The Amazing World of Gumball
The Amazing World of Gumball (2011–2019) is a British-American animated television series created by Ben Bocquelet for Cartoon Network. The series revolves around the lives of 12-year-old Gumball Watterson, a blue cat, and his goldfish best friend—adoptive brother 10-year-old Darwin, who attends middle school in the fictional city of Elmore.
The DVD [1.1]
- Gumball: Can you provide inspirational leadership to a core team of thirty people, covering both national or international markets?
- Darwin: Mmm, no.
- Gumball: Wait! how about this one? "Looking for a person with no skills or training to serve as a scientific subject for the cosmetics industry."
- Darwin: What does that mean?
- Gumball: It means they'll put makeup on us and see if it looks nice.
- Darwin: [Gasp] Kind of like modeling?!
- Gumball: Yeah.
- Darwin: I've always thought I'd make a good model.
- Gumball: What makes you think that?
- Darwin: My cheekbones.
- Gumball: There are bones in there?
- [Gumball pushes his hand into Darwin's cheek tighter and tighter, then]
- Gumball: Oh, huh. There are.
- Nicole: I knew it! You are in SO MUCH TROUBLE!
- [Gumball and Darwin are in their bedroom putting a DVD into the Laser Video case when they hear Nicole]
- Gumball: We need to get to Laser Video before Mom kicks our butt!
The Responsible [1.2]
- Gumball: It's only a small price to pay for your safety.
- Darwin: Yeah, You're too young to understand.
- Anais: Actually, Who makes your breakfast every day?
- Gumball: You, of course.
- Anais: And who helps you with your homework?
- Darwin: You.
- Anais: So that means I should be in charge.
- Gumball: But who did Mom put in charge?
- Anais: You....
- Gumball: So who has to do what we say?
- Anais: [Sighs] Me.
The Third [1.3]
- Gumball:Ah, come on, Adrian! Roll the dice! Roll the dice!
- Alan: I can’t! I got no hands!
- Gumball: Argh! Fine! I’ll do it for you! [Rolls the dice] Six. Right. Pick a card!
- Alan: I still have no hands!
- Gumball: Ugh! do I have to do everything?!
- Alan: Listen, Gumball, do you really wanna be doing this? I mean, we’ve never even hung out before, and now we are having a sleepover.
- Gumball: Did I ask for your opinion, Alfred?!
- [Alan deflates a little]
- Alan: Can I at least call my mom?
- Gumball: Fine! But keep it quick! [Gives Alan a telephone]
- [Brief silence]
- Alan: Still no hands.
- Gumball: NUMBER!
- [Gumball is struggling to make it up the road]
- Gumball: Ngh! Ngh! Ngh! Ngh! Ugh! Ugh! Agh! AGH!
- [Gumball smiles as he thinks it is over but unfortunately it isn't]
- Gumball: AGH! [Echoing] GOSH....DARN IT!!!!!!
- [Scene fades to Gumball gradually going farther up the road as the day changes to evening]
- Gumball: Ngh! Ngh! All because of those stupid ants and their stupid cookie! This is all their fault! [Mockingly] "Ooh! Look at me! I’m a third ant!" [Babbles] THOSE STUPID, STUPID ANTS! Oh, Made it to the top! [Pushes the trike down the bottom of hill]
- [Gumball whizzes throughout Tobias’ house and then returns back to Tobias’ room]
- Gumball: WHERE'S DARWIN?!
- [Tobias [next to an orange bounce ball) turns to Gumball and pauses the game]
- Gumball:WHAT DID YOU DO WITH MY FRIEND?!
- Tobias: Uh... He’s in the garden... I think... [Resumes playing game]
The End [1.5]
- Gumball: Pbbt! Darwin, what are we doing here?
- Darwin: Learning hard, so we can get a career, a home, and feed our children in the future.
- Gumball: Darwin! There is no future! We need to make the most of it right now! Not listening to some baboon drone on about algebra!
- Penny: [Whispers to Gumball] Uh, Gumball, this is biology.
- Gumball: Oh, who cares?! It wouldn't matter for 24 HOURS! Kiss me, Penny.
The Quest [1.7]
- [Gumball, Darwin, and Anais are in their bedroom]
- Anais: Listen, Gumball, I am not spending the night without Daisy. You'll just have to go to Tina's place and get her back.
- Gumball: What! Why me?!
- Anais: Because....because....[Makes a cute face] Because you were the one who lost it in the first place.
- Gumball: [Makes a cute face too] But I'm just a little boy, and she's a giant T-Rex.
- Anais: But you are my big brother.
- Gumball: But I don't want to get my face pounded to a pulp.
- [Both of them continue to exchange cute faces at each other until Gumball gives in]
- Gumball: Fine. I'll go.
- Anais: Hahahaha!
- Gumball: But you two are coming with me.
- [Darwin and Anais both groan with exasperation and acceptance]
The Laziest [1.11]
- [Richard is snoring on the couch and Gumball awakens him]
- Richard: Huh? Well, that was a pretty long timeout.
- Gumball: Yeah, but now we've got somebody who can beat you -- Lazy Larry.
- Richard: Lazy Larry, huh? Why, that's a name I haven't heard since the summer of eighty-three --
- Gumball: NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE SUMMER OF EIGHTY-THREE!
- Richard: Sorry....So where is he?
- Gumball and Darwin: Here!
The Mystery [1.13]
- Gumball: I think cheese is better than cake, because you can have cheesecake, but you can't have cake cheese.
The Prank [1.14]
- Gumball: Maybe we should just go outside again, this time through the front door.
- Darwin: Good idea, Gumball!
- Gumball: Okay, prepare to get wet.
- [Gumball opens the door, but the bucket containing dried concrete falls in front of Gumball and Darwin almost hitting them]
- Gumball: WHAT THE WHAT?!
The Kiss [1.16]
- Squirrel: Aww. Why so sad? You need to find your happy place!
- Gumball: THERE IS NO HAPPY PLACE!!!! [The squirrel falls over from the loudness. Gumball starts sobbing] Oh, I'm sorry, little creature!
- Darwin: [sobs] I'm sorry I couldn't help you forget.
- [The squirrel starts sobbing as well]
- Gumball: (Banana Joe and Tobias make noises.) (screams) MAKE IT STOOP!
- Gumball: [Screaming] Aw man, that was intense.
- Soup: Give us a kiss!
- [Gumball wakes up for real]
- Gumball: NOOOOO!!!!!
- Anais: AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
- Darwin: AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!
- [Gumball then stops screaming, and sighs three times]
- Anais: Oh, come on! That's the fifth time tonight!
The Robot [1.19]
- Gumball: What’s that?
- Bobert: It’s the algorithm for smile.
- Gumball: Bobert... [throws Bobert’s smile algorithm away] You’ve got a lot to learn, If you want to be real, then you had to have proper emotions.
- Bobert: Define emotions.
- Gumball: You know... Like feelings and stuff.
- Bobert: Define feelings.
- Gumball: You know... When you feel things... Like pain.
- Bobert: Define pain.
The Picnic [1.20]
- Gumball: Darwin, you know what's important in a situation like this?
- Darwin: A map?
- Gumball: [Laughs loudly, then sighs] No, teamwork.
- Darwin: Oh. I was gonna say that next.
- Gumball: Don't worry, buddy. You're part of my team, and I'm a born survivor!
- Darwin: I'm glad I'm on your team! Hey, little squirrels! [Walks off]
The Sock [1.23]
- Gumball: Hmm...Okay, I think I got it. You should always tell the truth, unless you have to lie, but if you do lie, you should tell the truth about it, unless you're talking to someone who's lying, because if they tell a lie and you tell the truth, it'll be a lie because you were lying about telling the truth, inside of a lie, so the whole thing's a lie while still being true. [Unwilling to speak, Darwin's head explodes, as his body lies down to the floor]
The Date [1.27]
- Gumball: I'll guess I'll have to show them. Come here, little fella. Who's a good spider? Who's a lovely little spider? Oh, good boy, Mr.-- (Mr Cuddles jumps on Gumball's Face) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! GET IT OFF! GET OFF, GET OFF, GET OFF, GET OFF!!!!!
The Curse [1.32]
- Gumball: Well, it seems like it's just not my day, but that's ok, because it's nothing a good song won't fix! [Singing] When life hands you lemons, you gotta make some lemonaaaade... [Breathes in, about to sing louder, but is stepped on by Hector]
- Banana Joe: Where did you get your clothes, the Lost and Found?! Hahaha!
- Gumball: Well actually, yes, I did.
- Banana Joe: Ohh, where did you get your clothes, the circus?! Haha!
- Gumball: Dude, we kind of just went over this already, Lost and Found.
- Banana Joe: Where did you get your clothes, the swim shop and the hat shop?! Hahaha!
- [Principal Brown opens the door]
- Gumball: WHERE DID YOU GET YOUR BRAIN FROM, THE DOLLAR STORE?!
- [Sees Principal Brown leaving him shocked, Banana Joe and Idaho walk away, Gumball smiles nervously at Principal Brown]
The Banana [2.6]
- Banana Joe: HEY! Turn around, you cowards.
- Gumball: [Laughs] No, thank you!
- Banana Joe: Turn around and face the can of butt-whooping that I'm gonna open on you!
- Darwin: Wouldn't it be better to stay like we are for that?
- Banana Joe: TURN AROUND!!!!!!!!!
- Gumball: [Inhales] Okay. [He and Darwin turn around]
- [Banana Joe screams as he charges towards Gumball and Darwin, but slips on a water puddle, rushes under them and hits a water fountain, face first. He groans as he slowly becomes unconscious and a bruise covers his face]
The Treasure [2.10]
- Gumball: I You know that good stuff's got me thinking, what else is cheap in this house?
- [Gumball, Darwin, and Anais walk into the living room]
- Gumball: I mean, look at this MP3 player. Now tell me it's not a calculator with headphones stuck in it. [Grabs a copy of "HOW TO RATATWANG YOUR PANDA"] And that DVD is not even the real film. It's some mockbuster from the bargain bin.
- Richard: What's wrong with "How to Ratatwang Your Panda"?
- [On the TV Screen, a section of the film plays, taking place in a dojo]
- Good CGI Mouse: Get ready, panda, use your secret weapon.
- Chuck the Panda': Okay, you asked for it. [Does a massive fart in the other mice's face]
- Bad CGI Mice: Oh, boy!
- [Cuts back to the couch]
- Richard: HAHAHAHAHA! HEHAHA! [Sighs] Clever.
The Words [2.12]
- Darwin: Dude, I need you to grab the emergency hammer.
- Gumball: I'm not breaking the window.
- Darwin: No, I need you to knock me out.
- Gumball: How about you just ask Sussie to calm down a little?
- Darwin: [Whimpers again] I can't...
- Gumball: What the... [Pauses video game] You're embarrassed, aren't you?
- Darwin: Just use the hammer...
- Gumball: [Laughs] Darwin Watterson, the fish who grew legs at the expense of his guts!
- Darwin: [Annoyed] Shut up!
- Sussie: HEY, DARWIN!
- [Darwin squeezes his head back out]
- Sussie: Which noise do you prefer? ALALALALALALALALALALALALA! or AKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKAKA!
- Gumball: [Sticks head on top of Sussie and Darwin's seat] Excuse me, Sussie, but can you be a little quieter, please?
- Sussie: Certainly, young Gumball, I'd be more than happy to oblige!
- Gumball: Thank you.
- Darwin: [Motions taking hat off]
- Gumball: What's that?
- Darwin: That was me, taking my hat off to you.
- Sussie: [Whispers] Hats!
The Skull [2.13]
- Clayton: [panicking] GUYS, GUYS, GUYS! [Gumball and Darwin stare at him angry] The skull guy, he's real, HE'S REAL!
- Gumball: [sarcastically] Yeah, sure. The skull guy that I made up actually exists. Oh, don't tell me. He's seven feet tall, covered in tattoos, and he's about to burst into those very- [Razor burst and breaking into the doors with his guitar growling looking at Gumball, Darwin and Clayton] [surprised] doors.
- Clayton: [determined] You know what time it is?
- Gumball: [scared] Time to change my pants?
- Clayton: No, it's time to kick some butt! [Jumps toward Razor then Razor hits Clayton with his guitar causing Clayton to break into pieces]
- Gumball and Darwin: [screaming] AHHHHHHHHH!
- Razor: [looking at Gumball and Darwin] You're next.
- Gumball: Uh, Clayton. You got a plan B?
- Clayton's clay parts': [simultanolously] Yeah, literally!
- [Clayton's clay parts turn into bees and goes after Razor swarming around him and Razor tries to shoo them away with his guitar then Clayton's clay parts form together into a cement block on top of Razor then hits him with it]
- Razor: [growling] AHHHHH!
- [Clayton jumps back to Gumball and Darwin then Razor stares at Gumball Darwin and Clayton then Razor's both arms and his back grow]
- Clayton: [nervously] Guys, could I get a litle help here?
- [Gumball and Darwin still looked scared, then Darwin pushes gumball slightly towards Clayton]
- Razor: You're going down.
- Gumball: AHHHHHHH!!! [Notices he is floating as Clayton turns into a plane below him]
- Clayton: We'll see about that. [Clayton flies with Gumball toward Razor, shooting some of his clay parts, then goes around Razor, then turns around shooting his clay parts and Razor starts to run away then Clayton is going after him then Gumball realizes something]
- Gumball: AAAHHHHH! Clayton, watch out!
- [Clayton dodges the students, continues to find Razor, then Razor is hiding inside a door opening his eye then Razor comes in searching for them]
- Gumball: Clayton, why do you lie all the time when you can do such cool stuff?!
- Clayton: Because I want to impress you guys. I think you're really cool.
- Gumball: No, you're way cooler.
- Clayton: No way, you're the cool one.
- Gumball: Don't be silly you're the coolest guy ev- [Razor swings his guitar at Gumball and Clayton] AH!
- [Darwin dodges Gumball and Clayton where they land on the lockers]
- Razor: [walking to Gumball Darwin and Clayton] Ha ha ha ha ha!
- Darwin: [screaming] AHHHHH! He's getting even bigger.
- Clayton: Relax. I know what to do.
- [Gumball and Darwin ride on Clayton in his horse form]
- Gumball: [realizes Razor is chasing them] CLAYTON! HURRY UP!
- [Razor chases after them, then Clayton runs towards the window]
- Gumball and Darwin: [screaming] AHHHHHHHHHHH!
- Clayton: GET DOWN!
- [Gumball and Darwin hold on to Clayton, then Clayton breaks through the window while the camera is in slow motion landing into the school yard. Razor reach his hand to the window and clinch into the ground he tries to get through the window but can't and walks away. Gumball and Darwin is standing on the school yard while Clayton transforms back]
- Gumball and Darwin: Yaaay!
- Clayton: Yeah, all right! I knew he wouldn't fit through that. [Gumball, Darwin and Clayton stop cheering when they hear loud stomping, then Razor grabs and breaks through the wall]
- Razor: [growling] I'm gonna smack you purple.
- Gumball: [scared] AHHH! WE'RE DOOMED!
- Clayton: [determined] Hold me.
- Gumball: [holding Clayton] Is this really gonna help?
- Clayton: No, I mean put me on your shoulder.
- [Gumball puts Clayton on his shoulder, and Clayton turns into a high tech missile launcher. Razor coming after Gumball, Darwin and Clayton]
- Darwin: [holding underneath Clayton's missile launcher form] Okay, should we fire now?
- Clayton: No, not yet, we only have one shot.
- [Razor heads toward the trio]
- Darwin: HE'S COMING HE'S COMING!!
- Clayton: NOT YET!
- [Razor gets closer to the trio]
- Clayton: Okay, time to put the skeleton back in the closet.
The Bet [2.14]
- Bobert: Can I join your game?
- Gumball: Of course you can. [Hugs Bobert] Okay, we're playing bets, and the loser is the winner's servant for twenty-four hours!
- Bobert: But your chances of beating a robotic unit in any task is zero point zero, zero, zero, zero, zero, one percent.
- Gumball: Really? Well, I bet you can't say the alphabet faster than me!
- Bobert: Challenge accepted. [Fast robotic voice] ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQR-
- Gumball: The alphabet.
- Bobert: Recomputing question. Trick detected. Failure acknowledged. [Looks at the ground in defeat]
- Gumball: Sorry, man, you lose!
- Bobert: Switching hard-drive to slave mode.
- [Bobert briefly turns off and on again. His pupils dilate massively, and his voice becomes monotonous]
- Bobert: Awaiting command.
- Gumball: Dude, we have our own super hi-tech robot for twenty-four hours!
- Darwin: We can use his power for the good of mankind!
- Gumball: We can save dolphins!
- Darwin: And stop global warming!
- Gumball: And bring peace to the world!
- Darwin: There's so much good we can do!
The Photo [2.25]
- Gumball: (to Alan) Because your face is a muscle. The more you train it, the more awesome it looks.
The Storm [2.27]
- Alan: No, I love you more because I also love, loving you—
- Gumball: Sorry to interrupt. But can you please stop this?!
- Alan: What?
- Gumball: THIS! This hideous picture of happiness!
- [Masami, Carrie and Leslie chime in, agreeing with Gumball]
- Gumball: I'm so sick of your stupid pet names and your gross lovey-dovey faces. You don't see me and Penny acting like that.
- Darwin: That's because you're not going out with her.
- Gumball: Exactly. [Sighs]
- Idaho: You two are so beautiful, it makes me believe I, too, can find love. [Angrily] But when I look in the mirror, I realize I'm just a dirt covered ball of starch!
- [Alan moves to Idaho]
- Alan: But Idaho, if you wanna be loved... first, you gotta love yourself.
- Leslie: [Angrily] Yeah! You're so nice and sensitive too I can't even hate you!
- Masami: [Angrily] You're so perfect, it makes me wanna rain on your parade until you swell up, turn brown, and rot!
- [Carrie is confused, while everyone is silent]
- Carrie: [Clicks tongue] Uhhhh... I think what Masami is trying to say is that you guys are so perfect, it kinda makes us wish for your downfall.
- Masami: Uh-huh, why don't you go and be perfect somewhere else?
- Idaho: Yeah.
- Leslie: Well said, Carrie.
- [Everyone walks away except Alan, Carmen and Gumball. Gumball looks guilty]
The Limit [2.30]
- Gumball: [Screams and cries while lying down and bangs on the floor] I WANT THE CHOCOLATE!
- [Nicole sighs, and just as Darwin and Anais copy Gumball, Richard starts screaming. Gary walks by and gives Nicole a judgmental stare]
- Nicole: [Grabs two cans of hot dogs and speaks in a high-pitched voice while staring at the one on her right hand] Oh, Mother, I want some chocolate. [Stares at the one on her left hand in a normal pitched voice] I'm sorry, little buddy, but you had too much candy this week. [Closes her eyes in a high pitched voice] WAH WAH WAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH! [Squeezes the can in her right hand so hard it explodes; normal voice] Now all the little sausages are punished and going to have to wait in the car, right now.
- Gumball: You paranoid nut bar, that stuff doesn't work.
- Anais: Why are you holding a basket full of lipstick, Gumball?
- Gumball: Three colors of lipstick, Anais, five dollars! It'd be stupid not to buy it!
- [As Anais stares at him, Gumball realizes what she's saying]
- Gumball: This is technically perfect! If we use those tricks on Mom, we can get anything we want! It's foolproof! [Starts singing happily] Who's getting candy? [Points at Anais] Ohh, you're getting candy! Uh! Uh! [Starts dancing]
- Darwin: I'm getting candy! [Twirls around] And he's getting candddddy!
- Richard: I'm getting candy?! [Pretends to shred on an air guitar] Uhn! Uhn! She's getting candy! [Points at Anais]
- Anais': Mmm, mmm, mmm-mmm, mmm, mmm, mmm! I'm getting candy, [Points at each of the three boys] you're getting candy, he's getting candy, he's getting candy, she's—
- Nicole: GO BACK IN THE CAR RIGHT NOW!
- [The Watterson's walk out in disappointment]
The Voice [2.31]
- Darwin: [Whistles] Hey, William! Feast your eye on this! [He squirts shampoo on Williams’s eye but missed, squirted in his face] AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! MY EYES! OOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW! Oh, wait. That’s not bad. [laughs] It’s baby shampoo.
- William: In silence? [Realizes no one can hear him] Oh, gosh. No one can hear me, can they? I suppose that makes sense, I don't have a mouth. I thought you'd ignored me on purpose all my life. But when you blocked me on Elmore Plus, something snapped. What was I thinking? I'm so sorry. You must be terrified and confused, I cannot apologize enough-
- Darwin: NOW! [They turn around, with Gumball holding a racket. He swats William, and William flies out of a window]
The Castle [2.33]
- Anais: [Squirts whipped cream into her mouth] And it's Dad who's looking after us. [Squirts some more whipped cream into her mouth]
- [Gumball jumps into Darwin's arms with a slow iris shot as they smile. Just before it closes, Anais squirts whipped cream into Gumball's mouth]
- Gumball: Ahh... I was hoping you'd do that.
The Coach [3.3]
- Gumball: You apologized. (The "You apologized." fades in and out.)
- Jamie: Yeah, whatever, you better shut up if you don't want pain/pain to invite you to dinner, they only serve filet-o-fists!
- Gumball: Let that anger go, you touched our hearts yesterday.
- Jamie: With my fist!
- Gumball: Quite a vivid image, but understand You don't have to be a bully anymore, coach saw what we were all blind to see, that you're really a sweet, ..orange thing with, uh, a hat or a wig or some kind of a helmet and horns that we're proud to call our friend.
- Jamie: (throws Gumball in Darwin’s mouth) I am not anyone's friend, the only friends I need are grandma and grandpa fist, they don't give candy, I'm gonna show you, I'm gonna do something so bad, and it'll go down in SCHOOL HISTORY!
- Darwin: Just because she fed Anton to the ducks? or that- she chewed Teri's body to spit it back in her face? or that- she ate a little bit of Sarah and Banana Joe?
The Puppy [3.5]
- Darwin: At least he passed away peacefully.
- Gumball: Yeah, like a peaceful, evil raisin.
- [The kids and Richard are giving the turtle a funeral]
- Darwin:[Sniffles] Before we say goodbye to our beloved family pet, Evil Turtle, I think we should all say a few words to let him know how much he meant to us.
- Gumball, Anais and Richard: Hmmm.
- Darwin: I'll always think fondly of the way he put fear into my heart.
- Gumball, Anais and Richard: Hmmm.
- Anais: Every time I stare down at the scar tissue on my hand, I'll think of him.
- Gumball and Darwin: Hmmm.
- Richard: Only once in your lifetime, does something touch your heart in the way that... awesome store did! [Sobs in his hands]
- Gumball: Dad, you gotta move on.
- Anais: Gumball, do you have anything you like to add?
- Gumball: Yeah, er.... I'll miss his.... you know the funny way he... the thing he... I got nothing.
- Darwin: [Drops the dead turtle into the trash bag] All of this because we couldn't take care of him.
- [Darwin cries over the turtle and a single drop falls on the turtle who immediately recovers and hisses at them, scaring Gumball]
- Darwin: He was revived by my tear!
- Gumball: IT FEEDS ON MISERY!!!
- [The turtle climbs out and crosses the road away from the Wattersons, hissing and snarling furiously]
- Darwin: Somebody save him, he could get hurt!
- [The Turtle moves into the path of a speeding car in which the car crashes into pieces and the turtle was unharmed and unfazed by the impact]
- Anais: Forget saving the turtle, we need a plan to save the neighborhood.
The Name [3.7]
- Gumball: (Gumball's sweat pours out and Gumball's organs are crying.) I'm weak.
- Nicole: (to Gumball) Your real name is Zach.
- Red Construction Man: (to Gumball as Zach) Hey, kid, get in line like everyone else!
- Crocodile Woman: (to Gumball as Zach/Darwin) You've got 3 seconds to move or I'll bingo-wing you.
- Red Construction Man: (to Gumball as Zach/Darwin): Get back in the line.
- Darwin: (to Gumball as Zach) aah, dude, you can say sorry to these people before they get heavy items at the bottom of the car?!
- Darwin: (to Gumball as Zach) NO, WAIT, WHERE ARE YOU GOING?!
- Darwin: (to Gumball as Zach) No wait!
- Crocodile Woman: (to Gumball as Zach/Darwin) I warned you.
The Gripes [3.9]
- Alan: (to the crowd) THESE CHILDREN NEED HEEEEELP!
- Banana Bob Grunting: THEY LIED TO UUUUUUS!
- Gumball: we (Gumball/Darwin) DIDN'T LIE! (to Darwin) We're mega poor, right, Darwin?!
- Banana Bob: (to Gumball/Darwin) PROVE IIIIIIT!
- Gumball: EVERYBODY, LISTEN, I think we all learned a very important lesson today and this lesson is...don't complain, be happy with what you got! no, that's.... uh, quite right?! uh, be careful of what you say! nah, no, that's not it either uh, don't jump to conclusions, no, no, don't try to be something you're... not... 'cause uh,... be yourselves?! I don't know, man... maybe the lesson is sometimes, some people do stuffy, things happen and it kind of goes nowhere, anyway, thanks for the check bye!
The Shell [3.20]
- Gumball: Oh, what have I done?!
The Mirror [3.23]
- Gumball: (Thumbs up) Eh!
The Pizza [3.25]
- Gumball: Uh, what do you want?!
- Gumball: What?! are you planning to eat us?!
- Gumball: Are you serious?!
- Alan: (to Nicole) HEY!
- Nicole: (pops Alan by blowing on him for bullying/disobeying Gumball)
- Gumball, Darwin, Anais, Nicole and Richard: YEAAAAAAAAAH!
- Gumball disguising himself as Zach: Because, it's the apocalypse and- Because… well, it-it's the apocalypse!
- Anais: (to Larry) Society collapsed as soon as you resigned!
The Saint [3.29]
- Alan: AGH! Can you please stop making that noise?!
- Gumball: What?
- Alan: Dragging your feet! It's grating!
- Gumball: Oh, but I don't understand. You mean this? [Squeaks floor]
- Alan: STOP IT, YOU JERK!
- Gumball: YES! Ha ha! I finally dragged you down to my level! I knew you could be broken! Oh, I feel so much better about myself. I gotta go tell Darwin!
- [Gumball runs off, and Alan screams in rage. Then Alan calms down, smiles, and makes his face again]
- Alan: [Whispering] Whatever makes you happy, my friend.
The Safety [3.32]
- Video Narrator: Watch Out, Little Teddy.
- [Then a teddy bear is seen cooking]
- Video Narrator: Little Teddy is very excited, because it's cookie time. But, watch out, Little Teddy…
- [Little Teddy burns his hands while attempting to bring out some cookies from an oven]
- Little Teddy: Ow! Ow!
- Video Narrator: BE CAREFUL AROUND OVENS!
- [The video switches to Little Teddy looking out from a window, and to a tree with a bird]
- Video Narrator: Little Teddy has seen a bird. [Little Teddy waves as narrator speaks] Hello little bird!
- Bird: Hello!
- Video Narrator: But, watch out, Little Teddy...
- [Little Teddy falls out of the window, and hits the ground. The bird perches on Little Teddy's head and pecks his nose]
- Video Narrator: BE CAREFUL AROUND WINDOWS!
- [Little Teddy is seen chasing a butterfly in a field]
- Video Narrator: Little Teddy is having fun in the backyard, with a butterfly. Butterflies are pretty. But, watch out, Little Teddy….
- [After running a long distance, Little Teddy knocks himself over with a rake]
- Video Narrator: BE CAREFUL AROUND GARDEN TOOLS!
- [The video transitions to Little Teddy walking to an old woman about to cross a road]
- Video Narrator: Little Teddy is helping a senior citizen. That's kind of you, Teddy. It's nice to be nice.
- [Little Teddy and the old woman start crossing the road]
- Video Narrator: But, watch out, Little Teddy...
- [Little Teddy puts his arm around the old woman's shoulder, which angers her. The old woman screams, and beats his head with a crowbar until a bump rises from his head]
- Video Narrator: BE CAREFUL AROUND STRANGERS!
- [As the old woman leaves, Little Teddy is hit by a speeding car]
- Video Narrator: AND CARS!
- [The scene flips over, and transitions to Little Teddy dancing inside a circle of singing children]
- Children: [Singing] If you're going on adventures, or having lots of fun. Remember to be frightened, being safe is number one.
- Little Teddy: [Waving] Remember, kids: please take care, 'cause danger's lurking— [Little Teddy, along with the video becomes eerily distorted and slowed] everywhere...
- [The camera zooms out from a TV in Miss Simian's classroom. Beside it, Mr. Small is screaming, frightened by the video. Gumball, Darwin, Sarah, Leslie, Masami, Molly, and Tobias, who were watching the video, are frozen with horrified expressions on their faces]
- Mister Small: Okay. Everyone, take the rest of the day off. I'm just gonna—
The Society [3.33]
- Gumball: He was holding this bunch headshots which will be sticky notes here, and I had my bow and arrow like this elastic band and paperclip–
- [Gumball inadvertently shoots the paper clip through Brown's glasses, and into one of his eyes. The principal falls down a window. Another paperclip bounces into a socket, and this causes a small explosion. The sprinkler system and fire alarm are activated.]
- Nigel Brown: [From outside] Let's make it three months' detention!
The Spoiler [3.34]
- Anais: So, will you take me to the movie this weekend?
- [The show is interrupted for an instant as the word "YES" flashes on the screen.]
- Gumball: No.
- Anais: What?! What about the subliminal message?!
- Gumball: Sorry, I don't understand Japanese.
- Anais: Oh, come on!
- Gumball: Look. I don't want my little sister to be traumatized, 'kay?
- Anais: This is girl-ist!
- Gumball: What? No! It's because you're four!
- Anais: Well, then, it's age-ist!
- Gumball: No! It's sister-who'll-be-so-freaked-out-by-seeing-the-movie-that-she'll-be-a-pain-in-the-butt-for-a-month-ist!
- [Anais wraps her arm around Gumball's head and pulls him closer so that their cheeks touch. They stare into each other's eyes.]
- Anais: [Softly] Gumball, I've already witnessed all the horror this world can muster.
- Gumball: [Whispers in concern] What did you see?
- Anais: [Echoing voice] I've seen a beast gorging on a thousand lambs in the darkness of his lair.
- Gumball: Dude, we've all seen Dad eating a kebab in bed before.
- Anais: I've been to the swimming pool with Granny Jojo.
- [Gumball cringes at the thought.]
- Anais: See? I can take it. Try me.
- Gumball: [Softly] Okay, okay. I'm going to try and scare you, okay? Be prepared, 'cause you just don't know when it's–-
- [A photo of a live piranha flashes on screen.]
- Piranha: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
- [Anais, who has frozen in terror and paled several shades, falls on her side like a statue, squishing the cake. Gumball, meanwhile, watches with a mischievous grin.]
- Gumball: Heh-heh! Knew it.
The Countdown [3.35]
- Gumball: You can push us?
The Downer [3.37]
- Gumball: If you're all hiding so I'd get up, I would like to point out that technically I haven't left my bed, so you don't win! Fine! [Throws his mattress off his back] If everyone is really gone, then no one would mind if I did this.
- [Gumball has a weird looking face and knocks over a lamp, the lamp hits the TV, that knocks over and hits a shelf, stuff on the top of the shelf like a vase, falls and then a vase bounces back up and hits the shelf back to where it was, the shelf knocks the TV back where it was, then the TV hits the lamp then hits Gumball, and then he falls]
- Gumball: [Looks around, rubbing his cheek] Aaaaaa- it hurts, [Making weird movements] Ahhhh- I think I fractured my nose and sprained an ear or something. Aa! I think I need very expensive medical help, unless someone gave me a magic kiss? [Thinks and extends his mouth to his cheek, giving himself a kiss] What is going on here? [Gasp] I made a terrible wish [Starts to tear up] and now my whole family have disappeared! [Grouchy face] Good.
The Triangle [3.39]
- Prinicpal Brown: (throws Gumball out of the locker room and on the ground.)
- Gumball: (pushes Leslie for inserting gum in and sabotaging Darwin's whistle) NOOO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!
- Leslie: THE SOLO IS MINE, NOT DARWIN'S! HE (Darwin) STOLE MY SPOTLIGHT AND FLOWERS NEED LIGHT TO GROW!
- Gumball: (pushes Leslie) Dude, you're a flower, boy, who plays a flute in a school band?! You don't want this to get violent!
- Leslie: You were talking to someone who was a dancer since the year he was born in! (slaps Gumball and punches and kicks Gumball to give him a black eye)
- Gumball: What I meant (takes the Archie heard off) (Gumball's black eye and swollen face are shown.) was violence is never the answer, dude, you're supposed to be happy for your friend's success, this isn't about Darwin being good at something, it's about you refusing to make the effort to better yourself, you know what the definition of that kind of person is?!
- Leslie: You!
- Gumball: Exactly!
- Leslie: No, I don't want that to happen!
- Gumball: So, why don't we just enjoy the success of our friend even if it means that we get left behind?!
- Leslie: You're right!
- Gumball: Quick, he's about to play the solo! (Darwin plays his solo.)
- Man: He (Darwin)'s terrible!
The Traitor [4.19]
- Gumball: [opens hospital door and says to Alan] YOU BUT GUSTED!
- [Darwin steps in front of Alan in determination, tears off his surgical mask, and begins to blow in air to re-inflate the balloon; at that moment a band-aid doctor throws open the operating room door]
- Doctor: What's going on he–
- [He sees Darwin, gasps and backs away. The door swings closed]
- Darwin: Uh– I think the anesthetic's worn off!
- Gumball: How can you tell?
- Alan: MY INSIDES ARE POURING OUT!!!
- Darwin: What do we do!?
- [Darwin and Alan are both screaming; Gumball, unamused, licks a finger and pokes it into the balloon opening, like a plug]
- Gumball: ..Okay, now look for his flatulum.
- [Darwin takes a step and slips on an invisible organ]
- Darwin: AAH! Found it...
- Gumball: [Determined] Then scrape it off your shoe and prepare for
The Blame [4.34]
Billy: [Gasps] What is this dazzling juxtaposition of sound and image? Darwin: It's a video game. Billy: So these are the video games of which Mother warned me! How do they function?
- Gumball: See this dude with the muscles of a bodybuilder and the haircut of a Korean pop star? That's me. And I have to blast these monsters over here to save... stuff? [Leaves his seat] Here, try it!
Billy: But is it not dangerous? Mother always says that video games can make one lose contact with reality. That they encourage loose behavior and violent tendencies. Much like rock and roll music, long hair, and vaccinations. Darwin: Um, no? They're just fun. Billy: Well, I suppose there's no harm in trying it once. [Chuckles] In the name of science, of course! [Sits down and starts playing] [Screaming] WHOO! THIS IS AMAZING!!
- [The camera zooms into Billy's eyes, transitioning to various video game scenes. Billy can be heard screaming and laughing off-screen]
- Billy: THE FUN! IT'S TOO MUCH! TOO MUCH! I CAN'T TAKE IT!!!
- [When the sequence stops he falls to the ground drooling rainbows]
- Darwin: What was that all about?
- Gumball: He didn't even make it past the loading screen!
- [Shows the computer screen with a loading screen]
The Rerun [5.01]
- Gumball: Trust me, Darwin. Rob is gonna destroy us all. I've seen the future!
- Darwin: Okay, prove it.
- Gumball: Right. Pick a game from the bargain bin.
- [Darwin takes a game and Gumball starts talking without even looking at the game]
- Gumball: Extreme Tractor Race. Review says: "Here's a cheat code: go left, forward, forward, right, forward, forward, back to the store where you bought it, and ask for a refund."
- Darwin: [Gasps] You really can tell the future!
- Gumball: Yes! And things are about to get–
- Darwin: No! Whatever you say could alter the future in some terrible way!
- Gumball: Yeah, but whatever you do in the present does that anyway. Look, you just need to know that–
- Darwin: [Puts his hands over his gills] Stop! I refuse to know!
- Gumball: Dude, you don't have ears, you're just covering your gills. You won't hear the future, but you won't live to see it either if you can't breathe.
The Petals [5.35]
- [The scene cuts to a gardening store. Gumball and Darwin spray Leslie with fertilizer, causing him to suffocate]
- Leslie: [Coughing] Wait!
- [He puts his leaves over his face, and when he lifts them, discovers that he has become more handsome]
- Leslie: [Gasps] I'm beautiful. Wait! I'm more beautiful than I've ever been!
- [The camera pans out, revealing Leslie's rippling pecks as his leaves undulate in the wind]
- Leslie: Look at me, world, and gag upon my eleganza!
- [Leslie laughs diabolically, but the scene reveals itself to be a fertilizer-adled hallucination as he lies on the floor giggling, no less hideous. Gumball and Darwin look at him with disgust and spray him one more time, causing him to pass out]
- Leslie: I don't care about the people who love me! I've already got their validation. It's the people who don't love me I need to impress! [Makes a fashion pose]
- Gumball: [Reading the gardening book] Wait a second. Dude, I've got it! You're just wilting! It's completely normal.
- Leslie: Really?
- Gumball: Yeah! And there's a very simple solution.
The Candidate [6.12]
- Voice: [On television] Thirty-two donkeys playing on a sled,
- One fell off it and hurt his leg...
- Santa called the doctor, and the doctor said,
- No more donkeys playing on that sled!
- Thirty-three donkeys playing on a sled...
- [All the students whose parents are contributing to the charity ball are shown to be completely exhausted]
- Gumball: This has to stop!
- Darwin: Really? Don't you want to see what happens to the thirty-second gosh-DARN DONKEY?!
- Gumball: At least it's a distraction.
The Inquisition [6.44]
- Rob: [last lines] Oh no. It started.