The Nut Job
The Nut Job is a 2014 American 3D computer-animated heist-comedy film directed by Peter Lepeniotis, who also wrote the film with Lorne Cameron. It stars the voices of Will Arnett, Brendan Fraser, Gabriel Iglesias, Jeff Dunham, Liam Neeson, and Katherine Heigl with supporting voice work by Stephen Lang, Maya Rudolph, and Sarah Gadon. The film is based on Lepeniotis's 2005 short animated film Surly Squirrel.
- [first lines of the film; voice over] When you're an animal, life's a balancing act. Each day is a quest to find food to survive. It's a tough nut to crack. Wait, you think I'm one of these dopey pigeons? No, no, no, no, this is me. The handsome one.
- Okay, we get in, we fill our bellies, but we do it my way.
- Buddy, we found it! The lost city of Nutlantis!
- We dig here, from the alley into the basement.
- We're talkin' almonds, pistachios, walnuts and did I mention the peanut brittle? [Johnny: Is that a candy, or a nut?] [Surly Chuckles] Both.
- [last lines of the film; voice over] Yeah, they say life's there for the taking, but truth is? Life's really there for sharing. Once you realize that, you might discover there's a little hero on all of us, after we're all a little nuts.
- [sees Surly laying on the ground] Best... Friend.
- Precious: Hey!
- Surly Squirrel: What?
- Precious: Can I join your team? I can play dead. Look! [plays dead then turns around to shake her tail] Look at this thing! This is crazy! Has a mind of its own!
- Raccoon: Well, what do we have here? [walks to Surly] A hero or a thief?
- Surly: You think you can starve the park to stay in control? Mole told me everything.
- Mole: What? What's he talking about? [chuckles] I didn't say anything! He's loopy! Yeah. Cuckoo, you know, nuts. Whoo-hoo! Whoo-hoo!
- Raccoon: Is this another one of your swindles? Some half-baked revenge against me? [Surly grunts] It's something else, isn't it? You're trying to impress. Grayson, perhaps. Andie? [Surly looks surprised] Oh, I see. No matter. My accomplices will take care of them soon enough.
- Surly: [tries to get free] They don't follow me. They hate me. They hate me!
- Raccoon: Maybe, but I can't leave any evidence, Surly. [Cardinal lands on his shoulder] Every good thief knows that.
- Mole: Hey, this is getting a little crazy, don't you think? I mean...
- Raccoon: [interrupting Mole] Maybe we'll finish you off next… and where's that shiny thing he's supposed to have!?
- [The dog whistle is in King's back pocket]
- King: All right, this is it. 10, 9...
- Raccoon: [picks up a bag of nuts] You'll get the rest once you dispose of Andie and Grayson. [The Rat catches the bag of nuts] I'll finish off Mr. Hero myself.
- Surly: The park'll get rid of you. They'll vote in new leaders.
- Raccoon:: How many leaders did you think this park can have?
- King: 3, 2…
- Raccoon: 1!
- Will Arnett as Surly
- Brendan Fraser as Grayson
- Gabriel Iglesias as Jimmy
- Jeff Dunham as Mole
- Liam Neeson as Raccoon
- Katherine Heigl as Andie
- Stephen Lang as Percy "King" Dimpleweed
- Maya Rudolph as Precious
- Sarah Gadon as Lana
- James Rankin as Fingers
- Scott Yaphe as Lucky
- Joe Pingue as Johnny
- Annick Obonsawin as Jamie
- Julie Lemieux as Girl Scout
- Robert Tinkler as Buddy/Redline
- James Kee as Rat/Armoured Guard
- Katie Griffin as Pigeon
- Scott McCord as Police Officer/Misc. Animals