Tom & Jerry (2021 film)
Tom & Jerry (marketed as Tom & Jerry: The Movie) is an American live-action/computer-animated slapstick comedy film produced by the Warner Animation Group and based on the cartoon characters of the same name created by William Hanna and Joseph Barbera. It is the second fully theatrical film adaptation of the characters following 1992's Tom and Jerry: The Movie. The film stars Chloë Grace Moretz, Michael Peña, Colin Jost, Rob Delaney, and Ken Jeong in live-action roles. Nicky Jam, Bobby Cannavale, and Lil Rel Howery also feature in voice roles, while the titular characters are voiced by William Hanna, Mel Blanc and June Foray via archival recordings alongside Frank Welker.
- Directed by Tim Story. Written by Kevin Costello.
|This film article is a stub. You can help Wikiquote by expanding it.|
- [holding Jerry's tiny card] Oh, wow. This is so detailed.
- We could hire an exterminator, or we can leverage millions of years of predatory evolution.
- That Rodentia is toast.
- I think I might have just pulled this off.
- That's a wanted dead or alive, and your stick figure of a mouse, and your Es are backwards. It's never gonna work.
- You guys gotta stop fighting. It's like you've been doing this for years.
- Stay calm, everyone.
- This hotel has been host to four presidents, three popes, two kings, and one queen.
- If a picture of this mouse is tweeted out to InstaBookFace or Ticky Tok, we will be ruined.
- This is insane.
- That's probably a scream of delight.
- Could he wear a jaunty hat? That would be adorable.
- Tom is an employee! He has a name tag!
- Well, this is a disaster.
- Butch: Well, well, well. Look at what we got here. [grabs Tom by the neck] You know, if I wasn't a betting cat, I'd say Tommy boy here is trying to break into the hotel.
- Lightning: That's sure what it looks like.
- Topsy: This here is our alley, punk! Which makes this our hotel!
- Butch: Wait, hold up. Are you trying to break into our hotel? [Tom shakes his head] Yo, guys, don't worry about it. It was a big misunderstanding. Right, Tom? [Tom laughs] Are you laughing at me? Now, I'm sure you know what I do to cats that laugh at me.
- Topsy: Come on, boss! Preach! Preach to him!
- Butch: Now, I was about to, if you would shut that grill and let me handle this.
- [Tom sees an animal control truck driving by.]
- Topsy: My bad, boss.
- Butch: So, are you gonna answer me?
- [Tom whistles to catch the animal control officer's attention as Butch turns to see the animal control truck backing up.]
- Meathead: Oh, snap! It's five-o! Drop and run!
- Lightning: Oh, no, not again!
- [Butch turns back to find that there's a mop in Tom's stead and he and the alley cats make a run for it.]
- Topsy: Somebody pick me up, I can't run that fast!
- Butch: Hey, I'll see you again, Tom!
- Lightning: Break yourself!
- Animal Control Officer: [as he's chasing the alley cats] Hey, get back here!
- Spike: This is definitely your bad.
- Best of Enemies. Worst of Friends.
- A Major Commotion Picture.
- Rolling Into Theaters.
- Blowing Up in Real Life.
- Real World. New Twists.
- Chloë Grace Moretz as Kayla
- Michael Peña as Terrence
- Colin Jost as Ben
- Rob Delaney as Mr. DuBros
- Ken Jeong as Jackie
- Pallavi Sharda as Preeta
- Jordan Bolger as Cameron
- Patsy Ferran as Joy
- William Hanna, Mel Blanc, June Foray (archive sound), Frank Welker, Kaiji Tang and André Sogliuzzo as Tom and Jerry
- T-Pain as Tom (singing voice)
- Bobby Cannavale as Spike
- Nicky Jam as Butch
- Lil Rel Howery as Tom's shoulder devil and angel
- The Plastic Cup Boyz:
- Jeff Bergman as Droopy
- Utkarsh Ambudkar as Real Estate Rat
- Tim Story as Pigeon Announcer
- Ben Shepard and Kate Garraway as Cecil and Malcolm