Rigby, Sonic has Tails, Mac has Bloo, and.... you get the idea...
- Rigby: ...Yeah, I've only seen him since I've watch Pokémon at the time.
- Mordecai: Good point, dude. It would be best If he joined with Gumball. [Rigby takes a sip of ZOOP soda]
- SpongeBob: [a shot of Kyle, Cartman, SpongeBob, and Fygar & Pooka in a spinning teacup] To be honest, Fygar and Pooka are a tough choice because, [cut to SpongeBob talking] even though I can see how long Gumball can last with the two enemies from Dig Dug tagging along with him, Fygar is impulsive and has trouble with his fire breath, and Pooka doesn't even have any hands.
- Fygar: Man, I really hope we win, because we can't handle this torment of our arcade game anymore!
- Pooka: Yeah, nether do we!
- Pac-Man: We decided to get some one-on-one time with my long lost brother, Pacster and ride the Stomach Destroyer rollercoaster. [cut to the Stomach Destroyer] The great thing was that, because Pacster has his Pac-Man Party design, we got to go to the front of the line.
- [the boys are escorted to the first car, cut back to Cartman]
- Cartman: That was definitely big points for Pacster, you know, but, but then we got to the ride itself, and...
- Pacster: [back at the ride. Stan, Cartman, Kyle, SpongeBob, Mac, Bloo, Pac-Man, get on the ride] Hey, can I get a little help here? I can't reach.
- Pac-Man: Sure thing, bro.
- SpongeBob: Truce?
- Cartman: Truce. [turns to his note pad, and writes down some numbers as Pac-Man finally helped Pacster get onto the ride]
- Kyle: [on the sofa] But right now I'd say if we're gonna have a long lost... I mean echo friend of Pac-Man, I, I have to pick Bloo. Because Bloo is insenstive, self-centered, but has a good heart underneath it all and can show some kindness at times.
- Bloo: [cuts back to the rollercoaster, as everyone began to scream as the ride goes all the way down while they're having fun, much to Bloo, Mordecai and Rigby's excitement] WOO-HOO! THIS IS SO AWESOME!!!
- Mordecai and Rigby: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
- SpongeBob: [voice over a scene of everybody walking down Main Street at Elmore] One thing for sure. But the biggest problem of all is; picking a new best friend for Gumball isn't going to be easy....
- [Cut to cardboard saying "Commercial Break"]
- Gumball and Pac-Man: [Off-screen] Doo-doo-doo-doo-doo, commercial break!
- [Cut to Gumball washing his face with soap]
- Gumball: [Turns] People always ask me, how do you look so horrible? Is it natural? Well... [Whispers] here's my secret.
- [Camera cuts to Gumball holding a jar of green slime]
- Gumball: Crème de Huaah!
- [Cut to Pac-Man gathering fridge mold and placing it in a jar, and giving a thumbs up]
- Gumball: [Voice-over] With active ingredients including fridge mold and ham sweat, [Cut back to Gumball holding a jar of green slime. He rubs it on his cheeks] its pimple inducing formula is guaranteed to keep your skin oily and rank.
- [Cut to Gumball walking down the hall with Carmen, Leslie and Penny looking disgustingly at his face]
- Gumball: Hey guys! Crème de Huaah!
- Carmen: Ugh!
- Penny: Ew!
- Gumball: [Faces the camera, revealing a disgusting face] For him, and for huaah!
The Coach [3.03]
- [Scene begins outside the infirmary, where Gumball knocks on the door when the ground next to him opens up and a bunch of red arms lift Darwin out, restoring him to the story line. Darwin lands on the ground, and Gumball notices]
- Darwin: [cheerfully] Hey, buddy. What's going on?
- Gumball: Oh, hey, Darwin. Where were you?
- Darwin: Oh, I was just hanging out over there. [points off-screen]
- Gumball: You apologized. [The "You apologized." fades in and out.]
- Jamie: Yeah, whatever, you better shut up if you don't want Mr. and Mrs. Pain to invite you to dinner! They only serve filet-o-fist!
- Gumball: [Twists his jaw back] It's fine. You can let that anger go, Jamie. You touched our hearts yesterday.
- Jamie: Oh, I'll touch your heart--with my fist!
- Gumball: That's...quite a vivid image, but we understand. You don't have to be a bully anymore. Coach saw what we were all too blind to see, that you're really a sweet, kind, orange...thing with, uh, a hat...or a wig or some kind of a helmet...and horns that we're proud to call our friend.
- Jamie: [throws Gumball in Darwin’s mouth] I am not anyone's friend! The only friends I need are Grandma and Grandpa Fist, and they don't give candy. I'm gonna show you. I'm gonna do something so bad, it'll go down in SCHOOL HISTORY!
- Gumball: We really need to work on Jamie's hugging technique.
- Gumball: You don't think Jamie will do anything bad, do you?
- Darwin: Well, just because she fed Anton to the ducks... [Flashback of said moment briefly plays] Or that she chewed Teri's own body to spit it back in her face... [Flashback of said moment briefly plays] Or that she ate a little bit of Sarah and Banana Joe... [Flashback of said moment briefly plays]
- Gumball: (scared) Dude, stop! I can't take any more horrible flashbacks!
- Darwin: But, everyone are different now. Just because she did all that doesn't mean [sees Jamie] that she's capable of climbing into the back of a teacher's car and [Becomes very startled and fearful] DOING SOMETHING SO BAD THAT IT'LL GO DOWN IN SCHOOL HISTORY!
The Puppy [3.05]
- Darwin: At least he passed away peacefully.
- Gumball: Yeah, like a peaceful, evil raisin.
- [The kids and Richard are giving the turtle a funeral]
- Darwin:[Sniffles] Before we say goodbye to our beloved family pet, Evil Turtle, I think we should all say a few words to let him know how much he meant to us.
- Gumball, Anais and Richard: Hmmm.
- Darwin: I'll always think fondly of the way he put fear into my heart.
- Gumball, Anais and Richard: Hmmm.
- Anais: Every time I stare down at the scar tissue on my hand, I'll think of him.
- Gumball and Darwin: Hmmm.
- Richard: Only once in your lifetime, does something touch your heart in the way that... awesome store did! [Sobs in his hands]
- Gumball: Dad, you gotta move on.
- Anais: Gumball, do you have anything you like to add?
- Gumball: Yeah, er.... I'll miss his.... you know the funny way he... the thing he... I got nothing.
- Darwin: [Drops the dead turtle into the trash bag] All of this because we couldn't take care of him.
- [Darwin cries over the turtle and a single drop falls on the turtle who immediately recovers and hisses at them, scaring Gumball]
- Darwin: He was revived by my tear!
- Gumball: IT FEEDS ON MISERY!!!
- [The turtle climbs out and crosses the road away from the Wattersons, hissing and snarling furiously]
- Darwin: Somebody save him, he could get hurt!
- [The Turtle moves into the path of a speeding car in which the car crashes into pieces and the turtle was unharmed and unfazed by the impact]
- Anais: Forget saving the turtle, we need a plan to save the neighborhood.
(Before the monster turtle could come any closer, Anais traps it in the bowl.)
- Anais: Well, I guess there's no getting rid of it. We'll have to keep it for as long as it lives.
- Nicole: How long do they live?
- Anais: 130 years.
The Name [3.07]
- Gumball: (Gumball's sweat pours out and Gumball's organs are crying.) I'm weak.
- Nicole: (to Gumball) Your real name is Zach.
- Red Construction Man: (to Gumball as Zach) Hey, kid, get in line like everyone else!
- Crocodile Woman: (to Gumball as Zach/Darwin) You've got 3 seconds to move or I'll bingo-wing you.
- Red Construction Man: (to Gumball as Zach/Darwin): Get back in the line.
- Darwin: (to Gumball as Zach) aah, dude, you can say sorry to these people before they get heavy items at the bottom of the car?!
- Darwin: (to Gumball as Zach) NO, WAIT, WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!
- Darwin: (to Gumball as Zach) No wait!
- Crocodile Woman: (to Gumball as Zach/Darwin) I warned you.
The Gripes [3.09]
- Alan: (to the crowd) THESE CHILDREN NEED HEEEEELP!
- Banana Bob Grunting: THEY LIED TO UUUUUUS!
- Gumball: we (Gumball/Darwin) DIDN'T LIE! (to Darwin) We're mega poor, right, Darwin?!
- Banana Bob: (to Gumball/Darwin) PROVE IIIIIIT!
- Gumball: EVERYBODY, LISTEN, I think we all learned a very important lesson today and this lesson is...don't complain, be happy with what you got! no, that's.... uh, quite right?! uh, be careful of what you say! nah, no, that's not it either uh, don't jump to conclusions, no, no, don't try to be something you're... not... 'cause uh,... be yourselves?! I don't know, man... maybe the lesson is sometimes, some people do stuffy, things happen and it kind of goes nowhere, anyway, thanks for the check bye!
The Mothers [3.17]
- Banana Joe: Your mom's aren't the superest, mine is! It's written right here.
- Gumball: Dude. Just because you wrote something, doesn't mean it's true.
- Darwin: What is it anyway?
- Banana Joe: What do you mean, "What is it?" It's a banana!
- [He shows his card. On it is "Superest mom" with a sad clown's face. No one says anything, and he puts his arm down]
- Gumball: Look, I don't want to break anyone's heart here, but at the max, your mom could be the superest in your neighborhood.
- Darwin: But sometimes Mrs. Mom drives down their street.
- Gumball: Oh, yeah, right. Superest mom in your house then, tops.
The Shell [3.20]
- Gumball: Oh, what have I done?!
The Bros [3.22]
- Gumball: What's your best dance move?
- [Darwin does his best dance move, sliding from side to side in his seat]
- Darwin: What's yours?
- Gumball: Cossack dance, but there's a problem with it.
- Darwin: What?
- [Gumball gets off of his seat, and dances. He repeatedly kicks himself in the face as he does so]
- Gumball: My torso's too short.
- [They both laugh. Gumball goes back to his seat]
- Darwin: BACK OFF, PENNY FITZGERALD!! HE'S MY BROTHER FROM ANOTHER MOTHER!!!
The Mirror [3.23]
- Gumball: (sighs) Come on, just say it.
- Darwin: What?
- Gumball: Well, I lost all my money, my friends, and my girlfriend, so you were right to take that curse seriously. Come on, just say "I told you so."
- Darwin: I don't know what you take me for, but I get no pleasure out of this. (reaching the house) Let's just hope our family is still there.
- [Gumball slowly opens the door]
- Gumball: (nervously) Hello? Mom? Dad?
- Darwin: (closes door) Told you so.
- Gumball: (slapping Darwin) STOP, YOU'RE BEING HYSTERICAL!!!
- [Darwin slaps him back. Gumball also slaps back. They both keep slapping each other quickly before stopping]
- Gumball: Okay, let's stop. This isn't very constructive.
- Darwin: Exactly! We're doing this my way now. We're getting help--magical help.
The Pizza [3.25]
- Gumball: Uh, what do you want?!
(A microphone goes off.)
- Mr. Small: (through intercom) This is our territory, and YOU are now our prey...
- Gumball: What?! are you planning to eat us?!
(Mr. Small climbs down and approaches the Wattersons.)
- Mr. Small: Yes. I ran out of tofu and soy milk. Say, you guys aren't on any antibiotics, are you? If I have to eat meat, I want it to be organic.
- Gumball: Are you serious?!
- Mr. Small: I'm sorry, but it's survival of the fittest.
- Nicole: Good! Then you won't mind me doing this.
(Nicole grabs Mr. Small and throws him. The other dystopians are dealt with in short order as Nicole easily beats them.)
- Alan: (to Nicole) HEY!
(Nicole turns toward Alan. She walks toward him before blowing an effortless breath of air, instantly popping him.)
- Gumball, Darwin, Anais, Nicole and Richard: YEAAAAAAAAAH!
- Larry: Why are you guys here? And why are you dressed like that?
- Gumball: Because, it's the apocalypse, and because… well, it-it's the apocalypse!
- Anais: Society collapsed as soon as you resigned!
- Larry: But that was only twenty minutes ago.
The Saint [3.29]
- Alan: AAH! Can you please stop making that noise?!
- Gumball: What?
- Alan: Dragging your feet! It's grating!
- Gumball: Oh, but I don't understand. You mean this? [Squeaks floor]
- Alan: [Yells] STOP IT, YOU JERK!
- Gumball: YES! Ha ha! I finally dragged you down to my level! I knew you could be broken! Oh, I feel so much better about myself. I gotta go tell Darwin!
- [Gumball runs off, and Alan screams in rage. Then Alan calms down, smiles, and makes his face again]
- Alan: [Whispering] Whatever makes you happy, my friend.
The Society [3.33]
- (Prinicpal Brown gives Gumball detention (as Gumball's punishment) for accidentally doing wrong things)
- Banana Joe: (storms away from Gumball)
- Idaho: (storms off)
The Countdown [3.35]
- [Darwin draws a watch onto his wrist. Seeing the time, he gasps before rushing to the room]
- Darwin: Wake up! We're gonna be late for school!
- Gumball: (sighs) I'll get up when the alarm goes off.
- Darwin: But you've already pressed the snooze button!
- Gumball: That was five minutes ago.
- Darwin: That was an hour ago! Snooze time goes faster than regular time.
- Gumball: (sighs) I just found the perfect position.
- [Darwin pulls the cover off, revealing Gumball in a potentially bone-breaking position]
- Darwin: It looks like you fell from the seventh floor.
- Gumball: Come on, just another minute.
- Darwin: [carrying Gumball] No, we're already late! See?
- [Outside, the bus drives away, causing the boys to panic]
The Downer [3.37]
- Gumball: If you're all hiding so I'd get up, I would like to point out that technically I haven't left my bed, so you don't win! Fine! [Throws his mattress off his back] If everyone is really gone, then no one would mind if I did this.
- [Gumball has a weird looking face and knocks over a lamp, the lamp hits the TV, that knocks over and hits a shelf, stuff on the top of the shelf like a vase, falls and then a vase bounces back up and hits the shelf back to where it was, the shelf knocks the TV back where it was, then the TV hits the lamp then hits Gumball, and then he falls]
- Gumball: [Looks around, rubbing his cheek] Aaaaaa- it hurts, [Making weird movements] Ahhhh- I think I fractured my nose and sprained an ear or something. Aa! I think I need very expensive medical help, unless someone gave me a magic kiss? [Thinks and extends his mouth to his cheek, giving himself a kiss] What is going on here? [Gasp] I made a terrible wish [Starts to tear up] and now my whole family have disappeared! [Grouchy face] Good.
The Triangle [3.39]
- Prinicpal Brown: (throws Gumball out of the locker room and on the ground.)
- Gumball: (pushes Leslie for inserting gum in and sabotaging Darwin's whistle) NOOO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
- Leslie: THE SOLO IS MINE, NOT DARWIN'S! HE STOLE MY SPOTLIGHT, AND FLOWERS NEED LIGHT TO GROW!
- Gumball: (pushes Leslie) Dude, you're a flower boy who plays a flute in a school band. You don't want this to get violent!
- Leslie: You were talking to someone who was a dancer since the year he was born in! (slaps Gumball and punches and kicks Gumball to give him a black eye)
- Gumball: What I meant (takes the Archie head off) (Gumball's black eye and swollen face are shown.) was violence is never the answer, dude. You're supposed to be happy for your friend's success. This isn't about Darwin being good at something, it's about you refusing to make the effort to better yourself, and you know what the definition of that kind of person is?
- Leslie: You!
- Gumball: Exactly.
- Leslie: No, I don't want that to happen!
- Gumball: So, why don't we just enjoy the success of our friend even if it means that we get left behind?
- Leslie: You're right!
- Gumball: Quick, he's about to play the solo!
(Outside, all eyes turn to Darwin as a drumroll plays over...and over...and over to signal his cue. Under stage fright, he plays his whistle, but it comes out more shaky and lacking in resonance, causing the crowd to boo him.)
- Man: He's terrible!
(However, Gumball and Leslie righteously nod to congratulate their friend.)
The Uploads [4.15]
- (The episode opens on Gumball's computer, as opens the internet and goes to the Elmore Stream-It website. Before he can click a video...)
- Darwin: DON'T DO IT!
- Gumball: (crying) Come on, man. I just need one. Just one video! Just let me click one!
- Darwin: No! You know what happens if you disappear down the Elmore Stream-Hole. Who knows how many precious hours you'll lose watching idiotic online videos. So just back away from the PC.
- Gumball: DON'T COME ANY CLOSER!! I'LL CLICK IT! I WILL!!
- Darwin: Don't! Just calm down. Take your hands away from the keyboard.
- (Gumball puts his hands up.)
- Darwin: Now slowly back away from the computer.
- (Gumball steps off the stool.)
- Darwin: Now turn around, nice and easy.
- (When Gumball turns, he tearfully reveals he is still holding the mouse and is threatening to click the video. Darwin becomes worried.)
- Darwin: Don't! You've got too much to live for! You've got family, right?
- (Gumball nods)
- Darwin: And friends, yeah?
- (Gumball nods)
- Darwin: You got a girlfriend, too?
- (Gumball nods more frantically)
- Darwin: Then why waste your life online like this?!
- Gumball: Just leave me. It's too late for me. It's too late...
- Darwin: It's never too late to choose life...instead of the internet. Just drop the mouse.
- (Gumball nervously hesitates)
- Darwin: YOU'VE GOT TOO MUCH TO LIVE FOR!! DROP THE MOUSE! DROP THE MOUSE!! DROP IT! DROP IT NOW! DROP IT!!!!!!
- Gumball: OKAY, OKAY!
- (Gumball drops the mouse, but it starts to drop down until it lands on the left clicker, playing the video. The boys are then drawn to the screen by its irresistible force.)
- Darwin: Well, I guess one's okay.
The Hug [4.17]
- Darwin: So what are you gonna do?
- Gumball: I'm gonna man up, and put an end to this!
- Darwin: You're just gonna make yourself so unlikable that he has to take responsibility for the end of the friendship, aren't you?
- [Gumball is about to interrupt]
- Darwin: But first you're gonna deny it.
The Traitor [4.19]
- Gumball: [opens hospital door and says to Alan] YOU BUT GUSTED!
- [Darwin steps in front of Alan in determination, tears off his surgical mask, and begins to blow in air to re-inflate the balloon; at that moment a band-aid doctor throws open the operating room door]
- Doctor: What's going on he–
- [He sees Darwin, gasps and backs away. The door swings closed]
- Darwin: Uh– I think the anesthetic's worn off!
- Gumball: How can you tell?
- Alan: MY INSIDES ARE POURING OUT!!!
- Darwin: What do we do!?
- [Darwin and Alan are both screaming; Gumball, unamused, licks a finger and pokes it into the balloon opening, like a plug]
- Gumball: ..Okay, now look for his flatulum.
- [Darwin takes a step and slips on an invisible organ]
- Darwin: AAH! Found it...
- Gumball: [Determined] Then scrape it off your shoe and prepare for surgery!
- [The scene cuts to Gumball's face as he is immensely concentrated on the operation he's doing. Darwin presses a towel on Gumball's forehead to remove the sweat]
- Gumball: Scalpel... [Darwin hands it over] Forceps... [Darwin hands it over] Mayonnaise... [Darwin hands over a jar of mayo; a moment later Gumball picks up the sandwich he just made] There you go!
- [Darwin bites it with delight]
- Darwin: Mmm, that's really good!
The Misunderstandings [4.32]
- [Darwin's hilarious moment of all time!]
- [Gumball runs to the door and puts on his pants and sweater quickly]
- Darwin: [Runs up to Gumball] Gumball, look. I learned how to wiggle my ears. Check it out! [Stands still, squinting] Is it happening? Are they wiggling?
- [Gumball walks out the door]
- Darwin: Wha-- Wait a second! I jus- I just had it! You gotta see!
- Gumball: Uh, yeah. [Describes something with his hands]
- Darwin: What do you mean you wanna buy a new pair of fruit bikinis but you're not sure if the milk is off?
- Gumball: What?
- Darwin: That's what you just described with your hands.
- Gumball: Ok. First, you don't have ears. And secondly, this is what people do when they wanna get out of a conversation without being mean.
- Darwin: Well I think it's a little bit confusing.
- Gumball: How is this remotely confusing? [Repeating his earlier gestures] "I'm late, I have to go, I have to hurry, I might call you but I definitely won't."
The Blame [4.34]
- Billy: [Gasps] What is this dazzling juxtaposition of sound and image?
- Darwin: It's a video game.
- Billy: So these are the video games of which Mother warned me! How do they function?
- Gumball: See this dude with the muscles of a bodybuilder and the haircut of a Korean pop star? That's me. And I have to blast these monsters over here to save... stuff? [Leaves his seat] Here, try it!
- Billy: But is it not dangerous? Mother always says that video games can make one lose contact with reality. That they encourage loose behavior and violent tendencies. Much like rock and roll music, long hair, and vaccinations.
- Darwin: Um, no? They're just fun.
- Billy: Well, I suppose there's no harm in trying it once. [Chuckles] In the name of science, of course! [Sits down and starts playing] [Screaming] WHOO! THIS IS AMAZING!!
- [The camera zooms into Billy's eyes, transitioning to various video game scenes. Billy can be heard screaming and laughing off-screen]
- Billy: THE FUN! IT'S TOO MUCH! TOO MUCH! I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!
- [When the sequence stops he falls to the ground drooling rainbows]
- Darwin: What was that all about?
- Gumball: He didn't even make it past the loading screen!
The Slap [4.35]
- [The scene opens on Gumball taking his finger out of Darwin's mouth]
- Darwin: No, I don't think USBing will replace a high-five.
- Gumball: Maybe it's the name. What about "digit dogging"?
- Darwin: I don't think the name's a problem. Although, admittedly, that name would be a problem.
The Rerun [5.01]
- Gumball: Trust me, Darwin. Rob is gonna destroy us all. I've seen the future!
- Darwin: Okay, prove it.
- Gumball: Right. Pick a game from the bargain bin.
- [Darwin takes a game and Gumball starts talking without even looking at the game]
- Gumball: Extreme Tractor Race. Review says: "Here's a cheat code: go left, forward, forward, right, forward, forward, back to the store where you bought it, and ask for a refund."
- Darwin: [Gasps] You really can tell the future!
- Gumball: Yes! And things are about to get–
- Darwin: No! Whatever you say could alter the future in some terrible way!
- Gumball: Yeah, but whatever you do in the present does that anyway. Look, you just need to know that–
- Darwin: [Puts his hands over his gills] Stop! I refuse to know!
- Gumball: Dude, you don't have ears, you're just covering your gills. You won't hear the future, but you won't live to see it either if you can't breathe.
The Guy [5.02]
- [Anais nervously walks up to the new kid]
- Anais: (yelling) HI! I'M ANAIS!!!
- Josh: (yelling) HI, I'M JOSH! DO YOU WANT TO BE FRIENDS?!
- Anais: YES! DO YOU MIND IF I DO A LITTLE HAPPY DANCE?!
- Josh: OF COURSE NOT! MIND IF I JOIN YOU?!
- [Anais and Josh dance for a few seconds]
- Josh: SEE YOU FOR LUNCH!
- Anais: OKAY!!!!
The Vision [5.04]
(The episode opens in the school shower, where Gumball and Darwin finish cleaning themselves.)
- Gumball: Hey, Darwin. I think I'm getting leaner. I feel like another ab is coming. Do you see anything?
- [Gumball flexes his chest, but there is obviously nothing.]
- Darwin: No, but your bummy looks pretty ripped.
- Gumball: [confused] My what, now?
- Darwin: Bummy. How your butt turns into your tummy!
- Gumball: Oh! I call it my "gutootie". Looks pretty rad when I suck it in.
(Gumball and Darwin slyly look at Alan's photos.)
- Gumball: Oh. This one is called "Total Serenity".
(The photo shows Alan and Carmen on a camping trip, but in the distance, a man is shown naked and censoring himself behind a bush.)
- Gumball: (snickering) Or "Total Nudity".
- Gumball: This one is called "A Beautiful Spot"...
(The next photo shows a beach day, but in the distance, a dog is shown attempting to poop.)
- Darwin: ...to relieve yourself!
(The boys laugh until they come upon a document.)
- Gumball: Hey, what's this? (clicks document) "My vision, by Alan Keane. A manifesto on how I can gain the power I need to purge Elmore Junior High of its greatest problem"?
- Gumball and Darwin: WHAT!?!
- Darwin: You better read it.
- Gumball: "To become school president, I might need to work a little on my appearance. (shifts to Alan's voice) The more serious a leader looks, the more seriously he will be taken.
- Alan: The next step is to alter my voice, (lowers to a deep and booming voice) lowering it to give it a little more gravitas--Maybe not that low--, (shifts to a Southern accent) and then just a hint of an accent, for...approachability.
The Code [5.07]
- Gumball: Hm. It's not touch-sensitive and it looks like a double keyboard with the letters all messed up.
The Test [5.08]
(The episode opens in the school library.)
- Gumball: The internet--a place of infinite knowledge, only a click away. A place to offer wisdom and unite every being...and this is what they do with it. (Gestures to a photo collage of llamas) "26 pictures of llamas that basically sum up the human condition"?
- Sarah: (giggling) But look at that one having a bad hair day!
(Sarah moves to a llama with an afro-like hairdo and a toothy smile.)
- Gumball: Sarah, this is just a llama-based ploy to ram as much advertising into your face as possible.
- Sarah: But it's good advertising. Look at this: "Doctors hate him. Learn his five-step trick for rock-hard abs."
- Gumball: (looking at the ad) Sarah, that's a picture of a rock.
The Potato [5.12]
(As Darwin walks toward Mr. Small, something catches his eye.)
- Darwin: What's that on your desk?
- Mr. Small: Nothing! Go back to the part where you were saying what a great duo therapist I am.
- Darwin: I never said that. (Walks to the desk and reveals the hidden object) Is that a string of sausages? And there are steaks hidden under here!
(Gumball and Sarah gasp at this atrocity!)
- Mr. Small: Wait! It's not what this looks like! I've been hiding meat around my desk because I CAN'T STOP EATING IT!
- Gumball: That's exactly what it looks like.
- Darwin: YOU'RE A TOTAL FAKE! (tearing up) That's it!
(Darwin picks up a raw potato.)
- Gumball and Sarah: NO!
- Darwin: (crying) I'm sorry, but this is who I am!
(Darwin eats the potato, but, unexpectedly, nothing happens.)
- Darwin: Huh. I don't feel any different. Do I look okay?
(Gumball, Sarah, and Mr. Small's head are all replaced by potatoes with faces.)
- Gumball: Potato.
- Mr. Small: Potato.
- Sarah: Potato, potato.
(The scene fades to a dark background as the potato heads vocalize.)
- Potato Heads: (singing) Potaaaato! Potaaaato!
- Potato #4:
- Hello, Darwin, nice to see you
- Glad to have you back with us
- We have things we need to tell you,
- If it isn't too much fuss.
- We really can't forgive you when you cut us into pieces
- WE WISH YOU HADN'T EATEN ALL OUR NEPHEWS AND OUR NIECES!
- Mashed and baked and fried and roasted...
- Sautéed, boiled, grilled and toasted
- Peeled off all our skin, gouged out all our eyes,
- Diced us into wedges and you sliced us into fries!
- We are glad we came to see you
- One more thing we must discuss
- The final thing we need to say is---
- PLEASE, WILL YOU STOP EATING US?!!
The Menu [5.27]
- Gumball: That wasn't even a pun! That's just what that word is!
- (Richard slams down the map on the counter. His flab wiggles around for a few moments before stopping.)
- Larry: Sir, you've earned this. I give you...the M'Guffin!
- (Richard gasps as the box opens to reveal a heavenly burger.)
- Richard: Look at it! IT'S LIKE IT'S MADE OF LIGHT!
- Gumball: Nah, that's a regular burger--just grosser than usual.
The Singing [5.31]
- [The scene opens on a rainy day]
- Shower Head: (singing) The day might be gray, but you can chase all your troubles away when you're singiiiinnng!
- [A sleepy Nicole hears the voice from the bathroom and walks up]
- Shower Head: So things may seem blue, but what does that matter to you when you're singiiinnng! (Nicole opens the curtain) Oh! Hey, don't you ever knock?
- Nicole: (singing) You're too loud! Keep it down, or you'll wake everybody inu town with your (threatening) SINGIIIINNG!
- Shower Head: (laughs) You look rough and half-dead. Did you get out the wrong side of bed?? Let's keep singiinnng!
- [Nicole rips the shower head off the wall and into a trash can]
- Gumball: Okay, I think I'm feeling it. Um, so, do I just dive in, Entrapta?
- [Entrapta nods in agreement]
- Gumball: ♪ ♫ Okay.... Every single day, I had to live with my family,
- Mom is a raging loose cannon, and my Dad is a irresponsible slob,
- And Anais' a gremlin, and so does Darwin who sprouted legs,
- That's the reason why ran away, because they just reached my limit!
- The adventure was real, I need to find a new home,
- I visited the Regular Show universe and I once moved into the Candy Kingdom,
- Mordecai and Rigby slack off all day while I do all the work,
- I left the Candy Kingdom, because Ice King drop Princess Bubblegum into the boiling well.
- Visiting Foster's Home, but it got completely difficult,
- Bloo was rude to me, and Mac and Frankie didn't call him out for this,
- And as the Band member from Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi,
- Ami, Yumi, and Julie teach me how to play the ukulele so I could sound great.
- Had to lose all respect with my parents, my Mom is an irrational ill-tempered,
- Anais sided with her Mom to punish me and Darwin, and he threw me right under the bus,
- But I don't wanna go back with them, I... I don't know what else to do... ♪ ♫
- Entrapta: Oh, but I can!
- Gumball: ♪ ♫ Entrapta, just... just let me finish the song.
- Man, I hate my life,
- Man, I hate my life,
- Man, I hate my life,
- I kinda wish I moved away.
- Man, I hate my life,
- Man, I hate my life,
- Man, I hate my life,
- I wish good luck would come into my way.
- Man, I hate my life,
- Man, I hate my life,
- Man, I hate my life,
- I wish that everything was right,
- Man, I hate my life,
- Man, I hate my life,
- Man, I hate my life,
- I wish that everything was right. ♪ ♫
- Entrapta: [Happily applauds] Fascinating!
The Petals [5.35]
- [The scene cuts to a gardening store. Gumball and Darwin spray Leslie with fertilizer, causing him to suffocate]
- Leslie: [Coughing] Wait!
- [He puts his leaves over his face, and when he lifts them, discovers that he has become more handsome]
- Leslie: [Gasps] I'm beautiful. Wait! I'm more beautiful than I've ever been!
- [The camera pans out, revealing Leslie's rippling pecks as his leaves undulate in the wind]
- Leslie: Look at me, world, and gag upon my eleganza!
- [Leslie laughs diabolically, but the scene reveals itself to be a fertilizer-adled hallucination as he lies on the floor giggling, no less hideous. Gumball and Darwin look at him with disgust and spray him one more time, causing him to pass out]
- Leslie: I don't care about the people who love me! I've already got their validation. It's the people who don't love me I need to impress! [Makes a fashion pose]
- Gumball: [Reading the gardening book] Wait a second. Dude, I've got it! You're just wilting! It's completely normal.
- Leslie: Really?
- Gumball: Yeah! And there's a very simple solution.
- Gumball: Leslie! Would you stop being a drama queen and listen to us for a second?
- Leslie: Since when is being scared of decapitation considered over-dramatic?!
- Darwin: We're doing this for your own good, man. Think about your face. It'll just continue rotting.
- Leslie: I see. So it's better to leave a hot memory than cold compost. I agree! Do it!
- Gumball: [laughing] What? No, your head will regrow.
- Leslie: Oh. Alright, then!
- [Leslie tugs at his head until he pulls it off, collapsing straight after. After that, Gumball and Darwin shift back into their Gardening Thyme faces to finish the show.]
- Gumball: And that concludes our episode.
- Darwin: And when will we get to see our pretty flower grow, Gumball?
- Gumball: When spring comes back in about six months.
The Line [5.38]
- [Rotten Cupcake and Julius watch the video, which shows Gumball disguised as a movie critic, "reviewing" the film]
- Gumball: What up, Elmore Streamers, it's Dollyboy1923, aka PixelDonkey. I just got back from seeing Stellar Odyssey, Colon, The Force Rehashed. No spoilers, but it's so refreshing to see less CGI space battles and more sock puppets. And what a brave decision it was to recast all the main characters as female, including the robots.
- Julius: Ughh, I can't believe it! They ruined the whole [Throws phone onto the ground] franchise! [Angrily walks away]
- Rotten Cupcake: Dude, that was my phone! You could've just stopped the video. [Walks away]
The News [5.40]
- (After the intro sequence, the news anchor appears on camera, where the makeup makes last-minute adjustments before being gestured away.)
- Kip: Hello! I'm Kip Schlevishinger, and this is Elmore News! Dramatic events unfold today as police were called in to tackle a robbery that took place in broad daylight--further proof that our town is no longer safe for anyone, anytime, anyday, anywhere in any way. Anywho, we have a reporter who is live at the scene of the robbery. Mike.
(The camera cuts to Mike the Microphone Guy, covering the scene of the robbery.)
- Mike: Thanks, Kip. Elmore Police received an anonymous call at around 1:00 pm reporting a robbery here at Joyful Burger. The units have responded with a low-key operation, handling the situation with sensitivity and minimal force.
- (The camera zooms out to show the police surrounding the parking lot, wearing SWAT armor and with tasers at the ready--the EXACT opposite of "minimal force".)
- Kip: Celebrity news now, as the children's entertainer Daisy the Donkey suffered what can only be described as an on-set meltdown.
(A clip of the Daisy the Donkey TV show plays.)
- Daisy: Good morning, little children!
- Children's Voices: Good morning, Daisy!
- Daisy: Hahaha! Welcome to Daisy the Donkey Show!
- Children's Voices: Yay!
- Daisy: Today, I have a special surpri--
(Daisy's costar, Sally the Snake, jumps onto the set.)
- Sally: Hi, kidsssss!
- Daisy: (scoffs) I can't believe this. Did you read the script?! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO COME IN AFTER MY LINE!!
- Sally: Sorry, man. I was just improvising, you know, winging it. So, kids, is everybody s--
- Daisy: (cutting Sally off) Okay, okay, okay, okay. First off, you don't call me "man". You call me Ms. Daisy. And secondly--YOU STICK TO THE DARN SCRIPT!!!!!
- Sally: Dude, we're live.
- Daisy: I DON"T CARE IF WE'RE LIVE! YOU'RE AN AMATUER, SURFING UP MY WAY, AND RIGHT NOW, YOU'RE RUINING MY SHOW! (shoves Sally)
- Sally: HEY! Did you just push me?
(Daisy answers with a mocking nod.)
- Sally: 'Cause I'LL PUSH YOU RIGHT BACK!!!
(Daisy and Sally start fighting on set. The camera cuts far out to show the puppeteer still in character as Daisy rips off Sally's eyes)
- Sally: (screams) MY EYESSSSS!
The Rival [6.01]
- Gumball: Listen, I'm not jealous! It's just, do you remember adopting Darwin bringing so much joy to our lives? Don't you think we should give that gift of happiness to another family? And by "gift of happiness", I mean Anaïs. And by "another family", I mean a pack of scavenging hyenas.
- Nicole: Look, I understand, you're not the little kids of the house anymore and it's a big adjustment. It was difficult for your father as well.
- (Richard frowns sadly.)
- Nicole: But just because there's a new baby in the house doesn't mean we'll love you any less.
- Gumball: So love multiplies?
- Nicole: No, it divides, but I'm willing to make sure to preserve your father's portion and hope our marriage survives until you go to college.
- Richard: (nods along before realizing what she said) Wait, what?
- Nicole: Now, let's hug.
- [The four embrace, but Anais vengefully watches from her crib. In baby speak, she proclaims...]
- Anais: (This is war. War does not determine who is right, only who is le-)
- [When Anais slams down her hand, it lands on a music toy. She shifts to her baby nature as she laughs delightedly]
The One [6.05]
- [Gumball is shown fixing the door with a screwdriver while Darwin watches.]
- Gumball: There.
- [Tobias is heard rolling into the living room before finally arriving in frame]
- Tobias: Oh, hey!
- [Gumball and Darwin scream]
- Tobias: You fixed the door! That reminds me of that time we fixed the roof after Ocho blew it up.
- [Flashback to the epilogue of "The Phone," though Darwin is shown with large buck teeth]
- Darwin: You know, I'm glad I had the strength of character to give up that cell phone- [Scene pauses, music stops] Okay. First of all, why did you alter this memory just to give me massive teeth? And secondly, you weren't even there!
- Tobias: [Answering off-frame] Yes I was!
- [Camera zooms out to Tobias; watching using binoculars. After a short pause, Tobias laughs]
- Tobias: Classic us.
- [Tobias makes a funny face while a horn plays in synchronization.]
- Gumball: 'Kay, enough! [Flashback ends] You weren't here when we fixed the roof, and you won't be here when we fix the door!
- Tobias: But you already fixed the-
- [Gumball and Darwin try to throw Tobias out again, but this time the door does not open]
- Gumball: Dagnabbit, fixed it too well.
The Cringe [6.07]
- [The scene shifts to the shower room]
- Gumball: One...two...three! Bam! Gym shower! How's that for awkward? What! [Looks down at Hot Dog Guy] Just noticed that you are pretty much wearing shorts.
- [The camera cuts to a full view, revealing Hot Dog Guy wearing shorts]
- Hot Dog Guy: What? If anything, it makes it more awkward.
- Gumball: Uh, yeah--for me! It's like showing up to a costume party while everyone else is dressed for a black-tie event.
- Hot Dog Guy: [under his breath] More like showing up for a black-tie event only wearing a black tie.
- Gumball: [groans] This won't work if we can't reach full cringe. It's like a hot air balloon trying to take off! It's never gonna happen if one of the guys is still wearing his pants!
- Hot Dog Guy: Wait, what?
- Gumball: Come on, man! Take them off!
- Hot Dog Guy: No!
- Gumball: JUST TAKE THEM OFF!!
- Hot Dog Guy: [gritting teeth] LEAVE IT!
- Gumball: JUST TAKE OFF YOUR CLOTHES!!!
(At the Watterson house, Gumball and Hot Dog Guy tune in to Elmore's Got Talent)
- TV Announcer: Welcome to Elmore's Got Talent! Watch as the anglerfish of fame lures small fry into its jaws using the blinding power of starlight! Laugh at their crushed dreams! Applaud as we create the idols of today so you can burn them tomorrow! And now for worst audition of the week...
(The show plays the clip of Gumball and Hot Dog Guy auditioning together. Gumball starts beatboxing weakly, and Hot Dog Guy follows him up, no less awkward. As the two watch their embarrassing clip, they begin cringing from the erratic movements, awkward hand motions, and horrible sound effects. Soon, their cringing goes so violently, the scene around them fades to black. The screen opens on a heart rate monitor, where the boys wake up in a hospital.)
- Doctor: You boys are very lucky to be alive. You have experienced a cringe level at 100,000 DJ. That's the equivalent of hearing 100,000 dad jokes all at once. I recommend stopping whatever it is you're doing before you end up with the clenching muscles of a 40-year-old clam!
- Gumball: Thank you, doctor, but we've done enough.
The Anybody [6.11]
- Darwin: Aren't you gonna stop him, Gumball? It's not the right thing if someone takes your punishment.
- Catra: [Cosplaying as Gumball] Darwin, you don't have to ask. [Walks off]
- Darwin: But, you're not Gum-
- Catra: [Off-screen, to Clayton] Stop being me, idiot! Move!
- [Catra, still cosplaying as Gumball, walks back to Darwin]
- Catra: We make a good team, how's that.
- Darwin: Oh.. right. A good team. That's... us.
- [Catra and Darwin both laugh after a short pause]
The Candidate [6.12]
- Voice: [On television] Thirty-two donkeys playing on a sled,
- One fell off it and hurt his leg...
- Santa called the doctor, and the doctor said,
- No more donkeys playing on that sled!
- Thirty-three donkeys playing on a sled...
- [All the students whose parents are contributing to the charity ball are shown to be completely exhausted]
- Gumball: This has to stop!
- Darwin: Really? Don't you want to see what happens to the thirty-second gosh-DARN DONKEY?!
- Gumball: At least it's a distraction.
The Pact [6.13]
- Gumball: So, what happened to your car?
- [As Principal Brown thinks back, a flashback reveals him getting out of his car]
- Principal Brown: Hm, I feel like I've forgotten something...
- [He forgot the handbrake. Failing to realize that, Principal Brown's car rolls down the hill and crashes into the repair shop]
- Principal Brown: [inhales] It's in the shop.
- [Ms. Simian slams down Gumball's test]
- Ms. Simian: We need to talk, Watterson. When asked, "What led to the defeat of the British in Saratoga", you wrote "dental hygiene". When asked, "What was Abraham Lincoln most famous for", you wrote "dental hygiene". When asked, "Which medical profession did the state of Connecticut become the first to license, you wrote "DENTAL HYGIENE".
- (Principal Brown drinks his coffee when a brick with a note tied to it smashes through the window. startling him)
- Principal Brown: (reading the note) "You better hold up your end of the deal or I will tell Ms. Simian." Ha! He's bluffing.
- (Another note comes through)
- Principal Brown: (reading second note) "I'm not bluffing."
- (Another note comes through)
- Principal Brown: (screams) Hey! (reading third note) "I've nothing else to say. I just had to buy a full 200-page notepad and I don't want it to go to waste."
- (Another note comes through)
- Principal Brown: (reading fourth note) "So, how's it going?"
The Shippening [6.14]
- Gumball: Well, his feelings are still intact. I'm sure he'll thank us one day.
- Darwin: Yeah, after six months of physiotherapy and learning how to talk again!
- Darwin: How often would she get to use that catchphrase?
- Gumball: Dude, I think you were right. I don't see how this day could get any weir-aaaaaand [Points offscreen] here we go.
- [The shot then changes to a strangely-drawn adult Gumball and Carrie on a bench, holding a baby]
- Darwin: [Yells] WHAT THE? GUMBALL! THIS IS SO MESSED UP!
- Gumball: I know, right? I mean, a future me? Wearing sandals?
- Darwin: I MEAN YOU'RE GONNA STEAL CARRIE FROM ME! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE "CARWIN," NOT "CARBALL," YOU HOMEWRECKING WOMAN-EATER!
- Gumball: [Shocked, points into the distance] And it looks like I didn't stop at women.
- [Further away from the adult Gumball and Carrie, there is a wedding taking place between a female, anime-style, human Gumball, and a human, anime-style Darwin. Darwin screams upon seeing this and then sobs]
- Gumball: I agree. Always thought I was the one wearing the pants in this relationship.
The Transformation [6.22]
- (The scene opens at the Watterson house, where Gumball video chats with Penny)
- Gumball: Okay, next one. Would you still love me if I had an amazing six-pack, but each ab had an udder?
- Penny: Eh, but what kind of swimsuit would you wear at the beach?
- Gumball: Oh, you know, just my usual trunks--and three bikini tops.
- Penny: Okay, what would be the deal-breaker with me? Oh! What if I started wearing a dumb ponytail on the side like this? (Generates a side ponytail)
- Gumball: Eh. Not so bad.
- Penny: (Generates a ponytail above her head) What about this?
- Gumball: Eh. Still manageable.
- Penny: (Generates a ponytail in front of her face) How about now?
- Gumball: Oh, I can already see it! Us driving away, you at the wheel. Cans rattling behind us under the "just married" sign as we disappear into the sunset--over the edge of a cliff!
The Mess [6.39]
- Gumball: What is happening here, man?! It's like our lives [As he says the following lines, the picture glitches out] are being edited (3x) by a thirteen-year old [Glitches out] vlogger or something. One minute, we're here [High-pitched] and the next thing we know, we're like "Raaaaaaaa!" and two minutes later we're like "Wooyooyooyooyoo!" and that leaves me completely like [Groaning]. You know what I mean?
- Darwin: I'm not sure. But it seems like every time we blink, time skips forward. So I say we don't close our eyes until we find Polly.
- Gumball: I agree. [His phone vibrates, pulls it out] "Your cab is arriving."
- [Gumball and Darwin, now bruised, open their eyes to find themselves back home]
- Mr. Fitzgerald: I had to say, boys. I took you for a couple of slack-jawed buffoons, but you did a really good job.
- [The boys, confused, look around until they see Polly between them]
- Polly: Hello.
- Gumball: Oh, my gosh! You're aliiiiiiii-- [remembers the family near them] --ively child! Congratulations, sir! She must take after you.
O-or you, Mrs. Fitzgerald. It's hard to tell, you look so alike. Uh, you related?
- [The Fitzgeralds send confused eyebrows at Gumball]
- Mr. Fitzgerald: Polly, say goodbye and get your stuff. Goodbye, kids.
The Inquisition [6.44]
- Rob: [last lines] Oh no. It started.
Who is Gumball Watterson?
- Gumball: So who is Gumball Watterson? Here are some things people have said about me.
- Lucy Simian: Gumball!
- Carrie: Is the most—
- Anais: Amazing!
- Darwin: Dude!
- Nicole: Don't have time—
- Richard: To say all the good things—
- Mister Small: About...
- Banana Joe: This!
- Anais: Amazing!
- Darwin: Dude!
- Gumball: So, there you have it...
- [Gumball leans back too far, however, he falls off the chair.]
- Gumball: What the WHAT?
- 2010s American animated TV shows
- 2010s UK animated TV shows
- 2010s American surreal comedy TV shows
- Computer-animated TV shows
- Flash animated TV shows
- Stop-motion animated TV shows
- Traditionally animated TV shows
- American children's animated adventure TV shows
- American children's animated comedy TV shows
- American children's animated fantasy TV shows
- UK children's animated adventure TV shows
- UK children's animated comedy TV shows
- UK children's animated fantasy TV shows
- Middle school TV shows
- American TV shows with live action and animation
- UK TV shows with live action and animation
- Cartoon Network original series
- Animated TV shows about brothers
- Animated TV shows about cats
- Animated TV shows about children
- Animated TV shows about families
- Animated TV shows about fish
- Animated TV shows about Leporidae
- American TV shows featuring puppetry
- UK TV shows featuring puppetry