The Smurfs 2
The Smurfs 2 is a 2013 American 3D family comedy film and a sequel to the 2011 film The Smurfs. It is based on The Smurfs comic-book series created by the Belgian comics artist Peyo. It is the second installment of a projected trilogy, produced by Sony Pictures Animation and distributed by Columbia Pictures. The film is directed by Raja Gosnell, who helmed the first. The film was released on July 31, 2013.
- (First lines) Time to smurf some magic. Let's see.There you are. Mimosa pollen.(LAUGHS) Yes, tiger lily to make her essence magical and blue. Unless this spell be all for naught, the final thing, one hopeful thought.
- Smurfette? Are you okay?
- It doesn't matter where you came from. What matters is who you choose to be.
- Life is the most precious thing to protect.
- (Last lines) Thank you once again, Master Winslow. Miss Doolittle. Little Blue. Papa Vicster. Goodbye, Winslow family. Well, let's go, Smurfs.
- Oh, Papa.
- Stupid trusting Smurfs, you're mine now!
- Then why are we going so slow?!
- Smurfette can never being tricked into being one of them.
- Every time a smurf toots, someone smiles.
- This was supposed to be Hefty!
- You'll need all the help you can get.
- Give me the Smurfette! Now!
- He's right, Grace. I'm not his father.
- Listen to me, Patrick. I loved your mother with all my heart. I took care of Jeannette, and I made her happy. I also chose to love you as my own. Now, I didn't have to do that. But you were this little kid, no father, no hope in his eyes, a big hole in his heart, so I gave you everything I could. But I'm done, you know? You don't want it, that's fine. My last word of advice to you is this... Will you grow up? Stop blaming everyone else for your pain. And whatever you do, don't teach that beautiful son of yours that love is conditional, because it is not.
- You truly are daddy's little girl!
- [Smurfette wakes up from her nightmare and she starts to cry. Papa rushes in.]
- Papa Smurf: Smurfette? Are you okay?
- Smurfette: Oh, Papa.
- [Papa hugs Smurfette]
- Papa Smurf: There, there. Everything's going to be fine. Having that nightmare again?
- Smurfette: Papa, every year on my birthday, I have these horrible dreams about where I come from and it-- it makes me wonder who I really am.
- Vexy: Father? It's feeding time.
- Hackus: [wearily] Hackus dizzy.
- Gargamel: Oh, yes, I almost forgot. Apparently, I have to keep you alive. I hope you both appreciate what a tremendous burden this is upon me. [feeds Vexy and Hackus drops of Smurf essence] All right, mind your manners.
- Vexy: Thank you.
- Gargamel: If you were real Smurfs, I'd be taking essence from you. [pause] I didn't hear a "thank you".
- [Hackus burps]
- Gargamel: Close enough.
- Papa: All right, Smurfs, listen up. I saved enough grotto water from the last blue moon for just such an occasion. I was able to smurf it into smurfportation crystals.
- Brainy Smurf: So you don't need a portal. Very clever, Papa.
- Papa: Smurf-xactly. These will take us directly to Master Winslow's mushroom.
- Clumsy Smurf: Yeah, Patrick and Grace helped us the last time we smurfed through the portal.
- [Clumsy, Grouchy and Vanity are magically transported to New York, after accidentally swallowing the smurfportation crystals]
- Grouchy Smurf: This was supposed to be Hefty.
- Clumsy Smurf: Sorry, my bad.
- Vanity Smurf: Ack, I get so puffy when I travel.
- [The Smurfs climb up a rope during Gargamel's magic show]
- Vanity Smurf: Oh, I bet my glutes look great climbing up this rope. Grouchy, take a look.
- Grouchy Smurf: I hate my life.
- [Victor, Patrick and Blue walk out of the theatre; Victor has been turned into a duck by Gargamel]
- Victor: What are you so cross about? I'm the duck!
- Patrick: You always barge in and ruin everything. You're like a walking disaster!
- Victor: Hey, look me in the eyes and say that!
- Patrick: I can't.
- Victor: That's right, because it's not true!
- Patrick: No I can't, because your eyes are on the sides of your head!
- Victor: Ack! All the better for me to see your disrespect! [notices two people staring at him] What're you looking at?
- Patrick: [to Victor] Hurry up.
- Victor: [to the two people] It's global warming. Buy a Prius!
- Papa: I must've failed (Smurfette).
- Patrick: [walks in] Oh...Sorry, I was looking for a place to think.
- Papa: No, no, no, no. It's okay. I was doing a little thinking myself. Master Winlslow, it's hard for me but...well, can I ask you some advice? I mean, papa-to-papa? It's about Smurfette. [Patrick sits down and listens] I don't know what to do. I turned her blue. I taught her love and kindness. But the truth is, Gargamel made her. She's only a Smurf as long as she chooses to be. But what if she doesn't? What if she choose him? We could lose her. We may have already. I haven't done enough.
- Patrick: Are you kidding? Gargamel just made her, but you...you made her what she is. You stepped in and loved her as your very own. No-one asked you to, you just did. Because you knew she needed that. And that's a...that's a pretty special kind of love. She's way too smart not to see that.
- Papa: [enlightened by what Patrick said] You're right. We didn't believe in her because she changed. She changed because we believed in her. Thank you, Master Winslow. That was exactly what I needed to hear. [leaves]
- Patrick: [to himself] Me too.
- [Victor approaches Patrick, who is struggling to lift a sewer cover to Gargamel's lair]
- Patrick: Victor? What are you doing here?
- Victor: Grace called me. She said you might need a hand.
- [Patrick ignores him and continues trying to lift the sewer cover. Victor begins to walk away]
- Patrick: No, no. Victor, wait! [Victor stops] As usual, Grace is right. I could use some help.
- Victor: [pointing in a different direction] Well, for starters, you might try lifting the swer cover. [points at the cover Patrick is trying to lift] Unless you're planning on fixing the phone lines?
- [Patrick realizes the sewer cover he is trying to lift is a telephone cover and sighs in frustation]
- Victor: I'm gonna miss you, Smurfs.
- Patrick: Maybe you can name a corn dog after them.
- Victor: Oh! Now you're talking. We could use blue corn.
- Blue: Smurf dogs! Yum!
- Victor: Yes!
- Nice Gets Naughty.
- Get Ready to Get Naughty!
Live action actors
- Hank Azaria — Gargamel
- Neil Patrick Harris — Patrick "Pat" Winslow
- Brendan Gleeson — Victor Doyle
- Jayma Mays — Grace Winslow
- Jacob Tremblay — Blue Winslow
- Nancy O'Dell — herself
- Jonathan Winters — Papa Smurf
- Fred Armisen — Brainy Smurf
- Katy Perry — Smurfette
- Alan Cumming — Gutsy Smurf
- Anton Yelchin — Clumsy Smurf
- George Lopez — Grouchy Smurf
- John Oliver — Vanity Smurf
- Christina Ricci — Vexy
- J. B. Smoove — Hackus
- Mario Lopez — Social Smurf
- Jimmy Kimmel — Passive Aggressive Smurf
- Frank Welker — Azrael
- Tom Kane — Narrator Smurf
- Paul Reubens — Jokey Smurf
- B. J. Novak — Baker Smurf
- Shaquille O'Neal — Smooth Smurf
- Shaun White — Clueless Smurf
- Jeff Foxworthy — Handy Smurf
- Gary Basaraba — Hefty Smurf
- Adam Wylie — Panicky Smurf
- Joel McCrary — Farmer Smurf
- Kenan Thompson — Greedy Smurf
- John Kassir — Crazy Smurf
- Kevin Lee — Party Planner Smurf