The Smurfs (film)
The Smurfs (or The Smurfs Movie) is a 2011 live-action/CGI film about the Smurfs getting chased out of their village by the evil wizard Gargamel and into New York through a magic portal. It is based on the comic series/TV show of the same name.
- Not this time, Gargamel.
- I'm 546 years old.
- Is a smurf's butt blue?
- That's gonna leave a big blue bruise.
- [as he is falling] GOODBYE, BLUE WORLD!
- Keep your smurfs to yourself!
- Just because your name is Grouchy doesn't mean that you always have to be grouchy.
- I can have more than one dress?
- [after caging Azrael] You smurf'd with the wrong girl.
- [referring to Clumsy] Why are we even listening to him? He's the one who just got us sucked into a giant hole.
- Hey! I'm walkin' here!
- Just remember this one moment, and I wasn't grouchy! I wasn't!
- I think I just smurfed in my mouth.
- [After Patrick swears in Smurf language] There's no call for that kind of language, laddie!
- I'll never forget this. Especially not with these! [Turns around and he is wearing "I love New York" underwear]
- [repeated line] Azrael? Are you dead?
- [Getting his net caught in a tree] Let go! Cursed nature!
- Come to papa, Papa!
- [Gargamel looks for a laboratory in New York City and spots a port-a-potty/]
- Gargamel: [impressed] Oh. Yes. It's a bit small, but it should do nicely! [climbs into the port-a-potty with Azrael] Oh, it's even got its own cauldron!
- [A gurgling sound can be heard]
- Gargamel: What died in here? [the port-a-poty shakes and thumping sounds can be heard] OPEN, OPEN, OPEN, OPEN, OPEN, OPPEEENNNN!
- [Gargamel and Azrael finally fall out, dizzy and confused]
- Gargamel: [choking] Somebody's been working a dark and terrible magic in there! [coughs in disgust]
- Gargamel: [he and Azrael walk around New York, searching for the Smurfs] We must find this Smurf thief. [Azrael meows] Ah, stop your complaining. If I were a Smurf, where would I go? [spots a businessman talking on the phone and approaches him] You there, you there! Fancy pants! Have you seen any little blue men?
- Businessman: [on the phone] Absolutely, what price are we talking about?
- Gargamel: You're selling them?
- [A woman talking on the phone walks by, Gargamel follows her.]
- Woman: [on the phone] Have you looked in the drawer, sweetie?
- Gargamel: [to the woman] Wait, what drawer?
- Woman: [on the phone] In the kitchen, Lily.
- Gargamel: Who is this Lily?
- [A man also talking on the phone walks by.]
- Man: [on the phone] Are you kidding? She's like the hottest girl in my apartment.
- Gargamel: [stops the man] Please, please. Please, young woodsman. What does the temperature of this Lily have to do with the finding of Smurfs?
- Man: [to Gargamel] Take your meds, man. [walks away]
- Gargamel: [confused] What? I, I... [shouts] IS EVERYONE IN THIS REALM COMPLETELY INSANE?! [spots a peddlar] Oh, thank the gods. A local wizard. Excellent. [to the peddlar] Eh pardon me, wise sir? By any chance, have you seen any little blue men?
- Peddlar: They're everywhere! [laughs maniacally and walks away]
- Gargamel: I knew it. I knew it! I told you we were close, Azrael!
- Azrael: [unenthusiascally] I know.
- Patrick: Oh by the way, I wouldn't go anywhere if I were you.
- Smurfette: Well, why not?
- Patrick: Our world doesn't really do well with people from other places. I mean, look what happened to E.T.! [The Smurfs look at Patrick, confused] It's a movie. A moving picture? Book? Just stay. Okay? [Walks out the door]
- Grace: How can you be the girl in the village?
- Smurfette: Well see, I wasn't brought by a stork like the others. I was created by Gargamel to trap the other Smurfs.
- Grace: Wow! And then what happened?
- Smurfette: Papa saved me. He cast a special spell, and then helped become the Smurf I was meant to be.
- Our World is About to Get Smurf'd
- Adventure Doesn't Get Any Bigger
- Where the Smurf Are We?
- Smurf Happens
Live action actors
- Neil Patrick Harris — Patrick Winslow
- Jayma Mays — Grace Winslow
- Hank Azaria — Gargamel
- Sofía Vergara — Odile
- Tim Gunn — Henri
- Jonathan Winters — Papa Smurf
- Katy Perry — Smurfette
- Fred Armisen — Brainy Smurf
- Alan Cumming — Gutsy Smurf
- Anton Yelchin — Clumsy Smurf
- George Lopez — Grouchy Smurf
- Jeff Foxworthy — Handy Smurf
- Paul Reubens — Jokey Smurf
- Gary Basaraba — Hefty Smurf
- John Oliver — Vanity Smurf
- Kenan Thompson — Greedy Smurf
- Adam Wylie — Panicky Smurf
- B. J. Novak — Baker Smurf
- Wolfgang Puck — Chef Smurf
- John Kassir — Crazy Smurf
- Tom Kane — Narrator Smurf
- Frank Welker — Azrael the cat